If Dallas loses to the Giants

chagus

Reaction score
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.
On to week 5...,.nothing else I can do

J_Allen

Reaction score
We can't really start over because Jerry is locked up all of these underperforming players. Trayvon Diggs is not a shutdown corner, Dak is not an elite quarterback, CD is good but look who's throwing to him.

A 2 or 3 win season means Jerry can't sell this crap to us again. We went into this season with no defensive line and no running backs. How absolutely stupid is that. I want him to get humiliated for it so I'm rooting for losses the rest of the way. If you don't like it then too bad.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

I'm on record MM gets fired by game 9. The team is in open mutiny...Micah basically calling out D. Ware by name. CeeDee getting criticized by Tom for his negative body language toward Dak ...more football-related PTSD. We have the same leaders - Micah, Mike McCarthy, Dak, etc. - that went dear-in-headlights last year when it counted most. Most squadrons, teams, tribes, families, units, etc. don't recover from that because the boss says so. MM is now in his last-year-in-GB gimmick bag that had Aaron Rodgers rolling his eyes at him. BTW, how's Aaron doing at 40?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You dont just start doing tear downs mid season....if the Cowboys drop out of the race you might see one or two upcoming free agents moved, but thats about it, and odds are it wont be an OL because you need to make sure you dont get your QB killed. Football is simply so risky to be doing tear downs like that because you have 11 guys on the field all dependent upon each other. Its what makes the game magical, but its also why tear downs can get guys hurt.

A trade for a player could be on the table, but that shouldnt happen until a few more weeks out. You dont go giving up draft picks in hopes of a hail mary attempt to save your season after a losing streak, you go that route if you're 3-3 at the bye and looking to truly fill a hole once your team shows improvement already.

You really just dont do anything after week 4.....You spend all offseason putting the best 53 on the roster, these are your guys at this point. Jerry keeps saying that he doesnt envision any roster moves and this is exactly why. Free agents at this point are all guys who couldnt make any of the other 31 rosters, and no one is ready to trade with you at this point.

As far as I go personally if we lose on Thursday I'll just be ready for 13 more games on Sunday. I've been watching more games overall this year and had less of a hardcore focus on the Cowboys, its actually been kinda nice.

shabazz

Reaction score
"Rebuilding" went out the window when JJ granted Dak's every wish with his absurd extension. Sadly it's impossible now.
However he was actually truthful after the Packers game when he said he was "Running it Back"....... nothing smarter than retaining a roster that was mud-stomped by a wildcard team.

Sadly he didn't even retain it......it's now worse

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just will put fake blame upon himself while sipping on tequila in the owner's suite while sweating profusely ...ie, nothing will change

chagus

Reaction score
We can't really start over because Jerry is locked up all of these underperforming players. Trayvon Diggs is not a shutdown corner, Dak is not an elite quarterback, CD is good but look who's throwing to him.

A 2 or 3 win season means Jerry can't sell this crap to us again. We went into this season with no defensive line and no running backs. How absolutely stupid is that. I want him to get humiliated for it so I'm rooting for losses the rest of the way. If you don't like it then too bad.
Oh i hate losing. It is too bad.