If Dallas loses to the Giants

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We can't really start over because Jerry is locked up all of these underperforming players. Trayvon Diggs is not a shutdown corner, Dak is not an elite quarterback, CD is good but look who's throwing to him.

A 2 or 3 win season means Jerry can't sell this crap to us again. We went into this season with no defensive line and no running backs. How absolutely stupid is that. I want him to get humiliated for it so I'm rooting for losses the rest of the way. If you don't like it then too bad.

And they still must do something with the end who doesn’t show up most games. Now let’s see what he does against the gnats.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The season was over before it started.
We regressed this off season from the outfit that got spanked at home by a lower seeded team in the playoffs.
The teams ceiling this season was 10 and 7, and it looks like we will get nowhere near that record.
Exactly . This season was dead man walking from the get go between the lack of FA and resigning Mr. Oopsie.

Homer

Reaction score
If Dallas loses maybe we see Calvin soon. Besides that not much else different. Daks contract tells me that Jerry is trying to be in win now mode. So like others mentioned a rebuild is out of the question. And a coaching change would do nothing.

Jerry invested in this product, he’s gonna have to stick with it

CCBoy

Reaction score
On to week 5...,.nothing else I can do
If Dallas doesn't beat a NFC East team not a top team, it isn't handling mechanics of simple control of game flow. Resting on greatness of potential doesn't monitor control of the flanks, depth on the field, screens and leaving unguarded/open receivers loose every game.

If the Giants aren't beat Thursday, the team then looks more in the category of a 7-10 team and has to struggle intensely to change.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I'm almost hoping for the Giants to win Thursday night against the Cowboys just to see the absolute unhinged takes on Friday morning....and there won't be anyone to blame but Jerry Jones!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We can't really start over because Jerry is locked up all of these underperforming players. Trayvon Diggs is not a shutdown corner, Dak is not an elite quarterback, CD is good but look who's throwing to him.

A 2 or 3 win season means Jerry can't sell this crap to us again. We went into this season with no defensive line and no running backs. How absolutely stupid is that. I want him to get humiliated for it so I'm rooting for losses the rest of the way. If you don't like it then too bad.
CeeDee dropped 3 passes against the Ravens (2 that killed drives and forced punts), lost a fumble inside the opponent's 10 yard line, threw a tantrum against his teammates on the sidelines, and refused to address the media after the game.

But..."CD is good but look who's throwing to him."

:facepalm:

CWR

Reaction score
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.
Dallas will come out and dominate from the beginning vs NY.

If they somehow don't, the team is likely going to tail spin hard.

My plan doesn't change either way. I'll watch the games with the expectation this team isn't good enough to go the distance. I came to that conclusion after we did next to nothing to fix why we've lost in the first place.

Creeper

Reaction score
My first question is, how many people thought just a month ago that the Cowboys could lose to the Giants week 4? How many people think they can lose this game now?

The Cowboys are a bad football teams. Look at the defense and name a player who has stepped up? Jourdan Lewis may be playing the most consistently, but he is nota game changer or even close. The rest of the defense has been plain bad.

Read this from NFL.com

"Opposing offenses have called run plays against the Cowboys on a league-high 51% of plays this season, +11.4% more often than expected (fourth-highest in the NFL), per Next Gen Stats. The Cowboys have allowed a league-high 54.4% success rate against designed runs and +24.3 rushing EPA, more than triple the next closest team (Rams: +6.1).

Poor play has been contagious in Dallas, as the Cowboys' defense totaled 17 missed tackles against the Ravens, more than they did in Weeks 1 and 2 combined (15). The Cowboys also allowed 158 yards due to their missed tackles, the most in a game by any defense this season."

https://www.nfl.com/news/micah-parsons-start-of-cowboys-2024-season-has-been-extremely-humbling

So to answer the question what if Dallas loses to the Giants, for me the answer is nothing. This was always going to happen because this team was allowed to get worse over the off-season. If you thought Jordan Phillips and Linval Joseph were going to fix things, that's on you. RB and DT were a problem going into the off-season when Pollard signed with the Titans. Jerry decided to go backwards and now Rico Dowdle is the best RB on the team. Think about that.

Mazi Smith is the 2nd best DT on the team, and a far cry from Osa Odighizuwa who is the best they have, and he is nothing to shake a stick at. Can't run the football, can't stop the run. Only this year it is actually worse.

Jerry knows what's going on. I find it hard to believe all the coaches on this team cannot see what we see. I cannot believe they haven't talked about this with Jerry.

Next year is the big year for Dallas. New coaches all around, I am sure.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Jerry knows what's going on. I find it hard to believe all the coaches on this team cannot see what we see. I cannot believe they haven't talked about this with Jerry.
Lots of rumblings this past offseason that McCarthy was frustrated with Jerry. Rumors that the Zimmer deal got held up because he pushed back on a 1 year deal as well. Who knows whats actually true, but I have to believe the coaches have talked with Jerry about these issues and Jerry doesn't care. Has there even been a team to have an offseason with coaches on expiring deals and no multi year deals given out in free agency?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas doesn't beat a NFC East team not a top team, it isn't handling mechanics of simple control of game flow. Resting on greatness of potential doesn't monitor control of the flanks, depth on the field, screens and leaving unguarded/open receivers loose every game.

If the Giants aren't beat Thursday, the team then looks more in the category of a 7-10 team and has to struggle intensely to change.
Change is up to them, I can't do anything about it, except change the channel...and I won't do that.

Creeper

Reaction score
Lots of rumblings this past offseason that McCarthy was frustrated with Jerry. Rumors that the Zimmer deal got held up because he pushed back on a 1 year deal as well. Who knows whats actually true, but I have to believe the coaches have talked with Jerry about these issues and Jerry doesn't care. Has there even been a team to have an offseason with coaches on expiring deals and no multi year deals given out in free agency?
I am pretty sure Jerry gave them the same line of garbage he gives the media about the salary CAP problems.

J_Allen

Reaction score
CeeDee dropped 3 passes against the Ravens (2 that killed drives and forced punts), lost a fumble inside the opponent's 10 yard line, threw a tantrum against his teammates on the sidelines, and refused to address the media after the game.

But..."CD is good but look who's throwing to him."

:facepalm:
One bad game doesn't mean he sucks. He's probably the second best receiver in the league behind Jalen Tolbert.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One bad game doesn't mean he sucks. He's probably the second best receiver in the league behind Jalen Tolbert.
Those guys will throw ANYONE under the bus to defend Dak ...... ANYONE ...... Troy, Roger, it does not matter.

Shows where their allegiance is really at ...... and its not the Dallas Cowboys organization ....... its Jerry and Dak.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?
I think it may be a tough 1st half, but the 2nd half we pull through

visionary

Reaction score

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.
If Dallas loses to Giants? LOL
This season is going nowhere whether we beat the Giants or not

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You dont just start doing tear downs mid season....if the Cowboys drop out of the race you might see one or two upcoming free agents moved, but thats about it, and odds are it wont be an OL because you need to make sure you dont get your QB killed. Football is simply so risky to be doing tear downs like that because you have 11 guys on the field all dependent upon each other. Its what makes the game magical, but its also why tear downs can get guys hurt.

A trade for a player could be on the table, but that shouldnt happen until a few more weeks out. You dont go giving up draft picks in hopes of a hail mary attempt to save your season after a losing streak, you go that route if you're 3-3 at the bye and looking to truly fill a hole once your team shows improvement already.

You really just dont do anything after week 4.....You spend all offseason putting the best 53 on the roster, these are your guys at this point. Jerry keeps saying that he doesnt envision any roster moves and this is exactly why. Free agents at this point are all guys who couldnt make any of the other 31 rosters, and no one is ready to trade with you at this point.

As far as I go personally if we lose on Thursday I'll just be ready for 13 more games on Sunday. I've been watching more games overall this year and had less of a hardcore focus on the Cowboys, its actually been kinda nice.
less stress on the brain, losses used to kill me, I just go on social media take my beating from eagles fans, and move on with my week, why care if they don't