If Dallas loses to the Giants

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.
The season was over before it started.
We regressed this off season from the outfit that got spanked at home by a lower seeded team in the playoffs.
The teams ceiling this season was 10 and 7, and it looks like we will get nowhere near that record.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If Dallas loses to the Giants​

its-a-riot-estelle-getty.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t know what to think anymore.

The best thing overall is for Jerry to fall flat on his face, but I have a very tough time rooting against them when the game is going on.

Not caring about losses is about as far as it’ll seem to go.

Gotta wait him out and hope beyond some miracle that the kid says he wanted to hire a GM all along but Jerry wouldn’t allow it.

DickWhitman

Reaction score
I'm on record MM gets fired by game 9. The team is in open mutiny...Micah basically calling out D. Ware by name. CeeDee getting criticized by Tom for his negative body language toward Dak ...more football-related PTSD. We have the same leaders - Micah, Mike McCarthy, Dak, etc. - that went dear-in-headlights last year when it counted most. Most squadrons, teams, tribes, families, units, etc. don't recover from that because the boss says so. MM is now in his last-year-in-GB gimmick bag that had Aaron Rodgers rolling his eyes at him. BTW, how's Aaron doing at 40?
Who replaces McCarthy if he's fired? Should have promoted Quinn after last season. Too late now. Does it really matter who the coach is with JJ in charge? I don't think it does. One knucklehead/bonehead move after another. The 28 year drought goes on and on. Very depressing. Folks need to walk away from this team until real changes happen. That's the ONLY thing Jones understands. Hit him in the pocketbook. So sad to be stuck with the middling Prescott for years to come.

Flamma

Reaction score
However he was actually truthful after the Packers game when he said he was "Running it Back"....... nothing smarter than retaining a roster that was mud-stomped by a wildcard team.

Sadly he didn't even retain it......it's now worse
It's basically what they did in the 2016 off season. Except they didn't get stomped in the playoffs. No attempt was made to get better. That's how we got 2017.

LysleE

Reaction score
Meh…it is what it is. I don’t think this is a gimme game as some people might think.

Should they lose…nothing will change. Jerry is in denial and his ego will prevent any personnel changes from being made.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm on record MM gets fired by game 9. The team is in open mutiny...Micah basically calling out D. Ware by name. CeeDee getting criticized by Tom for his negative body language toward Dak ...more football-related PTSD. We have the same leaders - Micah, Mike McCarthy, Dak, etc. - that went dear-in-headlights last year when it counted most. Most squadrons, teams, tribes, families, units, etc. don't recover from that because the boss says so. MM is now in his last-year-in-GB gimmick bag that had Aaron Rodgers rolling his eyes at him. BTW, how's Aaron doing at 40?
I think you mean Micah is calling out Demarcus Lawrence - who's been a whole lot of nothing here. He flashes the occasional good play but he's not a leader at all.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's not going to matter if we beat the crap Giants. If this team doesn't completely change by mid season, we can lose a lot of games going forward.
The next six tough games after the Giants will decide our season.......and now the Commandos game after those six can't be taken for granted anymore

dware94

Reaction score
JJ already knows he’s got his scapegoat in MM. if things get bad enough, he will fire MM mid season and make it look like a coaching failure rather than a GM failure. Rinse and repeat

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nabors will go off. We can't cover, can't tackle..WONT tackle....and often have no idea what we are doing defensively. NO FOCUS AND DRIVE. Rocks for brains. I can see us losing this game. IF that happens, what will Jerry say then? We fought hard? We came up against a hot team? The old Jerry would go scorched Earth and fire people and try to at least send a message. THIS Jerry is a circus Carnie. Problem is, its HIS Circus creation. He isn't about to admit he was wrong by making real changes.

chagus

Reaction score
You dont just start doing tear downs mid season....if the Cowboys drop out of the race you might see one or two upcoming free agents moved, but thats about it, and odds are it wont be an OL because you need to make sure you dont get your QB killed. Football is simply so risky to be doing tear downs like that because you have 11 guys on the field all dependent upon each other. Its what makes the game magical, but its also why tear downs can get guys hurt.

A trade for a player could be on the table, but that shouldnt happen until a few more weeks out. You dont go giving up draft picks in hopes of a hail mary attempt to save your season after a losing streak, you go that route if you're 3-3 at the bye and looking to truly fill a hole once your team shows improvement already.

You really just dont do anything after week 4.....You spend all offseason putting the best 53 on the roster, these are your guys at this point. Jerry keeps saying that he doesnt envision any roster moves and this is exactly why. Free agents at this point are all guys who couldnt make any of the other 31 rosters, and no one is ready to trade with you at this point.

As far as I go personally if we lose on Thursday I'll just be ready for 13 more games on Sunday. I've been watching more games overall this year and had less of a hardcore focus on the Cowboys, its actually been kinda nice.
Dunny you mention that, ive done exact same thing. Watching teams with good young running backs is refreshing. Also the vikings and panthers with retread QBs is fun to watch.

Blue64

Reaction score
... this Thursday, what will be your automatic thoughts on how the rest of the season will go? "Turn off the lights, the party's over" or "Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee", it aint over yet?

Also, should Dallas seriously think about rebuild? Drop everyone... start from scratch? In season trade? Couch free agent signings? Is this season even salvageable?

I guess what im asking all you fellow fans is this; what would your plan be going forward after a Giants loss? Mind you... this is week 4.
Dallas can’t drop everyone… rebuild is not going to happen when your QB gets signed for $60Mil

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dunny you mention that, ive done exact same thing. Watching teams with good young running backs is refreshing. Also the vikings and panthers with retread QBs is fun to watch.
Absolutely, teams winning with retreads shouldnt even be that much of a surprise anymore. Pittsburgh got Fields for a 6th round pick, Green Bay is 2-0 with a guy that couldnt even make Tennessee's roster. You look around the league and you seem to have either the elite guys (Mahomes/Allen), the rookie deal guys, or QBs all on their 2nd/3rd/4th teams all leading divisions early on. I'm rooting for the trend to continue around the league, I love the chaos.

Carson

Reaction score
If we lose, season is likely a dud. Will likely be 1-5 heading into the bye with SF on deck. May be time to replace McCarthy at this point.

If they win, they need to steal a win against Pittsburgh or Detroit and be 3-3 at the Bye.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Who replaces McCarthy if he's fired? Should have promoted Quinn after last season. Too late now. Does it really matter who the coach is with JJ in charge? I don't think it does. One knucklehead/bonehead move after another. The 28 year drought goes on and on. Very depressing. Folks need to walk away from this team until real changes happen. That's the ONLY thing Jones understands. Hit him in the pocketbook. So sad to be stuck with the middling Prescott for years to come.
To be realistic, Jerry's pocket is only going to get bigger.

I for one will not walk away. I am with them until the bitter end, win or lose. That's the way "real" cowboy fans are built.