If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's looking good for Washington :eek:

Actually, I think they might be the surprise team in the east, and they may win the div.

I may start rooting for them, at least they are competitive.

The sad thing is there was a chance ! A win today, and phil and nyg lose, would have made things look good.
But a loss where we only score 6 points, 2 fg, and other team only 10 points. That is just pitiful .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would be content going 2-14 with a top 3 pick as long as Garret would quit pumping so much sunshine up these players arses. Grow a pair and shove a foot up there already u damn soccer mom

Top picks wont help with our HC and his staff.:thumbdown:
And the jones boys picking.:thumbdown:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The best team in our division is on track for 8 and 8. I think it's still attainable, but we need the rest of the division to be awful.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There comes a time when one just needs to accept that the season is over.

This is that time. Even if we did win out, I don't see the Giants finishing worse than 9-7 and we have NO CHANCE at a wild card spot.

Well even if 7-9 takes the div, I dont think we will reach 7-9 after seeing todays game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If dallas had just run the ball 29 times with McF and CM, they could have won this 6-3.

The game would have ended before tampa scores that td.
But no we pass too much and every inc pass stopped the clock extending the game.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
7 wins in a row time ;)

That's what I'm saying... We went 6-1 to finish last season... We were 2-0 with Romo to start this season, and most of us would agree that we'd probably be 7-2 and fighting for a first-round bye if Romo and Dez had played in every game... So I don't get why so many around here are acting like we're not a good team (with Romo)... 7-0 is still asking a hell of a lot, so it is unlikely, but some "fans" don't even want Romo to play next week because they're already wanting the team to tank...

We lost 7 games in a row and our division foes could still only manage to gain a 2 and a half game cushion, that might come back to bite them... Those other NFCE teams are what they are, there's no reason with their remaining schedules to expect a significant improvement from any of them... Dallas on the other hand wont be the same team with Romo that they were with Cassel/Weeden, and there's every reason in the world to believe that they'll be a much more formidable team starting this week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder why they are unable to when all the previous coaches and teams over the past 55 years didn't have this problem.................makes you go hmmmmm

It doesn't really make me go 'hmm,' because I think the problems have been pretty obvious from game to game, and I don't think there's one broad and easy solution to fixing the problem, unfortunately. Today's game, for example, could have been won through more effective third down QB play. Or by fixing the drops. Last week's game we needed to be lined up better on the defensive snaps in most of the second half as our gap control was getting us killed. ATL was a gap control problem, too, though that was primarily with one player who wasn't ready to play.

The streak isn't as important to me in terms of diagnosing the problem as it clearly is to you. Don't get me wrong, it matters very much in that it's going to knock us out of the playoffs in a year where we have an otherwise good team. But in terms of identifying the things that are contributing to the losses, the streak itself is irrelevant. That includes the 55 years thing.

I want to identify what's causing the losses and change that. I think some of that is personnel (QB, mostly, but also S and LB). I think some of it has been ST play (which is partly personnel, but in my opinion mostly a coaching limitation because we haven't added personnel to the protection teams who can give our returns room to return kicks, and we've had guys out of their lanes way too often for it to not to have been corrected yet in coverage). We've had issues getting sufficient pressure along the DL, which I don't understand at all, honestly.

In short, it's been a number of factors. Some of them relate to coaching. Some do not. But changing coaching staffs is a huge undertaking. It means starting a 2-3 year change of direction, at a minimum. That's a huge investment of time and resources that I'm just not willing to make just because the team is losing. If we were losing because we were unprepared, or because we were making unforgivable game day mistakes, or because our schemes were really as elementary as some here want to pretend they are, then that would be one thing. But I'm not seeing that at all. I see a team that's still bought in, that's still playing hard, and that's somehow finding increasingly less believable ways to lose games week after week. I think we're looking at a lot of tweaks and not a complete and dramatic overhaul to go from 'almost good enough' to 'good enough.' I know I'm pretty much alone in that regard as fans on a message board go right now, and that's perfectly ok with me. I think you guys are on a witch hunt because you're not happy with results. I understand the impulse. I just disagree with your assessment.

Last edited:

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
And these are the types of threads that have grown to be exactly what has been wrong with this team since 1996.

It's also the reason why we still won't win anything either. All this false hope and going for these stupid moral victories that don't accomplish anything.

Hope you enjoy watching the playoffs with the rest of the teams fans and wondering why we ended with such a crappy draft pick or having a pet cat in the draft go a few picks up for us.

But hey, we ended on a high note. :clap:

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, we'd be much better if we just tanked every year... And I'm sure we'd all just enjoy the hell out of a 4-12 offseason where people like you would try to run our HoF QB out of town... :rolleyes: Also, I don't think threads of any kind have any real bearing on the team's success or failure...

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
No team has ever lost 7 in a row and made the NFL playoffs. This team will not be the exception.

No team ever made the playoffs with 7 wins until the Panthers did it last season, and they were sitting at 3-8-1 before winning 4 in a row to finish the season... I'm just saying there's a first for everything, and if there were ever a team that could turn it around after a 7 game losing streak, then it would be this Dallas team in this weak division.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It doesn't really make me go 'hmm,' because I think the problems have been pretty obvious from game to game, and I don't think there's one broad and easy solution to fixing the problem, unfortunately. Today's game, for example, could have been won through more effective third down QB play. Last week's game we needed to be lined up better on the defensive snaps in most of the second half as our gap control was getting us killed. ATL was a gap control problem, too, though that was primarily with one player who wasn't ready to play.

The streak isn't as important to me in terms of diagnosing the problem as it clearly is to you. Don't get me wrong, it matters very much in that it's going to knock us out of the playoffs in a year where we have an otherwise good team. But in terms of identifying the things that are contributing to the losses, the streak itself is irrelevant. That includes the 55 years thing.

I want to identify what's causing the losses and change that. I think some of that is personnel (QB, mostly, but also S and LB). I think some of it has been ST play (which is partly personnel, but in my opinion mostly a coaching limitation because we haven't added personnel to the protection teams who can give our returns room to return kicks, and we've had guys out of their lanes way too often for it to not to have been corrected yet in coverage). We've had issues getting sufficient pressure along the DL, which I don't understand at all, honestly.

In short, it's been a number of factors. Some of them relate to coaching. Some do not. But changing coaching staffs is a huge undertaking. It means starting a 2-3 year change of direction, at a minimum. That's a huge investment of time and resources that I'm just not willing to make just because the team is losing. If we were losing because we were unprepared, or because we were making unforgivable game day mistakes, or because our schemes were really as elementary as some here want to pretend they are, then that would be one thing. But I'm not seeing that at all. I see a team that's still bought in, that's still playing hard, and that's somehow finding increasingly less believable ways to lose games week after week. I think we're looking at a lot of tweaks and not a complete and dramatic overhaul to go from 'almost good enough' to 'good enough.' I know I'm pretty much alone in that regard as fans on a message board go right now, and that's perfectly ok with me. I think you guys are on a witch hunt because you're not happy with results. I understand the impulse. I just disagree with your assessment.

You're not alone, but we are in the vast minority at the moment.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we'd be much better if we just tanked every year... And I'm sure we'd all just enjoy the hell out of a 4-12 offseason where people like you would try to run our HoF QB out of town... :rolleyes: Also, I don't think threads of any kind have any real bearing on the team's success or failure...
I'm not saying to tank every year.. But at this point, with 7 games left and having lost the last 7 what good does it do to have another stupid moral victory when it counts for absolutely nothing?

We're the 16th seed in the NFC currently. The 16th freaking seed.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

But nah, let's win just enough games when Romo gets back to achieve absolutely nothing.. Yet again.. Because that's totally going to mean something.

KB1122

Reaction score
If we are mathmatically out, then maybe start looking at the future and draft, but until then I just cannot root for losses.

By the time we're mathematically out of it, we won't be high enough to get what we need.

KB1122

Reaction score
The people who are on board with this team are the ones that want them to lose out. I don't want to have to go through 2 or 3 or more seasons like this to get a quarterback.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. The fact that we are in a HORRIBLE division doesn't necessarily make me feel better about the overall status of this team, top to bottom.

vaturkey

Reaction score
I think we are into the mode of telling players (and coaches) that they need to treat every snap like its the last snap they will ever play or coach in the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The people who are on board with this team are the ones that want them to lose out. I don't want to have to go through 2 or 3 or more seasons like this to get a quarterback.

good luck on the QB, you really think jerry and his posse can draft the right QB ??
Then do you really think JG and wade wilson can coach him up?

Like they have with weeden ?