If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no other team is afraid of the cowboys either

exactly, here is why
dumber_JG_and_linehan_R_for_text_ed_02.png

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With Tony Romo they are.
Tony will help, but the coaching is just too bad.
Playbook is old every team knows it, and like today they thought they should beat tampa thru the air not the run game.??

Dallas will win 4 games max out of these last 7 so 6-10 or worse.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I'm not saying to tank every year.. But at this point, with 7 games left and having lost the last 7 what good does it do to have another stupid moral victory when it counts for absolutely nothing?

We're the 16th seed in the NFC currently. The 16th freaking seed.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

But nah, let's win just enough games when Romo gets back to achieve absolutely nothing.. Yet again.. Because that's totally going to mean something.

It might not mean anything to you, but it means something to the players, it means something to the team... And we might be the "16th seed", but we're only 2 and a half games out of leading our division... And with Romo coming back, we shouldn't be worrying about the draft just yet.

If the Panthers had packed it in last season and decided to tank for the draft when they were sitting at 3-8-1, then they wouldn't have made the playoffs and won a playoff game last season, and you could argue that the momentum from last season helped springboard what was a 7 win team last season, into a team that is currently 9-0 with basically the same roster...

What does any of it really "mean" then to any team that doesn't win the Super Bowl? By your logic there should be 20 teams trying to tank right now, because they're all fighting to "achieve absolutely nothing"... What a great NFL that would be if more than half the teams just lay down halfway through the season...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From the 5- 5 division leading Giants.... Let's disussion this. I'm having a hard time finding anything positive today but Romo will be back in the saddle next week. :huh:

What more do you need? Romo coming back is a big deal. He won't fix all but he alone fixes enough to beat Miami next week. One week at a time my friend.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
By the time we're mathematically out of it, we won't be high enough to get what we need.

you need to call JG and Jerry and tell them, otherwise they will win as many as they can in futile effort.

dfense

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the team will probably relax thinking Tony will save the day and they will lose a game they probably should win. The reality is, Tony's great play masked a lot of problems.

1. They've invested some picks in DL help the past couple of years. But the players they drafted are mediocre pass rushers who are not very stout against power running teams. They have a hard time setting the edge. They ignored the interior of the line too long and it's starting to show.

2. Both safties are really bad in coverage. Church is serviceable in the box, but still blows assignments at critical times. Wilcox is nothing but a gunner on special teams. He is really really, really, really, bad. Can't tackle, wrap up, cover, read defenses.... It's a wonder they let him cross the street by himself. At least Byron Jones shows promise as a possible replacement.

3. LB play is starting slide. Lee is not nearly as good as when he was in the middle. McClain is JAG lately and has an aura of non-dependability about him. Depth is a real problem.

4. Special teams. Not so special. No punt returner on the roster. Beasley will get hurt returning punts.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It might not mean anything to you, but it means something to the players, it means something to the team... And we might be the "16th seed", but we're only 2 and a half games out of leading our division... And with Romo coming back, we shouldn't be worrying about the draft just yet.

If the Panthers had packed it in last season and decided to tank for the draft when they were sitting at 3-8-1, then they wouldn't have made the playoffs and won a playoff game last season, and you could argue that the momentum from last season helped springboard what was a 7 win team last season, into a team that is currently 9-0 with basically the same roster...

What does any of it really "mean" then to any team that doesn't win the Super Bowl? By your logic there should be 20 teams trying to tank right now, because they're all fighting to "achieve absolutely nothing"... What a great NFL that would be if more than half the teams just lay down halfway through the season...

good points, but I am going to wait and see if Romo can win the next 2-3 games.
This week we could have gained 1 game on philly and NY, we missed the golden opportunity !
I dont think we can win more than 4 games now of the 7.
The coaches here are just holding the team back, it is like pulling up on the reins of a horse.

Miami beat philly and knocked bradford out , and tony will be getting sacked, as they dont keep people in to block
the free rushers.
So miami is no easy win, it will be another close game.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score

Haha hahaha hahaha hahaha.

Yeah.. I'm really sure it really does.

They must love those " moral victories ".
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

And we wonder why we have the clapper.

:facepalm:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I go along with what you say.

While a Top 3 pick next year maybe a big boust on paper..

I think the emotional state of the team needs winning more.

I said this in another thead..

we were 2 games behind the Iggles with 4 to play last season.

If we pull things together and just mentally dismiss the first half of the year..

play like the season just started..

This would be the coaches biggest test to me..

we have 7 games to see what happens.

We stiil have 2 games against the Commanders we would have to win..

and we are going to be on the road for most of the rest of the year..

which for us is a blessing seeing how we play at home.

I will not want a top 3 draft pick to offset the problems. That's a crap shoot.

Just look at Andrew Luck for an example. Started out great but now really struggling to win.

You just never know.

This team is very young. It needs to fight its way thru the adversity to what it takes.

Me..I never thought this would be an easy or necessarily a more successful year than 2014.

The schedule was tougher..we lost some key players in FA and when the injuries to Scandrick, Romo, Lee, Free, Witten and Dez occurred and discipline problems with McLain, Hardy and Randle. happened it compounded everything..

There is no way things could be the same.

So I think we look for us to be competitive and pray no more injuries happen and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It doesn't really make me go 'hmm,' because I think the problems have been pretty obvious from game to game, and I don't think there's one broad and easy solution to fixing the problem, unfortunately. Today's game, for example, could have been won through more effective third down QB play. Or by fixing the drops. Last week's game we needed to be lined up better on the defensive snaps in most of the second half as our gap control was getting us killed. ATL was a gap control problem, too, though that was primarily with one player who wasn't ready to play.

The streak isn't as important to me in terms of diagnosing the problem as it clearly is to you. Don't get me wrong, it matters very much in that it's going to knock us out of the playoffs in a year where we have an otherwise good team. But in terms of identifying the things that are contributing to the losses, the streak itself is irrelevant. That includes the 55 years thing.

I want to identify what's causing the losses and change that. I think some of that is personnel (QB, mostly, but also S and LB). I think some of it has been ST play (which is partly personnel, but in my opinion mostly a coaching limitation because we haven't added personnel to the protection teams who can give our returns room to return kicks, and we've had guys out of their lanes way too often for it to not to have been corrected yet in coverage). We've had issues getting sufficient pressure along the DL, which I don't understand at all, honestly.

In short, it's been a number of factors. Some of them relate to coaching. Some do not. But changing coaching staffs is a huge undertaking. It means starting a 2-3 year change of direction, at a minimum. That's a huge investment of time and resources that I'm just not willing to make just because the team is losing. If we were losing because we were unprepared, or because we were making unforgivable game day mistakes, or because our schemes were really as elementary as some here want to pretend they are, then that would be one thing. But I'm not seeing that at all. I see a team that's still bought in, that's still playing hard, and that's somehow finding increasingly less believable ways to lose games week after week. I think we're looking at a lot of tweaks and not a complete and dramatic overhaul to go from 'almost good enough' to 'good enough.' I know I'm pretty much alone in that regard as fans on a message board go right now, and that's perfectly ok with me. I think you guys are on a witch hunt because you're not happy with results. I understand the impulse. I just disagree with your assessment.

Thoughtful and very sensible post............that's why I like you Idgit, even though we go back and forth on here and you and me have a lot of disagreements (especially about Garrett), you atleast give a well thought out and respectful answer and don't just reply with a sarcastic comment like many do on here.

Time for Beast to go work on the "honey do list"...................you guys know what that means....................Beast out.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
we cant beat the NO Saints, or the TB bucs.....

we are 2-and 7. Thats reality, Its over.

Predicting we run the table for the rest of the season? May as well go ahead and predict making it to the Super Bowl while youre at it....... Its not based in anything that is related to reality; Its blind faith. blind love.

Youre mind just cant comprehend or accept it.

We arent that good;

That was Without Romo...

we have Romo now- the difference will be HUGE:

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">;) <a href="https://t.co/KPy56DQMTz">pic.twitter.com/KPy56DQMTz</a></p>&mdash; Tony Romo (@tonyromo) <a href="">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
You do realize that Romo is going to take a few games to get back to speed, right? We aren't Fairweather fans. We are realistic fans who actually know the game....

Let's see who knows football better... "realistic" is another euphemism for pessimism... enjoy your reality. I will enjoy my reality (which you are likely to jump on the bandwagon of - after we string a couple wins together) ;-)

Tony agrees with me:
<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">;) <a href="https://t.co/KPy56DQMTz">pic.twitter.com/KPy56DQMTz</a></p>&mdash; Tony Romo (@tonyromo) <a href="">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

foofighters

Reaction score
Let's see who knows football better... "realistic" is another euphemism for pessimism... enjoy your reality. I will enjoy my reality (which you are likely to jump on the bandwagon of - after we string a couple wins together) ;-)

Tony agrees with me:

I am far from a pessimist. Homers get all mad at that and call realists, pessimists. I used to be a homer but I have taken off my rose colored glasses.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I am far from a pessimist. Homers get all mad at that and call realists, pessimists. I used to be a homer but I have taken off my rose colored glasses.

I guarantee you and MANY others will jump back on the bandwagon after we beat Miami and Carolina...

foofighters

Reaction score
I guarantee you and MANY others will jump back on the bandwagon after we beat Miami and Carolina...

I am already on the bandwagon. I bleed silver and blue. Always will but will still question the direction of this team. I won't just blindly accept whatever Jerry and Co do. I have been a fan for a lot longer than Jerry's been around...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
be back on board with the team, and it will make the Carolina game exciting.
Dallas 4-6 playing what may be a undefeated team in Dallas.
At that point Dallas needs to beat them too, to make a statement.

Now this is all contingent with winning in TB and Miami, but Dallas is I think better on the road,
and of course Tony may be back for Miami game.

So This next game in Tampa is huge, and I think Matt knows this is his last start, so he will want to win,
and I think they all now just want to win one, and TB is not a gimme or easy win, but doable.

With our coaches I dont have a lot of confidence, but i think the players may take it upon themselves
to win this one.

I predicted a loss the last 2 games, but I am now predicting a win for the cowboys, one that could be
the start of a win streak.
3-6
4-6
5-6 at this point things would be looking different ?

what if we never left the team?

call out threads are such a waste of time.