If Deshaun Watson gets less than a year, Zeke should sue the NFL

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry Jones sued the NFL.
Goodell went court shopping to find a sympathetic judge to rule in the leagues favor and then turned around and fined Jerry for having the audacity to sue the league.

However, in this case, essentially round 2, there would be a clear case of unfair treatment and it would prove Jerry's and Zeke's point from that year. As such, I think they should try again. Fartwell hates us anyway. Might as well go back after him and sue for lost wages at a minimum.

Hardline

Reaction score
However, in this case, essentially round 2, there would be a clear case of unfair treatment and it would prove Jerry's and Zeke's point from that year. As such, I think they should try again. Fartwell hates us anyway. Might as well go back after him and sue for lost wages at a minimum.
The lawsuit would be dismissed or it would rule in Goodells favor.
You also got to remember in the commissioners last contract the owners basically gave him dictatorship power.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The lawsuit would be dismissed or it would rule in Goodells favor.
You also got to remember in the commissioners last contract the owners basically gave him dictatorship power.

However, on the ground of a loss of income, Zeke is would have a good argument. Watson, assuming he gets 4 games, would lose 4 game checks, despite having 24+ accusers, and he had to settle. Zeke didn't as there was no criminal activity found and was deemed not guilty by the NFL's investigator, yet still lost 6 game checks. This would show an imbalance and that Zeke should not have lost that salary. On that front, I think Zeke could win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter what happens in the Watson case Zeke should sue the NFL.

giphy.gif

GINeric

Reaction score
By suspending Zeke, Goodell just opened the door for every gold-digging, money hungry slut to extort players out of money or fake being beat up to get them suspended and in trouble with their ball clubs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
By suspending Zeke, Goodell just opened the door for every gold-digging, money hungry ***** to extort players out of money or fake being beat up to get them suspended and in trouble with their ball clubs.

Exactly, which is all the more reason that Zeke should sue the NFL, especially if Watson gets 4-6 like it sounds like might be possible.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.
Seems like Cowboys always get the worst of the suspensions.
Zeke's was certainly over the top.
Be interested to see what happens with Joseph.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

It makes you think, yes, lad?
Retribution. Litigation. Labor Relations, the Court of Public Continuous. I am. I dunno, furry one, miffed at what the NFL has become. It isn't the game of Hill, Garrison, Dorsett and Aikman anymore, chaps.
It is ugly out there. All I can do is hope the D bails us out in 2022.
If it does not, troublemaker, it will be another failed season with no hurrahs or mirth in the air.
I have said too much.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
By suspending Zeke, Goodell just opened the door for every gold-digging, money hungry slut to extort players out of money or fake being beat up to get them suspended and in trouble with their ball clubs.

A truly dystopian world, lad!
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbV7Olca0Zt5RT55eFFjlfevNQfoO1g6LzNg&usqp=CAU

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

20 lashes and 2 years suspension at least!!
*** do you care what happens in the AFC North really now???
Trust me we have enough issues with our team to keep you preoccupied plenty!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke was accused of domestic violence. He was punished 6 games by rule. Watson is not being accused of DV. Zeke can't use Watson in his defense. And the commissioner can come to his own conclusions as a result of the investigation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The rules have changed since Zeke and Brady got suspended. Neither player would get suspended under the new rules. See Cook who had that mess with his ex with the Vikings last season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
20 lashes and 2 years suspension at least!!
*** do you care what happens in the AFC North really now???
Trust me we have enough issues with our team to keep you preoccupied plenty!!

Not really other than the fact that Deshaun Watson should get at least a year, and it'd show just how badly Zeke got screwed if he gets less than a year.