If Deshaun Watson gets less than a year, Zeke should sue the NFL

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus ...... People need to let this go ...... Nothing good can come from Jerry suing the other owners ...... He will just get punished again.

Goodell is just a puppet ..... The other owners are the ones who suspended Zeke because of the way Jerry was acting behind the scenes.

Internal politics of the NFL Mafia.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jeebus ...... People need to let this go ...... Nothing good can come from Jerry suing the other owners ...... He will just get punished again.

Goodell is just a puppet ..... The other owners are the ones who suspended Zeke because of the way Jerry was acting behind the scenes.

Internal politics of the NFL Mafia.

Which is why it sucks for our team. It isn't just Jerry that's impeding us from a SB. It's also NFL internal stuff. Also, as far as "punished again" goes, we've already been getting punished, and we've been screwed a bunch before that. What worse can they possibly do? Shut us down? They'd lose so much revenue if they did.that, and the last thing the league wants to do is drive us Cowboys fans away from the sport. They can hate us all they want, but driving us away would kill the sport.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It isn't just Jerry that's impeding us from a SB.
Yes it is, he wanted to be part of the NFL Mafia, yet he resents having to do what the collective says. His ego will not allow him to play nice with his fellow crooks because he wants to be in charge. So he tried to make an alpha move on their collective puppet and they slapped him down. Some of those families have been doing this for generations and do not allow upstarts to mess with the status quo.

Look at what happened to Jacksonville Jaguars and Shahid Khan .....he got mouthy and they slapped him down ...... You think all that stuff coming out about their coach was a coincidence?

fivetwos

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.
At the time, Goodell was taking heat for being lenient toward Ray Rice, so he didn't back off on Elliott.

It really cost us that season. I truly believe that team could have been one of the better Jerry orchestrated squads.....eliminated a mere three playoff wins shy of a title.....but Roger had an agenda.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The Elliott suspension has been served. It's over. Watson should probably never play in the NFL again but he will. The two infractions have little in common.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At the time, Goodell was taking heat for being lenient toward Ray Rice, so he didn't back off on Elliott.

It really cost us that season. I truly believe that team could have been one of the better Jerry orchestrated squads.....eliminated a mere three playoff wins shy of a title.....but Roger had an agenda.

I agree, and we had an incredible team assembled. I think we'd have won the SB if not for the suspension.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes it is, he wanted to be part of the NFL Mafia, yet he resents having to do what the collective says. His ego will not allow him to play nice with his fellow crooks because he wants to be in charge. So he tried to make an alpha move on their collective puppet and they slapped him down. Some of those families have been doing this for generations and do not allow upstarts to mess with the status quo.

Look at what happened to Jacksonville Jaguars and Shahid Khan .....he got mouthy and they slapped him down ...... You think all that stuff coming out about their coach was a coincidence?

Well, yes, but he's also brought more money to the NFL than any of the other owners excluding maybe Kraft. There is something to be said about that. Like I said also, the NFL can only go so far before they start losing us. I don't think they want to go there.

GINeric

Reaction score

The sad thing about it is, Rice actually hit that woman. Zeke never laid a hand on the money hungry hooker that tried to extort him.

kskboys

Reaction score

Spot on.

glimmerman

Reaction score
After 2016 goodell needed to slow us down. We were going to shoot ourselves in the foot anyways goodell should know that by know but, he held it over the teams head and Elliot’s head. Did his investigation which was a sham. The lady from the NFL interviewed the girl and she changed her story yet again. The proof was never there and she was a liar. Had texts from her friends saying what she was going to do. Still suspended him. Its done and over. But to see him let watson off the hook would just prove that goodell is just after JJ.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
After 2016 goodell needed to slow us down. We were going to shoot ourselves in the foot anyways goodell should know that by know but, he held it over the teams head and Elliot’s head. Did his investigation which was a sham. The lady from the NFL interviewed the girl and she changed her story yet again. The proof was never there and she was a liar. Had texts from her friends saying what she was going to do. Still suspended him. Its done and over. But to see him let watson off the hook would just prove that goodell is just after JJ.

Pretty much, which is why I think Goodell might do that as an extra middle finger to Jerry.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Pretty much, which is why I think Goodell might do that as an extra middle finger to Jerry.
Nothing would surprise me. Wait till the TV money hits and our salary cap goes up 20+ million per team. Will be around the time some big contracts come off. We will have plenty of money and most talented players want to play for The Country Club Cowboys. We could be stacked at talent so goodell will need to step in and do something. Him and mara are planning as we speak..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/...pension-lawsuit-rumor-cleveland-browns-sexual

Former Texans and current Browns QB Deshaun Watson is threatening to sue the NFL if he gets a minimum of a one year suspension. In my view, if he gets less than a year suspension, Zeke should sue the NFL. There was no settlement necessary for Zeke in his case, and the NFL's investigator stated that the accuser wasn't credible. In my view, this stinks, and, if Watson gets his way, it just goes to show how badly Zeke got screwed in 2017. As such, we would have been screwed out of the 2017 season.
The problem for the average fan like us is we don’t know what the investigation details on Watson shows. Just because a guy wasn’t “charged” with a crime doesn’t mean it wasn’t committed. When we don’t have the details, we don’t have the whole picture.

Usually district attorneys have to make decisions whether or not to file charges on someone based on whether or not they think they can get a conviction. Believing someone committed the crime vs believing you have enough evidence to prove it are not always the same thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree, and we had an incredible team assembled. I think we'd have won the SB if not for the suspension.

LOL.

Likely not. The biggest hinderance to the Cowboys winning a SB in that stretch was the boob of a head coach. We likely would have been bounced early in the playoffs that year if we had made it at all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOL.

Likely not. The biggest hinderance to the Cowboys winning a SB in that stretch was the boob of a head coach. We likely would have been bounced early in the playoffs that year if we had made it at all.

Good point, we had Garrett at the time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL.

JG and the ST coach. We had Smith get injured and chaz got Dak killed. JG wouldn’t give any help. He got killed against the falcons and then again against the egirls the next week.