If Dez Was Released Soley Over Money, Why Are Players Scared To Talk?

Cmac

Reaction score
....the history states.....if you have displayed passion, show emotion, speak out,.......you might be out of there. If you question the play calling (The School for the Blind has questioned).....you might be out of there. If you watch baffled time management and new coaches out-scheme the current facsimile of ours.....you might be out of there. If you dislike the signs of inconsistency......you might be out of there. If you like a team unmotivated at the start of games and lack of adjustments after halftime.....you can hang in there. If you like 3rd down passes that are 1 yard short of the 1st down chain....you can hang in there. If you like the ball out of Zeke's hands on short yardage and red zone......We good.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Oh I believe theres a team being built that will win. You and many dont.
Your question reminds me of the old "when did you stop beating your wife"

How many years does this process take? JG has had ample time to prove his worth and he has, he's worth nothing.

rags747

Reaction score
And Beasley should keep his mouth shut if he is smart, what employee is allowed to ***** and moan about their employer in a public forum? These players need to smarten up!

hutch1254

Reaction score
Beasly sure doesn't seem to think "it was all business"...........he seemed genuinely scared to post on Twitter last night.

Very strange.

I like to think of it as a subtle reminder that the organization is the one who runs the shows, not the players who are employees of the organization. I don't go blasting my employer online and when I do have issues those are discussed face to face, not through some internet app.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I like to think of it as a subtle reminder that the organization is the one who runs the shows, not the players who are employees of the organization. I don't go blasting my employer online and when I do have issues those are discussed face to face, not through some internet app.

He is not an employee anymore, and he did meet with them face to face.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It will be a ******* nightmare, especially with Twill .

What a joke.

Dak is already bad, but now you put average-poor WR's around him

Dak isn't "bad", he was terrible for half the season but let's not pretend he didn't start the year strong.

I have zero confidence in the coaching staff, so I have no idea how to evaluate these guys.

Even Zeke looked pretty pedestrian for most of the year. There isn't a single player that had a strong 2017 other than Lawrence and Irving (when he was healthy).

hutch1254

Reaction score
He is not an employee anymore, and he did meet with them face to face.

I'm sorry, I should have been more detailed. Yes Dez met with them. I was talking about players/employees like Beasley who seemed to have the urge to talk about this via social media.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has it occurred to anyone here that just MAYBE..they are afraid of talkin because the HC that many of us rail against might have some real control? I don't think we are giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. He may have much more power than we all think. Must consider that.
Lol! That's funny stuff. Garret can't even tell Linehan to run it on 3rd and 1. He sure as he'll won't tell Jerry who to cut.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Beasly sure doesn't seem to think "it was all business"...........he seemed genuinely scared to post on Twitter last night.

Very strange.
If he is scared, why is he posting anything at all? Perhaps now there will be more pressure on Beasley to perform better without big #88 to hide behind and that would scare a dude who didn't even want to play football early in his career and maybe now just likes getting paid.

khiladi

Reaction score
Good point...................Garrett might have vastly more power than most fans realize and if you publicly criticize him, its not good for your career.

People just don’t get it. The whole Garrett family is in this organization in key positions.

Garrett had full control over this offense until Jerry had to make changes on top. Even then he still ultimately preferred Garrett over Callahan who rebuilt the line and RUnning game and even Romo himself.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett apologists just don’t get it.

The accusations are Garrett LEAKS information to media anonymously, when players bring things up BEHIND closed doors.

It’s not the other way around. But the continued to live in their delusions, like when they used to say, Garrett wants to run the ball, but Romo kept checking out of run plays.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Beasly is on Twitter saying that he cant say what he wants to or else "I might be next".

Now if Dez was released soley because of his contract, why would Beasly have anything to worry about? Why would Beasly need to be very restricted in what he says if he didn't believe Dez questioning the offense had a role in his release?

Beasly, and I suspect some other players, clearly do think Dez was released for questioning the team and that is why they are scared to say anything on social media for fearing reprisal from the organization.

Dez said money never came to talk between him and JJ. Where do you get this info from that money was an issue ?

khiladi

Reaction score
If he is scared, why is he posting anything at all? Perhaps now there will be more pressure on Beasley to perform better without big #88 to hide behind and that would scare a dude who didn't even want to play football early in his career and maybe now just likes getting paid.

Sorry, that’s wrong.. Linehan himself said they were playing Beasley different, the problem is Dak can’t see the field and is horrible going outside the hashes.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article188675399.html