If Dez Was Released Soley Over Money, Why Are Players Scared To Talk?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And? Right after that he redeemed himself.

Every great WR drops balls, not every QB except bums throw record pick 6 returned for TDs and set records in futility such as not throwing a single TD for ten plus quarters straight...
Record in pick 6's?

jrumann59

Reaction score
So you're arguing that NFL GMs are all brilliant and don't make obvious stupid moves that go consistently against accumulated wisdom?

What world do you live in?
I think he saying its better to be safe than good...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Jimmy would have cut Troy, or Emmitt, or Michael for helping a guy off the turf. It is widely known that he had one rule for his superstars and another for down roster players. Name one star he cut for any of those "transgressions".

We will never know given those guys didn't publically criticize Jimmy, but you are right that Jimmy had a different standard for stars, and a star could get away with more. But there are two factors that are different with Dez. One is that Jimmy's stars helped carry him to the championship. I don't say that to suggest it's Dez's fault the Cowboys haven't won the championship, I just say it to suggest that when a team is winning it is easier to be tolerant. The other is that there is a salary cap now, and tough financial decisions have to be made. If considering whether to cut a player in a salary cap move, the needle could be moved based on how the player is perceived by the coaches and management.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If anyone has listened to Stephen Jones the past few weeks Dez wasn’t released solely because of his contract. If money was the only issue the Cowboys would have asked him to take a pay cut. Stephen talked about Dez’s emotions on the sidelines and that it can be a distraction. He talked about the lack of on the field chemistry between Dez and Dak. Stephen also talked about Dez’s production not living up to his contract. There were several issues that led to Dez’s release.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Beasly sure doesn't seem to think "it was all business"...........he seemed genuinely scared to post on Twitter last night.

Very strange.
Scared......how about smart. If I owned a company and an employee was mouthing about the way I ran my business, I would can his butt in a second. It is no different in this situation. Beasley needs to keep his mouth shut, get over it and play ball. Walk the walk and silence the talk until you are out of the game.

waving monkey

Reaction score
So you're arguing that NFL GMs are all brilliant and don't make obvious stupid moves that go consistently against accumulated wisdom?

What world do you live in?

If we want to argue the point exaggerating isnt moving the ball forward.
I will say that every GM has loads more insight and experience in the NFL then you do
or others here on the zone.By all accounts Barkley will go top 6 in this draft. But Oh, you just dont draft a RB in the first round.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I will say that every GM has loads more insight and experience in the NFL then you do
or others here on the zone.By all accounts Barkley will go top 6 in this draft. But Oh, you just dont draft a RB in the first round.
We did and got a kinda good un

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yes agreed. It's stupid to draft a rb that high.