If Fans Ran This Team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2397395 said:
Why? It would be just as bizarre and wrong-headed as starting a pro-Jerry thread. In a sane world, neither thread should exist. That's the point.
I read that and all I saw was "wah!"

Oh, and I am not defending anyone as much as I am laughing at the fans. ACL injuries everywhere due to the knee jerking.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hostile;2397218 said:
I think the sheer loss of time of possession with Romo gone wears our D out and we can't stop them.

Romo is a huge difference maker.
The rest of the team (besides Romo) isn't nearly as bad as it seems right now.

And not nearly as good as we give them credit for when Romo's playing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2397264 said:
Might wanna try watching some Dolphin games instead of using a flawed and unofficial statistic like tackles (and a pretty meaningless one for the job of a run clogger). Fergie has been dominant for Miami as a run clogger. Miami is tied 5th lowest rushing opponent ypc in the NFL. That's an improvement over 29th last year, with the "great" Dom Capers.

Their run D held Denver, as a team, to 14 yards rushing for the entire game yesterday. When is the last time a Shannahan team has been unable to run the ball to that degree? I'm guessing never. In the meantime, we just allowed our third 100 yard rusher in four games and are currently sitting 19th in the NFL at opponment ypc.

FWIW, when Fergie started 16 games for us in 2006, we tied for 7th best ypc in the NFL.

you beat me to it

Miami is allowing 3.5 ypc on 25.1 attempts, while we're allowing 4.2 on 25.7 attempts per game

Hostile was me 3/4 months ago, but I've quit trying to rationalize the trade of Ferguson, it was a bad move, too bad it had to take our D playing badly for me to see it

Ratliff and the D is best-served playing DE, where he can split gaps, instead of taking on double-teams all game, and getting no help from Tank Johnson

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;2396406 said:
Jason Ferguson has 8 tackles this year. Eight! How would that have fixed all of the issues in Dallas? Ferguson averaged 3.37 tackles per game prior to this season. Right now he is averaging 1 tackle per game and hasn't had a tackle in the last 3 games.

Jerry has proven he will pay guys or over pay guys to be in Dallas. Ferguson is not worth over paying to be the starting NT in Dallas, so there was no way he was going to get paid to be a back up. He was destined to be released. That Jerry could actually work out a trade to get something in return for Ferguson was a good thing.

Yet their run defense is 7th in the NFL in terms of yards/attempt at around 3.5. Last year they ranked 30th. He's their starting nose tackle. Gee, he couldn't have anything to do with their run defense, could he? It couldn't be that he's consistently holding the double team and keeping linebackers clean to make tackles at or near the point of attack...NO WAY!!! (dripping sarcasm)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2398643 said:
Yet their run defense is 7th in the NFL in terms of yards/attempt at around 3.5. Last year they ranked 30th. He's their starting nose tackle. Gee, he couldn't have anything to do with their run defense, could he? It couldn't be that he's consistently holding the double team and keeping linebackers clean to make tackles at or near the point of attack...NO WAY!!! (dripping sarcasm)

:lmao2: I'm all about stats, but some of these people, man...

look beyond them!

MrMom

Reaction score
joseephuss;2396634 said:
Ferguson has 8 tackles in 8 games as the starter. Tank has 11 tackles in 9 games as a back up. Who has better numbers?

I don't think Tank is great. I just don't think keeping Ferguson was a great idea with his contract. If he wanted to re-sign in Dallas for a lower salary that would have been fine with me. That was not going to happen, so for Dallas to get anything in return was a good thing as opposed to cutting him.

And the only reason Tank was signed in the first place was because Ferguson got hurt in the 1st game last year. It was not a get rid of Ferguson in order to sign Tank deal. Tank signed a 1 1/2 year contact last year. He is serving that final 1 year portion of the deal right now. He may not be here next year.

:laugh2:

Wow, okay. You take Tank Johnson on your team, and I'll stick with Jason Ferguson.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hostile;2395152 said:
Our current GM has us $6.27 under the cap, has this roster stocked with young talent that is respected around the NFL, and has built this organization back from the dead. There are teams that would kill to have our GM.

I agree Jerry has got us some serious talent. He needs to Hire a coach though and let that coach choose the rest of his staff. No one on this current coaching staff overly impress' me.

When Parcells was here only Sparano and Payton seemed overly impressive. Zimmer had his year but couldn't create pressure worth a lick scheme wise, nor did he have the DE's to do it.

Basically I like our players, we could shuffle/cut and not resign a hand full on the defensive side and the offensive side is exceptional, however there is always room for improvement. Our coaching staff could have a fire sale and I wouldn't winch one bit. I don't see any leaders in the coaching ranks.

I don't want to hear anything backing up Garrett, Sparano had this offense clicking before with less talent and an unexperienced Romo. Not sure why you chose running plays that get Barber running east/west and when Felix was healthy how this guy went a game without a touch an no game over 9.

He doesn't make the obvious necessary adjustments, he just runs an obvious scheme now. It's a sin not to motion T.O.

If it was up to this fan the GM would hire Steve Spagnuolo and at least look at Jim Schwartz. Give either the power to hire/fire their own staff that fits their own system. GM Jerry stillwork on getting us player personnel with our scoutting department but when this coach don't want someone don't overstep the coach.

GM Jerry can leave the locker room to the coach. That's what this fan thinks.