If Fans Ran This Team

joseephuss

Reaction score
theebs;2396542 said:
He has better numbers than tank and he has been injured for two games now I believe. He has a rib or side strain I think. The minute he went out of the game two weeks ago the run defense went to hell in miami.

Actually I have gotten to the point that I dont care. People just have their ways of thinking and will not change.

So if anyone thinks signing tank and trading ferguson was a good idea....good for them.....signing pacman and messing with the locker room, good for them.............

Yay everybody. We are back to mediocrity no matter which way you look at it and it wont be changing anytime soon. Now players will avoid Dallas and I am sure there are some who want out because they see what is happening.

Ferguson has 8 tackles in 8 games as the starter. Tank has 11 tackles in 9 games as a back up. Who has better numbers?

I don't think Tank is great. I just don't think keeping Ferguson was a great idea with his contract. If he wanted to re-sign in Dallas for a lower salary that would have been fine with me. That was not going to happen, so for Dallas to get anything in return was a good thing as opposed to cutting him.

And the only reason Tank was signed in the first place was because Ferguson got hurt in the 1st game last year. It was not a get rid of Ferguson in order to sign Tank deal. Tank signed a 1 1/2 year contact last year. He is serving that final 1 year portion of the deal right now. He may not be here next year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
joseephuss;2396634 said:
Ferguson has 8 tackles in 8 games as the starter. Tank has 11 tackles in 9 games as a back up. Who has better numbers?

I don't think Tank is great. I just don't think keeping Ferguson was a great idea with his contract. If he wanted to re-sign in Dallas for a lower salary that would have been fine with me. That was not going to happen, so for Dallas to get anything in return was a good thing as opposed to cutting him.

And the only reason Tank was signed in the first place was because Ferguson got hurt in the 1st game last year. It was not a get rid of Ferguson in order to sign Tank deal. Tank signed a 1 1/2 year contact last year. He is serving that final 1 year portion of the deal right now. He may not be here next year.

Ferguson has been injured. He hasnt played in all those games. He sat out the final 3 qtrs two or three weeks ago and has been banged up.

And stats dont measure what he does. He is a run stopper, a real one. He could have 1 tackle for all I care. He does his job.

joseephuss

Reaction score
theebs;2396653 said:
Ferguson has been injured. He hasnt played in all those games. He sat out the final 3 qtrs two or three weeks ago and has been banged up.

And stats dont measure what he does. He is a run stopper, a real one. He could have 1 tackle for all I care. He does his job.

If he is not on the field then he is not doing his job.

He could do his job, but not for the contract that he was set to be paid had he stayed in Dallas. It is just not reasonable to pay a back up NT the amount he was set to make.

Frankly, I always thought his run stopping presence was over stated. That doesn't mean that Tank is anything special. I had said a few times that I didn't think Tank was a special player. I did hope he would do better this year than last and he hasn't. Of course I don't view it as a Tank vs. Ferguson issue. I view it as a Tank's contract vs. Ferguson's contract issue and Tank's contract is better.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In 2007, we ranked 6th against the run.

Thru the first 6 games (all started by Romo) of 2008, we ranked 7th.

Since then, we've fallen to 17th.

Our best run-stopper is Tony Romo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2396063 said:
talk about "Madden-like".

you bring in a thug with no thought as to how it effects the rest of the team because - in a madden-like move - "we got the guy for free".

jerry can't seem to connect one football idea to the next and it seems most of his fans have a similar disconnect

every team has $$$$ if the owner is willing to part with it.. doesn't make the GM special or even competent.
I would just like to point out that people have been saying for 2 years that we needed some thugs to give this team some attitude because the choir boys weren't getting it done.

Make up your mind.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396382 said:
LMAO I was a Cowboy fan many years before the idiot, Ill be a fan when the worms are eating his carcass.
wrong, Jerry's like Al Davis, he's going to out live us all.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99;2395137 said:
Well, if this fan ran the team, the only change I'd make is firing the current GM.

:)

Good point....but we would still need 27 & 3/4 brain and heart transplants left to get done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;2396634 said:

:laugh2:

Thanks Joseephus. I didn't even bother to look up his numbers because I think it is naive to think he was going to be here under any circumstance.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward;2397025 said:
In 2007, we ranked 6th against the run.

Thru the first 6 games (all started by Romo) of 2008, we ranked 7th.

Since then, we've fallen to 17th.

Our best run-stopper is Tony Romo.
I think the sheer loss of time of possession with Romo gone wears our D out and we can't stop them.

Romo is a huge difference maker.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
joseephuss;2395142 said:
You are so wrong.

There were fans that wanted to get rid of Ware his rookie year because he was not Merriman.

There were fans that wanted to get rid of Barber his rookie year because he had fumbling problems during the pre-season.

true, I remember those Ware/Merriman debates.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score

Might wanna try watching some Dolphin games instead of using a flawed and unofficial statistic like tackles (and a pretty meaningless one for the job of a run clogger). Fergie has been dominant for Miami as a run clogger. Miami is tied 5th lowest rushing opponent ypc in the NFL. That's an improvement over 29th last year, with the "great" Dom Capers.

Their run D held Denver, as a team, to 14 yards rushing for the entire game yesterday. When is the last time a Shannahan team has been unable to run the ball to that degree? I'm guessing never. In the meantime, we just allowed our third 100 yard rusher in four games and are currently sitting 19th in the NFL at opponment ypc.

FWIW, when Fergie started 16 games for us in 2006, we tied for 7th best ypc in the NFL.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Hostile;2395152 said:
Our current GM has us $6.27 under the cap, has this roster stocked with young talent that is respected around the NFL, and has built this organization back from the dead. There are teams that would kill to have our GM.

Screw that. Your "wonderful" GM is what buried this franchise to begin with and kept it down for over a decade.

I don't think anyone gives a flying flip about the talent on this team at this point, and last I checked this team is on the edge and looking at the death of their season.

There are teams that would kill to have our owner, the same teams would kill our GM.

I agree with most of your stuff but praising Jerry is just absurd. He tore this team down and is about to do it again just without the trophies this time.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2397066 said:
I would just like to point out that people have been saying for 2 years that we needed some thugs to give this team some attitude because the choir boys weren't getting it done.

Make up your mind.
you're missing the point... we don't need "thugs" we need LEADERS. if they happen to be thugs that is something to weigh

question: when and where was pacman a "leader"?

answer: never was and never will be

come on.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
If Fans ran this team we couldn't do much worse than the fat joke of a head coach is already doing.

Rackat

Reaction score
I know enough to know that I could not run this team. I couldn't coach it, GM it, heck I couldn't even advertise for it. I am not now, nor will I ever be in a position to run this or any other franchise. But I do know this:

Something's rotten in Valley Ranch.

Every line of reasoning leads back to the same person: Jerry Jones

Who hires the staff from Coaches, to scouts, to front office peronnel? Jerry Jones
Who pays the players? Jerry Jones
Who has the final say in all things that lead up to what we see on the field? Jerry Jones

Now, I like Jerry the Owner. He wants to win. He just doesn't know when to step back and let the employees he hired do their jobs. As a manager, his main responsibility to is to hire the people that will make this organization run on the field like it does in marketing. My boss gives me directives, but it is up to me to achieve those directives. I could not do my job to the best of my ability with a boss like Jerry. If he felt he had hired the best people for the job, why does he feel he needs to be on the sidelines 'coaching'?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2397325 said:
If Fans ran this team we couldn't do much worse than the fat joke of a head coach is already doing.

True. I was wondering why we haven't seen a "If fans coached this team" thread. Funny how Jerry is the one who is granted special protection/consideration.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;2397319 said:
Screw that. Your "wonderful" GM is what buried this franchise to begin with and kept it down for over a decade.

I don't think anyone gives a flying flip about the talent on this team at this point, and last I checked this team is on the edge and looking at the death of their season.

There are teams that would kill to have our owner, the same teams would kill our GM.

I agree with most of your stuff but praising Jerry is just absurd. He tore this team down and is about to do it again just without the trophies this time.
I simply don't agree with you about our GM. You have every right to feel as you do, I just see it differently.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2397350 said:
True. I was wondering why we haven't seen a "If fans coached this team" thread. Funny how Jerry is the one who is granted special protection/consideration.
Start one. Are your hands broken or is your ability to post a cognizant thought impaired?

No one is stopping you, except you.

Oh, and for the record, my original intent was GM and HC as the focus.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Hostile;2397375 said:
I simply don't agree with you about our GM. You have every right to feel as you do, I just see it differently.

Thats cool, I respect that.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2397379 said:
Start one. Are your hands broken or is your ability to post a cognizant thought impaired?

No one is stopping you, except you.

Oh, and for the record, my original intent was GM and HC as the focus.

Why? It would be just as bizarre and wrong-headed as starting a pro-Jerry thread. In a sane world, neither thread should exist. That's the point.