If Gallup signs with another team for 16m what is our comp pick?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
21 7th rounders and 9 6th rounders and maybe a 5th
giphy.gif

waving monkey

Reaction score
so we can get a third for having his services in 2021
or we trade his services for 21 to get a 1st or 2nd.
my take is that it appears to me that recently the wr drafts have been phenominal and the trade value might/could be coming down.

Do we honestly feel like we're going to the tournament this year if so you keep him for 21

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Still trying to understand why everyone here wants to trade Gallup or thinks we can't afford to keep him. If anybody is the odd guy out it is Cooper. He has real trade value and it's likely that Gallup stays number two and Lamb moves up to number one.

That's my take anyway.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We should check his QBR with Dak and see if we want to lose him. He may have a perfect rating in 10 passes with 2TDs somewhere in the records we're missing as long as we can throw out stats we don't like.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will never get $16M/year but as mentioned it involves other variables such as any free agent signings Dallas makes to offset their losses.
You’re right, he will never sign for $16 mil. Because unless he gets injured or has a bad yr he will probably command $18-20 mil. Look at what the midgets gave the FA WR Kenny Galladay- 4 yrs $78 mil. His stats are not much higher than Gallup’s. If Michael Gallup has the kind of yr he’s capable, $16 mil a yr will be a bargain.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do not trade away talent in fear of losing him to FA especially if you will get a comp pick.
You keep talent to stay more competitive, especially if injuries as last season.
You never know what may happen. And you may need him.

I still do not understand fans think of trading him. Unless it is a 1st round pick or more, you do not trade away talent.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It used to be that it was hard to find a top wide receiver in the draft, which is why we made the inane trades for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.
Now, they're a dime a dozen.
Gallup will gallop out of Dallas, and we'll find his replacement fairly quickly.
As for how much we will get for him, I'd say a 4th if we let him go and a team signs him.
Use him this season, then take a 3rd comp.
I would not trade him for anything less than a second rounder

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he will fall between the $10-$12M/year range at most as it is evident he is not a genuine #1 WR but one that has enough skill to take advantage of defenses rolling over towards Cooper or Zeke in terms of game planning.

He will get more

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So we're not trying to win a Superbowl? I don't understand the logic of trading away your number two starting outside receiver because he's entering his last year of his contract, how does taking away a weapon help the offense??

Can’t keep everyone. We’re not winning it this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you feel that way then yes you should trade him. But the Cowboys don't. And as of right now there is only ONE strength they have without ta doubt and its the passing game. You trade Gallup and all of a sudden you go from a strength to middle of the pack.

Jerry always thinks he has a contender. This team isn’t a contender by any stretch. I’m more concerned about the future. Cooper and lamb are plenty of fire power.