If Gallup signs with another team for 16m what is our comp pick?

stiletto

Reaction score
Gallup is like Harper/Laurant Robinson, he will get an insane offer from some loser team that the Cowboys can't come close to matching. Jerry and Co. are too dumb to lay down their hand and trade him early. They'll be satisfied with the Comp pick but it might've been better had they wheeled and dealed a little before. I think Spaulding tempers those kind of things for better or worse.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry always thinks he has a contender. This team isn’t a contender by any stretch. I’m more concerned about the future. Cooper and lamb are plenty of fire power.
With all due respect....its not about what you are concerned with lol. At the end of the day its June 2021....every team is a contender at this point in the year whether you like it or not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gallup is like Harper/Laurant Robinson, he will get an insane offer from some loser team that the Cowboys can't come close to matching. Jerry and Co. are too dumb to lay down their hand and trade him early. They'll be satisfied with the Comp pick but it might've been better had they wheeled and dealed a little before. I think Spaulding tempers those kind of things for better or worse.

So if they let him walk they get a 3rd round pick.....but you think that he's Alvin Harper and Laurent Robinson......but someone will give you a 3rd rounder or higher for him?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So if they let him walk they get a 3rd round pick.....but you think that he's Alvin Harper and Laurent Robinson......but someone will give you a 3rd rounder or higher for him?

Compensatory picks aren't taken from the team who signs him. They are awarded by the NFL so the signing team doesn't lose anything in the way of draft picks. The final pick in this years draft was pick 105.

Tendering a player results in the acquisition of the signing team's pick.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No arguments from this guy.

I, too, am struck by the good sentiments.
But losing Amari is a bad move, me bold mates of the plains. (Not that Corso the scribe advocates such)
Let us not lose good judgment, gridiron ruffians: Lose gallup? OK it happens. (we heathens get comp for Gallup)
So now the Boys feature 2 blue chip WRs plus a breakout Jarwin/Schultz steamroller, baby! is that a bad thing?
Quite right, then, good chaps.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No doubt Gallup would be a starter for another team. That said, Dallas is wise to not ship Gallup out too quickly. All it takes is one injury to Coop/Lamb for Gallup to go from a luxury trade chip to a vital component of Dallas’ offensive success.

They may want to wait until the last minute before pulling that trigger, if it’s something they’re considering at all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think he will fall between the $10-$12M/year range at most as it is evident he is not a genuine #1 WR but one that has enough skill to take advantage of defenses rolling over towards Cooper or Zeke in terms of game planning.

That is not how prices are determined. This is not central planning. He is going to be one of the best WR available in FA.

Kenny Galloday who has never had a 1000 yard season got $18m AAV this offseason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With all due respect....its not about what you are concerned with lol. At the end of the day its June 2021....every team is a contender at this point in the year whether you like it or not.

No doubt that EXACT mindset is why Jerry is a poor GM.

stiletto

Reaction score

I think someone MAY give us better than a 3rd rounder but doubt they take it for whatever reason because they know they'll get a 3rd rounder anyway and they'll just sit tight WITH Gallup for the season. That's what I am guessing. Even if they could get a 2nd, they'd rather keep him this year and let him walk and get a 3rd.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think someone MAY give us better than a 3rd rounder but doubt they take it for whatever reason because they know they'll get a 3rd rounder anyway and they'll just sit tight WITH Gallup for the season. That's what I am guessing. Even if they could get a 2nd, they'd rather keep him this year and let him walk and get a 3rd.
I think so as well and that's kind of my stance on it. I also don't think Gallup would warrant the compensation that many think he would being he's a contract year and the league is full of wide receivers.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Compensatory picks aren't taken from the team who signs him. They are awarded by the NFL so the signing team doesn't lose anything in the way of draft picks. The final pick in this years draft was pick 105.

Tendering a player results in the acquisition of the signing team's pick.
I never said that comp picks were taken away lol. Maybe there's some confusion here?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If we got a 2nd or high third I’d take it.
We just finished free agency and the draft, if a team wanted a receiver, they could have signed one and or drafted one, why would they now offer you a second round pick next year and then have to pay out a huge contract to acquire Gallop....You clearly didn't think this out!!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So we're not trying to win a Superbowl? I don't understand the logic of trading away your number two starting outside receiver because he's entering his last year of his contract, how does taking away a weapon help the offense??
The whole "trade Gallup for pick 60 instead of getting pick 100 as a comp" strategy is stupid massively stupid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We just finished free agency and the draft, if a team wanted a receiver, they could have signed one and or drafted one, why would they now offer you a second round pick next year and then have to pay out a huge contract to acquire Gallop....You clearly didn't think this out!!

I would have started months before the draft. Might be an opportunity to trade Gallup in the middle of the season or a possible injury in training camp. Put the feelers out there.