If I am GM, I fire McCarthy

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Many seem to forget what took place back when Wade tried to lay down the law and Jerry Jones pulled the rug out from under him.
Jerry's door is always open if a player wants to go over the head of the HC. No HC here has the final say when it comes to laying down the law to lazy or poor performing players. All they have to do is cry to Jerry and the HC loses the battle.

Praxit

Reaction score
Daily reminder the Cowboys kept Jaylon Smith on the roster for 5 years and gave him a mega-millions contract. Which they eventually had to eat.

After Smith was finally cut because he had sucked so bad for years, you had players like LVE running to his defense saying the fans just don't understand.

No? We don't understand? Ok. JS lasted only two games with the Green Bay Packers before being unceremoniously tossed off the bus. Then the Giants picked him up for their practice squad and used him as a COVID replacement.

Somebody seems to understand just fine.

But the whole situation sums up why the Cowboys can never get to an NFCCG and most likely never will. Bad decisions. Bad contracts. And a paternal culture boarding on obsessive compulsion.

It infects everybody connected to the franchise in every way. Especially the players.

So you say. What now?

Indeed.
..Jaylon was a regression case, unfortunately. When he received the deal, no one knew his best years we're behind him.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think some coaches teach their OL to hold if it's a full load coming in on the QB and take a chance on the flag. I get those penalties but when they're away from the action, that's just total unawareness.

Williams was overmatched a lot during the season and loses his leverage against stronger DL and with Prescott's questionable pocket awareness, a holding call is preferable to a turnover. Doesn't help that the player to his right is mediocre.
Totally agree about Williams. He holds so much because he's not good enough to block effectively without holding. He needs to go.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I seriously don't know how you go forward with this fat fraud. The players see through it now....just like the fans do.

Accountability.....I laugh when hearing him say that.

That word has zero meaning to him....

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not dislike him but I think heads should roll on a team that led the league in penalties and saved their worst day for the playoffs.

Sometimes, a firing is for effect and one is needed here.
Coach, I’ve evolved to this spot too.

The penalty-fest every week in Big D never seemed to be addressed. The worst was saved for the biggest game of their season and the team looked unprepared. And even though we have a completely unaccountable front office led by the 80 year old w/out a mirror, if we’re stuck with the Jones FO, at least make the HC accountable for that lazy slop fest we saw each week. Then hire a HC with some discipline. I could support that. Doubt it happens but…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It still amazes me how I was so severely shot down in this forum when I posted a thread days before the game that in the event of a loss to SF would McCarthy job be at risk.

There was several rumors or reports coming out after Jethro claimed his SB or Bust comments that MM job could be on the line.

I think my thread was even moved. The base of this forum just doesn’t respect those who provide such insight and instincts if it comes off negative,

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coach, I’ve evolved to this spot too.

The penalty-fest every week in Big D never seemed to be addressed. The worst was saved for the biggest game of their season and the team looked unprepared. And even though we have a completely unaccountable front office led by the 80 year old w/out a mirror, if we’re stuck with the Jones FO, at least make the HC accountable for that lazy slop fest we saw each week. Then hire a HC with some discipline. I could support that. Doubt it happens but…
He has a mirror. Lol
Iqrgf5w.jpg

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team is a poorly coached paper tiger. We feast on the NFC East and go 6-6 against everyone else (playoff included). We lead the league in penalties which is a direct reflection on coaching. I'm not sure how many more times the team has to come out of the locker room flat and making error after error before Jerry bites the bullet and hires a strong head coach. MM is a coordinator impersonating a HC. He is not a leader of men and seems to inspire nobody.

He needs to go.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I seriously don't know how you go forward with this fat fraud. The players see through it now....just like the fans do.

Accountability.....I laugh when hearing him say that.

That word has zero meaning to him....
You go forward because as we’ve seen this era that it really hadn’t mattered much who are HC is. The culture and discipline starts at the top. And our HC’s aren’t the top.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, who do you make HC if you fire MM. who’s going to want to come here after firing a HC in their second season who wins 12 games?

The only choice could be Moore. And why I’ve argued Jethro is waiting to see if he gets an offer elsewhere.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many seem to forget what took place back when Wade tried to lay down the law and Jerry Jones pulled the rug out from under him.
Jerry's door is always open if a player wants to go over the head of the HC. No HC here has the final say when it comes to laying down the law to lazy or poor performing players. All they have to do is cry to Jerry and the HC loses the battle.
What could possibly go wrong with this formula, lol?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This franchise isn’t going to attract quality HC or up and coming prospects. Unless of course their phone isn’t ringing.

No, Jethro doesn’t want to lose Moore. At least not as long as he has Prescott.

It’s why he basically stipulated retaining him when he hired McCarthy. This #1 offense despite its lethargic ending is Jethro’s selling card.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hunch is if Moore isn’t offered a HC position we don’t make a move on Mikey.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’d love for him to be fine just on the premise of his post game statements which makes it seem like he was a) bucking up and b) couldn’t coach Simple discipline or have players prepared for a big game. It’s almost like he wanted to say stupid stuff to test his limits with Jerry. At this point he’s lost the fans and probably players

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d love for him to be fine just on the premise of his post game statements which makes it seem like he was a) bucking up and b) couldn’t coach Simple discipline or have players prepared for a big game. It’s almost like he wanted to say stupid stuff to test his limits with Jerry. At this point he’s lost the fans and probably players
This is an interesting perspective. Perhaps Mikey would like to land somewhere else with all of the openings?

He can’t be pursued under contract.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you’re right on all counts but our owner doesn’t allow real accountability to be a part of this organization. If he did, changes would have already happened in the FO. Sadly, if there’s no accountability at the top of an organization, there is no accountability anywhere in that organization.

That’s the real problem that hiring a new head coach doesn’t solve…unless that HC is given the authority only Jimmy and Parcells had. I wish that would happen but I just don’t see it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think you’re right on all counts but our owner doesn’t allow real accountability to be a part of this organization. If he did, changes would have already happened in the FO. Sadly, if there’s no accountability at the top of an organization, there is no accountability anywhere in that organization.

That’s the real problem that hiring a new head coach doesn’t solve…unless that HC is given the authority only Jimmy and Parcells had. I wish that would happen but I just don’t see it.
I’m not sure how much Parcells had. Except with his own coaches. Jethro over ruled or went against Bills wishes or preferences several times and ultimately was probably reason Bill left early.

We have a toxic culture with our dysfunctional ownership which is probably too much for any HC to overcome.