If I am GM, I fire McCarthy

Flamma

Reaction score
One that fell short of the goal with 14 penalties.

Either the goal is regular season wins or playoff wins. My coaches would know that the regular season only exists to get to the playoffs. Winning in the playoffs is what matters and they would be incentivized accordingly.

When Landry had his 20 winning seasons in a row, that wasn't just him but his entire staff and his players. They all knew what was expected of them and making the playoffs was just understood.

I can only imagine what coaches like Landry, Johnson and Parcells would have been doing while watching their team commit 14 penalties in their first playoff game.

Whatever happened to commit a penalty and hit the bench? Bud Grant made the perp take the seat on the bench closest to him so he could send that icy stare their way. They seldom made another in the same game when he allowed them back in.

And where is the accountability from the players. That idiot Gregory is out there laughing after his second off sides? Who allows that to happen?

I can excuse an off sides by the defense more than I can a false start. But yeah, a lot of penalties is usually what you see from bad teams. Not 12-5 teams.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Mike needs to go but I add the caveat his replacement needs to be better. Is Lincoln Riley a legitimate option? Imagine nabbing the next college HC who will rise to success and prominence in the NFL before anyone else can.
He just left OU for USC.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM is a fraud who dazzled JJ with his analytical BS and Jerry stepped in it

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started another thread about the reason this season was as it was and that is justification for firing the HC. He has the nerve to say they're going to address the penalties this off season when it was obvious he didn't do it during this season, they saved their worst for the playoff game.

Then I assemble this team and tell them they cost their HC his job and I am going to tell his successor exactly that. His own team can be his worst enemy through laziness and stupidity.

Then I tell them on my weekly radio show (this is assuming I have a weekly radio show but how else are y'all going to know what I am up to and hate on me?) that perps will be outed for mistakes of the mental variety so you'd better hope your mistake doesn't hurt the team.

I won't go into all I would do as GM, especially the free tickets, concessions and merch to my fellow Zoneheads or I will get accused of pandering, but I would stress on these players they are my well-paid employees, they are not family or friends so I have no problem with acting as the employer.

This penalty problem isn't new but it has never been addressed in a head first direction either. A team that beats itself, needs new leadership beginning at the top. I do not know of another way to fix that, it's basics and fundamentals.
Hot Air...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I posted a thread last week if McCarthy’s job could be at risk with a loss in WC round. And I was laughed off the stage after going 12-5 and how much this team had improved. I provided much of the criticism and scenarios being provided since Sunday night.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You would not, you'd be lining up for free beer and tickets.

Seriously, I would keep such a low profile, you'd have a hard time even recognizing me to hate on me. Like most of the GM's do now that aren't attention addicts.
Yea, I’d challenge most fans to name 3 other GM’s in the league. Without looking it up. I can name 2.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I started another thread about the reason this season was as it was and that is justification for firing the HC. He has the nerve to say they're going to address the penalties this off season when it was obvious he didn't do it during this season, they saved their worst for the playoff game.

Then I assemble this team and tell them they cost their HC his job and I am going to tell his successor exactly that. His own team can be his worst enemy through laziness and stupidity.

Then I tell them on my weekly radio show (this is assuming I have a weekly radio show but how else are y'all going to know what I am up to and hate on me?) that perps will be outed for mistakes of the mental variety so you'd better hope your mistake doesn't hurt the team.

I won't go into all I would do as GM, especially the free tickets, concessions and merch to my fellow Zoneheads or I will get accused of pandering, but I would stress on these players they are my well-paid employees, they are not family or friends so I have no problem with acting as the employer.

This penalty problem isn't new but it has never been addressed in a head first direction either. A team that beats itself, needs new leadership beginning at the top. I do not know of another way to fix that, it's basics and fundamentals.
too early in his contract for him to get fired. money wise (which is what Jerry thinks about to justify things) he won't fire him until perhaps one year left on the contract......

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yea, I’d challenge most fans to name 3 other GM’s in the league. Without looking it up. I can name 2.

How many owners have weekly shows and are the media's point on that weeks starting lineup?.....its ridiculous man, what self respecting coach comes here for low pay and no credit or power....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How many owners have weekly shows and are the media's point on that weeks starting lineup?.....its ridiculous man, what self respecting coach comes here for low pay and no credit or power....
None. Unless their phone isn’t ringing.

But it’s been this way for how many years. Not sure why some fans seem surprised.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

If you're GM that means JJ is no longer with us and the last time I checked MM is still HC......................Ha-Haaaaaaaa

Mannix

Reaction score
Hire a Head Coach that wants to WIN....not just collect a paycheck.

Start there.

I feel a little bad for McCarthy because he was supposed to fix the Jerry culture problem. Vince Lombardi couldn't do that.

He sold out his NFL legacy for this paycheck but that's on him.

No one is handing him a microphone after the losing stench that's going to be on him when he leaves here.
I don't feel sorry for someone who 100% lied to get a job that effects a whole fan base and organization....Corky is worthless!!!