If I was GM, what I'd do with Parsons

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. 1 rule
Don't lose a generational player, a disruptor to offenses and one who still has 2-3 more good years before he wears out.
Well he is on his 4th year. We picked up his 5th and we can tag him for year six. So that covers 2 to 3 years. So no need to resign him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only if you think the current year has been played already. Math is hard.

Nevermind the 3 year prospect window.

I see your desperation to get me back in exact kind. It tells me my message was understood and internalized.
You must be like 15 years old w/ all this oneupmanship and all that fooforaw. And then assigning thoughts and feelings to people w/ no logical backing!!! You, my dear sir, live in a strange little world.

Sorry you're having so much trouble defining "years".

kskboys

Reaction score
Well.

Somehow he was the best run defending LB in college and now he isn’t.

What do you think happened?
Easy. He's playing on the LOS instead of at LB. LB's must slip blocks to make plays. Most get around them, which is what Micah did. At DE, however, he never gets the chance to slip blocks as the OL is in his face at the snap. So, he must rush upfield like his hair is on fire to be effective. Which means he is not "setting the edge". If he sets the edge, he's not effective.

Sure, he gets a number of sacks, but what he gives up in return is not worth it. Micah is a LB, and would be an absolute stud there. Keep him at DE and he'll be Robert Quinn but w/ a much shorter career as this beating he's taking will shorten it.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Well he is on his 4th year. We picked up his 5th and we can tag him for year six. So that covers 2 to 3 years. So no need to resign him.
While I agree completely with this in principal it is unrealistic. He is never going to play without a massive e tension and a huge signing bonus. Nor should he. IMHO the only two real options are to give him the massive extension or trade him. I would trade him but this team will sign him 100 percent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
While I agree completely with this in principal it is unrealistic. He is never going to play without a massive e tension and a huge signing bonus. Nor should he. IMHO the only two real options are to give him the massive extension or trade him. I would trade him but this team will sign him 100 percent.
Are you paying attention to what is happening with CD???

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Are you paying attention to what is happening with CD???
Isn't he holding out? Pretty much the same situation. You gotta decide pay him or trade him. Same for Parsons. CeeDee is at least a pretty safe bet IMHO. He seems like a professional who will not fall off a cliff and will perform at a high level for a while.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The franchise tag only ever seems to get used on guys like Anthony Spencer. You overpay for 1 year because you are not sold on the player and you want to have a bit more time to decide. 1 year deals never hurt that bad plus the player is highly incentivized to perform so you probably get their best year. Superstars do not get franchised they get extended.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Isn't he holding out? Pretty much the same situation. You gotta decide pay him or trade him. Same for Parsons. CeeDee is at least a pretty safe bet IMHO. He seems like a professional who will not fall off a cliff and will perform at a high level for a while.
Exactly, CD has earned and is a safe bet and he can't get paid. Micha on the other hand is undersized and massive injury risk in my opinion.

What has GM Jethro saved if Dak and CD are signed before the season starts, compared to signing them 3 months ago? Absolutely nothing.

If anything the price has only gone up. So what the hell is GM Jethro doing?

He is using Dak as an excuse to not extend CD this year. Then he will use CD as an excuse to not pay Micha next year.

This is not going to sit well with CD and Micah and they both are going to hold out.

Without CD sitting out games and no running game this will be a worse scenario than when Emmitt held out and we went 0-2.

GM Jethro is clueless. If I am CD's agent we are sitting out multiple games until he gets a 4-5 year deal. Absolutely no reason to risk $18M for $150M to $180M.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You must be like 15 years old w/ all this oneupmanship and all that fooforaw. And then assigning thoughts and feelings to people w/ no logical backing!!! You, my dear sir, live in a strange little world.

Sorry you're having so much trouble defining "years".
Call me a child if it makes you feel better.

In the meantime, the Cowboys have 4 hits in the last 10 years in the second round. When you consider the last several drafts are still being evaluated, that is quite good.

This remains in contrast to your noncredible estimation and victimhood.