if it came to it - steve smith, or roy williams

Reaction score
Bizwah;2175375 said:
He's a better teammate.

I want a guy that I don't want us to have to worry about.

And yes, I think he does play bigger, stronger, and faster.

Steve Smith is more experienced....right now, that's all he has on RW. Give RW a year or two more...with a QB not named Jon Kitna...and he'll be fine.

I wouldn't sneeze at either....but Steve Smith is a ticking time-bomb.

I'm just talking about their play on the field. The stuff about Smith being a time bomb can be taken care of by winning, which this team is going to do.

Play on the field it's is not a comparison. Have you watched these 2 players play the past 3 years? Honestly. The panthers are a jv team without Smith. I dont even think they beat Atlanta last year without him.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Roy Williams. He's younger, and a better teammate.

Williams is 26, and Smith turns 30 next May. The latter has reached the pinnacle of his career while the former is still developing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2175387 said:
Roy Williams. He's younger, and a better teammate.

Williams is 26, and Smith turns 30 next May. The latter has reached the pinnacle of his career while the former is still developing.

so the question is - who would provide the better WR for the next 2 years while we're this "hot"? yes roy could be here longer, but would that matter if this window closes out and we went for long term vs. fix the hole now?

who fixes "today" better?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the kid 05;2175398 said:
size doesn't always mean great things

you hear that a lot?

sorry - the target was so...there. : )

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
iceberg;2175401 said:
you hear that a lot?

sorry - the target was so...there. : )

lol no its not what she said :p

she said something about its the motion of the ocean...i replyed yeah well it will take you a long time to get to england in a row boat...;)

thats like saying oh hes 6'6" he'll be great...just like how people get hung up on the 40 yard dash

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the kid 05;2175407 said:
lol no its not what she said :p

she said something about its the motion of the ocean...i replyed yeah well it will take you a long time to get to england in a row boat...;)

thats like saying oh hes 6'6" he'll be great...just like how people get hung up on the 40 yard dash

hey, i'm your average white boy. i've got a list of ready excuses also. : )

the kid 05

Reaction score
iceberg;2175410 said:
hey, i'm your average white boy. i've got a list of ready excuses also. : )

:lmao2::laugh2::bow:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
iceberg;2175395 said:
so the question is - who would provide the better WR for the next 2 years while we're this "hot"? yes roy could be here longer, but would that matter if this window closes out and we went for long term vs. fix the hole now?

who fixes "today" better?

If you could promise that Steve Smith's acquisition guaranteed a Super Bowl victory, I would vote Steve Smith. But there are no guarantees in professional sports.

Roy Williams and Terrell Owens, just like Steve Smith and Terrell Owens, would constitute the best WR tandem in the NFL. Therefore, acquiring Roy Williams is a fix for both "today" and the future.

So give me Roy Williams.

the kid 05

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2175415 said:
If you could promise that Steve Smith's acquisition guaranteed a Super Bowl victory, I would vote Steve Smith. But there are no guarantees in professional sports.

Roy Williams and Terrell Owens, just like Steve Smith and Terrell Owens, would constitute the best WR tandem in the NFL. Therefore, acquiring Roy Williams is a fix for both "today" and the future.

So give me Roy Williams.

that would possibly have to be one of the greatest if not the greatest in history

Reaction score
Keep hoping one day that Roy Williams gets it because hes from Texas you homers.

Steve Smith has dominated some of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. He has dominated playoff games. He plays hurt.

Roy Williams?uhhhhhhh hes from Texas!:rolleyes:

And to the people bringing up his age why dont you check the age of the original 81. Your career doesn't end when you turn 30 people.:bang2:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2175419 said:
Keep hoping one day that Roy Williams gets it because hes from Texas you homers.

Steve Smith has dominated some of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. He has dominated playoff games. He plays hurt.

Roy Williams?uhhhhhhh hes from Texas!:rolleyes:

And to the people bringing up his age why dont you check the age of the original 81. Your career doesn't end when you turn 30 people.:bang2:
Roy has more raw talent. He has not accomplished what steve smith has but thats part of why we want him right.

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2175430 said:
Roy has more raw talent. He has not accomplished what steve smith has but thats part of why we want him right.

I have an assosciate who loves the Lions so i follow them a little bit. Trust me, Roy Williams is not that good. If you want somebody to get some stats in a blowout game then hes your guy. If you want somebody to show up in a battle from start to finish you dont want that guy. He called Al Harris the best corner in the league just because he cant do anything against him. Only problem is two recievers with his same body type killed Harris. That tells me alot. But it doesn't matter because if a deal goes down and we get Roy, people will see what is truth and what is lie.:cool:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2175436 said:
I have an assosciate who loves the Lions so i follow them a little bit. Trust me, Roy Williams is not that good. If you want somebody to get some stats in a blowout game then hes your guy. If you want somebody to show up in a battle from start to finish you dont want that guy. He called Al Harris the best corner in the league just because he cant do anything against him. Only problem is two recievers with his same body type killed Harris. That tells me alot. But it doesn't matter because if a deal goes down and we get Roy, people will see what is truth and what is lie.:cool:
I watched him all through college and try to keep up as much as I can with him. He has always had talent. IMO he has never been able to showcase it because of the status that his team is at. WR are dependent on the rest of the team playing well enough to get them the ball.