If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. I think we are putting together an ELITE supporting cast.

Look I agree, give me a better QB I would jump on it.. but a better QB is hard to find. Half the teams with Elite QB play was in the right place at right time..

Hell the Saints ACCIDENTALLY landed Breeze
Do you mean Brees?

Yes, we understand QB are difficult to find. Prescott brings several valuable tangible assets. But he has some weaknesses that are worthy of criticism.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Exactly. I think we are putting together an ELITE supporting cast.

Look I agree, give me a better QB I would jump on it.. but a better QB is hard to find. Half the teams with Elite QB play was in the right place at right time..

Hell the Saints ACCIDENTALLY landed Breeze

There was nothing "Accident" about trading for Brees - you can say they got lucky since the Maimi situation fell through, but that's it.

And "difficulty" finding a better QB is not a good excuse to stick with mediocrity. The NFL, in general, is tough - but looking back at past Super Bowl winners - remove Brady, and you don't have any 4th round QBs winning Super Bowls. It's mostly first through third rounders, but majority being the first.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
While Aikman is overrated, he had seasons where he was within the top 5 among his peers.

And this isn't the 90s anymore. We aren't getting an RB that will get us 20+ TDs a season. That's not how it works, you have to get into the end zone by the QBs arm.

Yea, my point is hes what we have. Lets just go try and win some meaningful games!
I honestly
There was nothing "Accident" about trading for Brees - you can say they got lucky since the Maimi situation fell through, but that's it.

And "difficulty" finding a better QB is not a good excuse to stick with mediocrity. The NFL, in general, is tough - but looking back at past Super Bowl winners - remove Brady, and you don't have any 4th round QBs winning Super Bowls. It's mostly first through third rounders, but majority being the first.

Cant disagree, all Im trying to say is Prescott is our QB for now. Lets just root for him to prove us all wrong..
If the "deal" hadnt fallen through. New Orleans would still wear bags on their heads. Thank got we din't land the amazing Lynch. My point is QB is a gamble even with elite scouting. Ide rather play it safe and try to win super bowls with what we got.

Now if we can land a better QB without a Doubt.. the SIGN ME UP!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the end if Prescott isn’t enough we’ll look back wondering what a more Elite QB might have accomplished with this roster surrounding them.
In the end Dak Prescott will go the way of Tebow,RG3, etc etc......the sooner they swallow there "Jerry Pride" and accept going with Dak over Romo was a fatal mistake....... the better for our Cowboys!

P.S. Garrett and Dak should not be tied together their fortunes are on different levels and responsibilities.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
In the end Dak Prescott will go the way of Tebow,RG3, etc etc......the sooner they swallow there "Jerry Pride" and accept going with Dak over Romo was a fatal mistake....... the better for our Cowboys!

Look.. Prescott has a lot of flaws.. but putting him in that category is a joke!
Tebow? Cmon man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

P.S. Garrett and Dak should not be tied together their fortunes are on different levels and responsibilities.
We don’t know yet how the Book of Dak will end. Claiming to hold a Crystal Ball could be considered trolling or baiting. Tread carefully.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t know yet how the Book of Dak will end. Claiming to hold a Crystal Ball could be considered trolling or baiting. Tread carefully.

I'll keep trusting my "eyes" if that's considered trolling then whtever bud.....o_O

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is your eye on Dak the only Crystal Ball you have ?
Please share any others you have.

Find someone else to play the Dak game.....gl bud

P.S. I've shared my thoughts and ranked at # 18 QB seems unfortunately my Crystal ball is correct!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Find someone else to play the Dak game.....gl bud

P.S. I've shared my thoughts and ranked at # 18 QB seems unfortunately my Crystal ball is correct!
So far...but when you can see into the future those are special talents you have. Surely they go beyond our QB?

And I’m a critic of Daks but stating never crosses the line. It doesn’t look promising but we can’t be absolutely certain.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Don’t agree with OP. If Garrett is gone that means we underachieved again and that has been on coaches for years. Dak needs work but I’d like to see him under someone that can utilize him better.

In the history of the league Dak is up there in first 4 years in wins, TDS and is tops in not throwing ints. Does this make him great or better than other QBs automatically...NO! But it gives u starting point to work with if you get the right coach

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t swing and miss if you don’t get up to the plate.

As well as we’ve drafted in recent years you’d think we’d have more confidence we could do better with an earlier pick at QB?

Except that we don’t have to step up to the plate and risk striking out because Dak already gives us a runner on base with a chance to score.

As for drafting QBs, historically the odds of getting a high quality one go down significantly the later in the first round a team picks, and the Cowboys will likely be picking 20-25 or later. The odds aren’t even great picking in the top 10 - lots of top 10 QBs turn out to be average or worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have no way of knowing who will fall where.

Dont get me wrong. Would love Tua on this team. But we would likely need the over all top pick to achieve this.. you really want to waste a year of this talented roster for a maybe??
Calling it a maybe is even generous. The odds of the Cowboys having the #1 overall pick in the next draft are way too long to be considered a real possibility

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just not that easy to land a franchise QB. I mean, I get Prescott isn't everyone's favorite, but he's good enough to not worry about gambling an early pick or moving up for an unknown.
Exactly. Some seem to feel all it takes is using a 1st round pick on a QB and a team is guaranteed to have a top tier player, but that is far from the case. A lot more prove to be average to below average than elite.

Reactions: G2

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence 2021.

Build a big and physical front seven on defense then draft a pure pocket passing franchise QB. That's how the nine Superbowl appearing six Superbowl winning New England Patriots are built. Immolate them.

Trevor Lawrence 2021.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence 2021.

Build a big and physical front seven on defense then draft a pure pocket passing franchise QB. That's how the nine Superbowl appearing six Superbowl winning New England Patriots are built. Immolate them.

Trevor Lawrence 2021.

So just make sure we can draft him... sounds easy enough..

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I dint realize it was that easy... We should just draft 1st overall every year..
Aight Jerry were do I sign as your new GM?