If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. Some seem to feel all it takes is using a 1st round pick on a QB and a team is guaranteed to have a top tier player, but that is far from the case. A lot more prove to be average to below average than elite.
I tell fans all the time, The QB position is one of the hardest to fill. The ones that are elite (top 5) you might not know about until years after they are drafted. I consider Romo a pretty good QB and he wasn't even drafted. It's a HUGE and mysterious gamble. I'm all for getting better players at any and every position. But it's not realistic to just simply state "We need to dump Prescott, he's average" when during his era the team has been very good. Not giving him all or the majority of the credit, just that he's part of it.
The ones chirping we need a QB don't have a single realistic solution and typical think there's more of an issue than there really is.

Qcard

Reaction score
I said Smith never had a low because of losing 2 players. Alex Smith was with a dysfunctional 49ers team the first few years of his career. The entire 49ers team was garbage, the coaching staff was garbage, the GM was garbage.

Dak wouldn't even have been a starter or lasted as long as Smith did through those times.
Yeah you are right :facepalm:....but Colin Kapernick a QB with traits similar to Dak had success with the same team Alex Smith couldn't win with....

Do you even know what you are talking about?