If Jerry was going to do it then it would've been done

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
For a man that once fired Tom Landry on the 18th hole of a golf course, this sure is taking a long time

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I don't usually talk like this, but if Garrett is retained as the head coach, I am also finished rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. I won't root for any other team because that's not possible, but I will no longer spend any emotional energy on this franchise. I'm not a Garrett hater, but the results say it all.

I am a hater, he has wasted 10 years, longer than any other coach not named Tom Landry.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, and Kansas City Chiefs to name a few.

I'd be out on pro football. After the Ohio State ref debacle I'm a step away from not watching it anymore either. I mean to kick a guy out for one bad hit especially a border line one is ridiculous. I mean any player from any team. It should be like the NBA. Two fragrant hits-you're out. Unless it is over the top. Borderline ones should be 2. As far as Dallas goes. I've been a Dallas fan ONLY ...for my whole life. Cut me? I bleed blue and grey. So it'll hurt but if Garrett is back? I won't be.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To those of you thinking of handing in your fan cards, what teams would you guys follow? Or would you guys just stop watching football completely? Or would you just watch football, but not have a favorite team in mind?

I'll always remain a Cowboys fan. However, I probably would find other hobbies like learning to draw to help give me an alternative to watching the Cowboys. And I still may do that during the Cowboys games. I'm planning on trying to learn that during the offseason.

CB61

Reaction score
Well one thing's for sure he said nothing will be decided for 24 to 48 hours? That's about to expire here real soon

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll always remain a Cowboys fan. However, I probably would find other hobbies like learning to draw to help give me an alternative to watching the Cowboys. And I still may do that during the Cowboys games. I'm planning on trying to learn that during the offseason.

Besides, I'd love to be able to learn an art anyway. I suck at drawing, but hey, it'll be a process.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Maybe jerry is just working out a trade of Garrett to the giants ! :lmao:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dude.

His contract is up. If he's staying, it's negotiating an extension. If he's gone as a coach, there is no conversation about coaches that stay that would involve Garrett, because he wouldn't be a part of their future in any meaningful way. If he's getting kicked upstairs, then it's a negotiation.

If this is just him being removed, it's done in one meeting. There would be no loose ends to be tied with Garrett.

I love the Jerry-ESP on this site. Garrett was Head Coach for ten years and you are certain that every single loose end gets tied up in 60 minutes or less.

That just isn't reality. There could be a thousand reasons for the second meeting in any of the scenarios of Garrett leaving or getting kicked upstairs.

Plankton

Reaction score
I love the Jerry-ESP on this site. Garrett was Head Coach for ten years and you are certain that every single loose end gets tied up in 60 minutes or less.

That just isn't reality. There could be a thousand reasons for the second meeting in any of the scenarios of Garrett leaving or getting kicked upstairs.

If he's leaving?

No. That's done in minutes. It wouldn't in any way require multiple meetings because his contract is up.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If he's leaving?

No. That's done in minutes. It wouldn't in any way require multiple meetings because his contract is up.

In video games, sure. In reality its a ten year employee at a multi-billion dollar corporation and things aren't handled like teenagers tweeting each other.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would he fire someone when their contract is up in 2 weeks? Makes no business sense. Garrett is gone just gonna have to be patient.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What is the reason for 2 meetings? If you were going to fire him he would've already done it. I think that he's having these meetings to let the fans know before hand that there's a possibility he's just floating the concept that he"ll be coming back. Why even let him have exit meetings when he's not coming back next year? Why have a second meeting with no decision?

If JG comes back then I'm through with this organization (financially and following) until he's gone.

This would be the biggest middle finger to the fans period.
Our coach 20 years from now:
6415-B071-B6-B1-4-F94-979-D-A774-B4797874.png

sdfidaho

Reaction score
What is the reason for 2 meetings? If you were going to fire him he would've already done it. I think that he's having these meetings to let the fans know before hand that there's a possibility he's just floating the concept that he"ll be coming back. Why even let him have exit meetings when he's not coming back next year? Why have a second meeting with no decision?

If JG comes back then I'm through with this organization (financially and following) until he's gone.

Until I hear otherwise, I say there will be a new HC in place by the middle of February

Proof

Reaction score
To those of you thinking of handing in your fan cards, what teams would you guys follow? Or would you guys just stop watching football completely? Or would you just watch football, but not have a favorite team in mind?

I’d just casually check in on Sunday’s. I barely watch football outside of the Cowboys anymore. I haven’t roped my son into this nonsense and have other things to do these days

Plankton

Reaction score
In video games, sure. In reality its a ten year employee at a multi-billion dollar corporation and things aren't handled like teenagers tweeting each other.

In reality, it's a contract employee whose deal is expiring. When Jones was letting Switzer, Gailey and Campo go, there wasn't any level of hand wringing.

If a contract expires, and it's not being extended, there is literally nothing to discuss. Unless you're the Cowboys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that he's having these meetings to let the fans know before hand that there's a possibility he's just floating the concept that he"ll be coming back.
Some fans already knew, years long before the season began, Jones might extend Garrett beyond his current contract. Jones is and always will be a creature of habit bound by his own mentality.

The possibility never died simply because others thought it was a no-brainer to can Garrett during and/or after a lackluster season. Jones is who he keeps telling people he is. 'I am the final decision maker. I am the best general manager for the Dallas Cowboys. I am doing things my way no matter what.'

Some of those are not direct quotes but they are all essentially what he has said and continues demonstrating what he has and shall do. It is still possible Jones does not retain Garrett but the possibility still exists inside his brain. That is the only important factor and one everyone who has followed him should completely understand.

BigD_95

Reaction score

I 100% agree with you. I would quit watching until he is gone. I can’t believe I’m even saying that.

I’m so stressed right now until I hear Garrett is officially gone