If Jerry was going to do it then it would've been done

Kaiser

Reaction score
When Jones was letting Switzer, Gailey and Campo go, there wasn't any level of hand wringing.

Anything more than 60 minutes of meetings is "hand wringing"? How do you know how much time Jerry spent with those three 20 years ago?

Valkyr

Reaction score
What is the reason for 2 meetings? If you were going to fire him he would've already done it. I think that he's having these meetings to let the fans know before hand that there's a possibility he's just floating the concept that he"ll be coming back. Why even let him have exit meetings when he's not coming back next year? Why have a second meeting with no decision?

If JG comes back then I'm through with this organization (financially and following) until he's gone.

This would be the biggest middle finger to the fans period.
giphy.gif

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is staying in a different role.

General Manager?

The next coach is already hired, or has another game or more to coach before they interview him.

That is my guess.

1 or 2 year extension for garrett

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
To those of you thinking of handing in your fan cards, what teams would you guys follow? Or would you guys just stop watching football completely? Or would you just watch football, but not have a favorite team in mind?

I wont have a team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If a contract expires, and it's not being extended, there is literally nothing to discuss. Unless you're the Cowboys.

There could literally be a thousand things they could have discussed. There are all kinds of contract clauses that could be written as "for a value to be mutually determined", etc. The most likely would be that the tampering rules say Dallas can't talk to other candidates while Garrett's contract is in effect till Jan 14th but they asked him to sign a waiver. Contractually it could be anything.

Practically it could be a bunch of others. Jerry wants to retain coaches 1 and 2, recommend to other teams coaches 3 and 4 but not 5 and 6, so they come back to talk it over. Who knows, but there a million things that could take more than one 60 minute meeting. Either side could have said "I want to do X going forward, sleep on it and tell me what you think tomorrow".

Jerry has known Garrett as a player, coach and Head Coach for 25 years, its nothing close to reality to say that relationship is going to end in a few minutes with Jerry saying "Gimme your parking pass LOLGFY"

kskboys

Reaction score
What is the reason for 2 meetings? If you were going to fire him he would've already done it. I think that he's having these meetings to let the fans know before hand that there's a possibility he's just floating the concept that he"ll be coming back. Why even let him have exit meetings when he's not coming back next year? Why have a second meeting with no decision?

If JG comes back then I'm through with this organization (financially and following) until he's gone.

This would be the biggest middle finger to the fans period.
Quite the opposite. Jerry strings things out to keep the focus on the Cowbobys. Not the first time he's done this.

MetalMike

Reaction score
Jerry is a narcissist. Not as much as someone else we're familiar with but, a narcissist nonetheless. When Jerry purchased the Cowboys back in 1989 and hired Jimmy Johnson as the new coach he set in motion what was to come. We had Jerry the oil man and owner. Jimmy the football lifer and now, coach. Jimmy Johnson knew football and knew the personnel that he needed to form a winner. He was recruiting in a league that really doesn't recruit. Through shrewd trades (Herschel Walker, anyone?) he acquired the draft picks and personnel that was the building blocks of 2 Super Bowl championships. Jerry, on the other hand, loving the success but, feeling left out makes his famous statement that any of 500 coaches could coach this team. We all know the history. Jimmy basically said, ** and left. Barry Switzer comes in and continues the winning as he himself if a football lifer and another successful college coach. Another Super Bowl win and Jerry is full of himself. Barry makes the mistake of taking a gun onto a plane, Jerry doesn't have his back (as if Barry was going to shoot someone or was a terrorist) and Barry is made to feel his best decision is to quit. Jerry feels he can make these football decisions because he hired the best at the time, therefore he must be smart enough to handle everything going forward. Jerry is one of those rich people that simply feels if he's rich he must be smart. And the richer he is, the smarter he is. Jerry will never get it until someone actually risks their Cowboy future and tells him straight up that he doesn't know jack about football. Dan Snyder of the Commanders is exactly the same way but, he's the Commanders owner and I hope he continues his pattern for several decades to come. I've worked for people like this. I took the chance. I made their life and the lives of their employees better and the performance of their businesses better by standing up and simply explaining the error of their flawed logic. An analogy of a boss that loves Volkswagen Beetles and continues to believe that Volkswagen Beetles are the greatest vehicles doesn't mean you pit them against top fuel dragsters for a drag race. Yet, they keep trying until you finally convince them to buy and try a top fuel dragster to compete. When they finally win a race, then and only then will they finally get it. Someone has to step up and finally get in Jerry's face before he'll actually get it.

johneric8

Reaction score
I 100% agree with you. I would quit watching until he is gone. I can’t believe I’m even saying that.

I’m so stressed right now until I hear Garrett is officially gone
I would be willing to bet that most of us saying well quit watching if Garrett is retained are crying wolf. As soon as Jerry brings in a defensive guru and some other flashy coordinators you know you would get sucked back in as soon as Jerry worked you over and douced you in snake oil.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
As AT&T or Cowboys' president .
some fancy title to keep him and save face