If Jerry was willing to pay Gregory $70 million

Sydla

Reaction score
Miller.....bahahahahhahahaaah.... 70 million? Did you see his deal? 6 years 120 million? Had Jerry done that deal you all would be in here slamming him like crazy. Im pissed they blew it with Gregory, but be real. 120 million for 32 year old Miller? People were saying 70- million for Gregory was too much. It shows how far from reality people on this board actually are.

Well yeah obviously I had no idea Miller would get that. At his age, I figured one of those 3 year, $55 million deals or something like that.

Sydla

Reaction score

3 playoff wins in 25 years. They are one of like 6 other teams that hasn't played in a conference title game in a quarter century.

The Jones certainly aren't succeeding in their endeavors as football personnel men.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
3 playoff wins in 25 years. They are one of like 6 other teams that hasn't played in a conference title game in a quarter century.

The Jones certainly aren't succeeding in their endeavors as football personnel men.

That doesn't change the fact that they built a good team last year, and that you don't need to have two de's at the top of the paychart to win.

It is superbowl or nothing. Getting a blue ribbon when someone else takes the trophy is still being a loser

DandyDon52

Reaction score
F

It still baffles me how Tony could throw to all sorts of low skilled and variety of different skillset players but Roy Williams and bennett he couldn't get near or make happen, along with other TE' not named witten
Bennett had some key drops, and tony would then not throw to any guy who dropped passes, he just wouldnt trust them.
Roy I dont really remember his play here. I just have one play in my memory banks, where he finally caught one and made a run and everyone got real excited lol.
like ok its working now, but that was just a anomaly.lol.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There are comparable, if not better, options at DE in FA.

If you were willing to spend that on Gregory, there's no reason to not be willing to spend that on another edge player - Miller, etc. That ZaDarius Smith contract was totally manageable. He's been a better edge player than Gregory before he got hurt last year in GB.

But we weren't willing to make an offer on a player that is now getting paid less than Gregory.

Don't let the front office spin this after the fact.

The FO thinks they have outsmarted us by playing conservative and cheap. But the only fools here is the one's running the Cowboys. This offseason is absolutely terrible.