Twitter: If Jersey sales are any indicator, Dak is king

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
This would have happened in his first year if he didn't set rookie records. They don't like him because they can't let the vision of Romo rest. Romo never got us to the promise land for various reasons. It's Dak's turn now. They need to get over themselves.

Facts and I was a Romo fan. Let this kid develop SMH.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I watched Romo have a miserable and great game at the same time and that is hard to do And he received way more hate than Dak will ever get

He received hate for some bad games, fans live in the moment but the majority of the fanbase still belived in him and supported him as the Cowboys QB. The majority of the fanbase doesn’t believe in Dak and are already wanting to look for another QB. Some are so down on him they want to give Cooper Rush a try who hasn’t even taken a regular season snap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

These are the kind of influences that concern me with Jerry where as Owner/ Promoter he’s often in a conflict of interest wearing his GM hat.

Plus the fact he booted Romo to the curb for our Rookie sensation he’d look the fool if Dak isn’t our future.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He received hate for some bad games, fans live in the moment but the majority of the fanbase still belived in him and supported him as the Cowboys QB. The majority of the fanbase doesn’t believe in Dak and are already wanting to look for another QB. Some are so down on him they want to give Cooper Rush a try who hasn’t even taken a regular season snap.
FACTS

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry and Charlotte made all the NFL owners BILLIONAIRES.
Actually most were already billionaires .

Jerry was one of the poorest in modern era, worth less than 200 million, to buy a team using everything he had selling his oil business to raise the cash.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some of you construe criticism for hate. There’s probably only a handful of posters on this board that wanted to move on from Romo prior to 2016. Being critical of a player and pointing out some flaws isn’t hating them. More than half the fanbase doesn’t want Dak as the starter. There’s comments being made about him that I never saw made about Romo. Romo never even had close to this many fans not want him to be the starting QB of the team. There’s legit dislike/hate for Dak on this board and most of it is coming from the Romo supporters. Dak is being blamed for this season. Hardly anyone ever blamed Romo for a disappointing season. It’s crazy what’s going on here.
Blaming Dak for this season is silly. But seeing his weaknesses that were more exposed this year are legit criticisms.

I was a critic of Romo also while realizing he wasn’t the core cause in losing most games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Blaming Dak for this season is silly. But seeing his weaknesses that were more exposed this year are legit criticisms.

I was a critic of Romo also while realizing he wasn’t the core cause in losing most games.

Dak certainly deserves some criticism but those who are blaming this season on him and have already given up on him are being ridiculous. Had we drafted Jarod Goff many here would have been calling him a bust after his rookie year and comparing him to Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Many were dumping on Wentz last season and were thankful he was off the board and we didn’t draft him. Many who post here live in the moment. Fans jump on and off the bandwagon weekly on this board.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak certainly deserves some criticism but those who are blaming this season on him and have already given up on him are being ridiculous. Had we drafted Jarod Goff many here would have been calling him a bust after his rookie year and comparing him to Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Many were dumping on Wentz last season and were thankful he was off the board and we didn’t draft him. The majority who post here live in the moment.
That’s typical of fans. Everything revolves around winning. Dak was given too much credit last year and too much blame this year.

Much of the weaknesses we saw last year were over shadowed with the winning wave.

Shoot we even had fans claiming how much better Jerry had become because of the winning season. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That’s typical of fans. Everything revolves around winning. Dak was given too much credit last year and too much blame this year.

Much of the weaknesses we saw last year were over shadowed with the winning wave.

Shoot we even had fans claiming how much better Jerry had become because of the winning season. Lol

Both Winston and Mariota regressed in their third year. Dak tossed for more TD’s than either of them and had more passing yards than Mariota. The fanbase here would be bailing on them if they were pulling for those teams. If they think another young QB would’ve performed much better behind the OL we fielded this season and losing Zeke for 6 games they’re kidding themselves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Both Winston and Mariota regressed in their third year. Dak tossed for more TD’s than either of them and had more passing yards than Mariota. The fanbase here would be bailing on them if they were pulling for those teams.
I’m not really a stat hound . I like to trust my eye test. Dak has some sound stats . It’s his mechanics that concern me. Winning mask some of his weaknesses. But he's not always going to have this kind of OL and RB. Then what? He needs much more development to become a NFL prolific passing QB.

Dak appears to have the confidence and game savy many of these other more naturally gifted passing QB take more time to develop if they ever do. But it’s why they’re drafted so high.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m not really a stat hound . I like to trust my eye test. Dak has some sound stats . It’s his mechanics that concern me. Winning mask some of his weaknesses. But he's not always going to have this kind of OL and RB. Then what? He needs much more development to become a prolific passing QB.

Most fans here are stat hounds. Romo’s numbers are one of the things they loved about him. Dak’s TD pass totals and passing yards aren’t thrilling the masses here. His dink and dunk style just isn’t exciting anyone. They want him to be Romo the gunslinger. We need a speed threat at WR. Someone with good hands who can run routes. We have to add some explosiveness to the passing game and we need a receiver who brings that to the table. We’re just too slow at receiver. Witten still moves the chains but can’t run. We need to add some speed to the offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most fans here are stat hounds. Romo’s numbers are one of the things they loved about him. Dak’s TD pass totals and passing yards aren’t thrilling the masses here. His dink and dunk style just isn’t exciting anyone. They want him to be Romo the gunslinger. We need a speed threat at WR. Someone with good hands who can run routes. We have to add some explosiveness to the passing game and we need a receiver who brings that to the table. We’re just too slow at receiver. Witten still moves the chains but can’t run. We need to add some speed to the offense.
Romo’s stats never really over impressed me except his 4th qtr comebacks.

What impressed me was how he propped up a poor overall team most years. He elevated those around him. That’s what good players do. He really only had two teams(2007&2014) that had a realistic opportunity to go deeper. He needed more chances and consistently better teams.

Fantasy Football has overly influenced stat hounds. Throwing over 4,000 yards is not what it meant 20-30 years ago. It’s the norm.

Much like passing percentage when most of your passes are 5 or 6 yards. I’m hopeful we’ll find our winning ways with Dak again and he can further develop and we’ll be smart enough to move on if he doesn’t .

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Actually most were already billionaires .

Jerry was one of the poorest in modern era, worth less than 200 million, to buy a team using everything he had selling his oil business to raise the cash.

Well. He made their NFL franchises worth billions.