Twitter: If Jersey sales are any indicator, Dak is king

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
There’s no minority of fans blaming Dak it’s been a majority of them. Open your eyes. Romo got blamed for some big games we lost and his turnovers contributed but few ever blamed him for a disappointing season we had. He never had a bad year statistically. His problem early on was playing at a high level in critical games and avoiding turnovers. I can’t recall Romo ever playing behind an OL that had the struggles this one did at LT.

You take Zeke away from Romo for six games and put him behind this OL with Chaz Green and Bell and he would’ve gotten killed. No way does Romo survive this season and everyone knows it. Our receivers and OL didn’t get the job done.

You guys are both right. Romo got blasted early in his career. The "snap" hold fumble was the beginning of a lot of Romo bashing. He was bashed hard from 2007-2009 for failing late in seasons. Did he deserve all that,no probably not but it was very much a love/hate relationship with Romo the QB. Loved the gun slinger one moment, hated it another. He came into his own in the 2012/2013/2014 seasons and the 2011/2012 season weren't on him. The O-line was horrible. It took time for Romo to become what he became. His TD numbers stayed high and his Int numbers dropped big time from 2012-2014. It's going to take time for Dak too. He may never have Romo's stat line BUT most fans would trade stat lines for SBs any day. That's pretty obvious for the beat down Dak takes for 22-10 and nothing to show for it. Meh, stat lines, god love 'em

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There’s no minority of fans blaming Dak it’s been a majority of them. Open your eyes. Romo got blamed for some big games we lost and his turnovers contributed but few ever blamed him for a disappointing season we had. He never had a bad year statistically. His problem early on was playing at a high level in critical games and avoiding turnovers. I can’t recall Romo ever playing behind an OL that had the struggles this one did at LT.

You take Zeke away from Romo for six games and put him behind this OL with Chaz Green and Bell and he would’ve gotten killed. No way does Romo survive this season and everyone knows it. Our receivers and OL didn’t get the job done.
MORE FACTS :clap:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If it’s any consolation, I have a Dak Jersey, but I’m too ashamed of him to wear it now.

I’m sure most feel the same.
I don't do Jerseys but if I did I would wear Dak's jersey proud every single day. He is the now and the future. His growing pains will elevate him to the next level.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This isn't a good thing. I would rather see Cowboys merchandise tanking. This team doesn't deserve it's popularity. I wanna see that stadium two thirds empty next season also.
I agree. Any fan who spends their hard earned money enriching this joke of a franchise is a sucker.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well me thinks ye have a short memory of the entire Romo yeras. Yes, of mythical proportions from 2015-2016 and beyond but those were the no-Romo years. Do you remember the furor when he signed that contract in 2013?. The highest salaried QB in the NFL at the time!! And for 2 playoff wins!! I wasn't on fan zone back then but I was on the DC fan site and trust me half were for it and half were against it. Now go back a wee bit further to 2007-2009. Romo was vilified for "Cabo". the statement "if the worst thing that happens to me is losing a football game I've had a good life" and his leadership skills were debated endlessly by the media and fans. Romo wasn't always of mythical proportions. The fact is "you never know what you have until it's gone". That holds true for #9 and #4

My memory goes back further than most. It wasn’t until Romo’s meltdown vs Washington and RG3 in that season finale elimination game in 2013 that most started bailing on him. Few wanted to pay that big contract he was due. A thread was started asking if we should trade him to KC for the number one overall pick. Some just wanted to flat out cut him and tank with Kyle Orton until we found another QB. Below is the link to that thread with me defending him. Prior to that only a handful of posters on this board wanted to move on from Romo because of the repeated turnover issues he had in big Dec/Jan games. He received a lot of criticism for his big game implosions including from me but most of us didn’t want to move on from him. We realized he was a very good QB who would be hard to replace.

Prior to Romo bursting on the scene the Cowboys had a miserable QB situation. We suffered through the Quincy Carter years and several other scrubs. We had to put up with old man Vinny and Bledsoe. We were excited when Romo came along. Yes, he received a lot of criticism for his ill-timed turnovers but he was a playmaker who had us in contention most seasons. Despite his dismal elimination game record he became the most popular player on the team. His popularity is one of the reasons Dak is receiving so much hate. He’s one of the reasons we cut Romo and the Romo lovers are bitter about it. Many don’t like Dak’s conservative short passing game. Even during his terrific rookie season many Cowboy fans were critical of him and wanted Romo back in the lineup despite a franchise record 11 game winning streak.

I was one of those who persecuted Romo for the Cabo trip but most of us still supported him. He received a lot of criticism during his career but criticism isn’t hate. What’s going on with Dak is hate. Many are blaming him for this season. Some are claiming he has a noodle arm and can’t throw the ball deep. Some want to use our 19th pick on a QB. Many can’t wait for his contract to be up so we can get rid of him. Just look around this board at some of the disparaging comments that are being made. You would think we were back in the days of Quincy Carter.

We all knew what we had in Romo when we released him. He was an aging QB who couldn’t stay healthy. He couldn’t be depended on anymore and we had to move on to a younger QB with potential. There’s no way Romo would’ve survived this season with the OL issues we had. He would have been lucky to get out of the Atlanta game alive. It’s laughable that anyone would think he would’ve lasted a full 16 games this season.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/would-you-trade-romo-for-the-1-pick.250692/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You guys are both right. Romo got blasted early in his career. The "snap" hold fumble was the beginning of a lot of Romo bashing. He was bashed hard from 2007-2009 for failing late in seasons. Did he deserve all that,no probably not but it was very much a love/hate relationship with Romo the QB. Loved the gun slinger one moment, hated it another. He came into his own in the 2012/2013/2014 seasons and the 2011/2012 season weren't on him. The O-line was horrible. It took time for Romo to become what he became. His TD numbers stayed high and his Int numbers dropped big time from 2012-2014. It's going to take time for Dak too. He may never have Romo's stat line BUT most fans would trade stat lines for SBs any day. That's pretty obvious for the beat down Dak takes for 22-10 and nothing to show for it. Meh, stat lines, god love 'em

There was clearly a love-hate with Romo even some of the Romo lovers would be critical of him at times during some of his December struggles. There was a great Romo and a bad Romo. When he was great he was out of this world and when he was bad he was horrible. He had some tremendous games and some miserable games where he completely melted down but a majority of the fans stuck by him until his contract was up at the end of the 2013 season. They didn’t want his big contract on our salary cap. Review that link I posted in my previous post.

Gator88

Reaction score
My memory goes back further than most. It wasn’t until Romo’s meltdown vs Washington and RG3 in that season finale elimination game in 2013 that most started bailing on him. Few wanted to pay that big contract he was due. A thread was started asking if we should trade him to KC for the number one overall pick. Some just wanted to flat out cut him and tank with Kyle Orton until we found another QB. Below is the link to that thread with me defending him. Prior to that only a handful of posters on this board wanted to move on from Romo because of the repeated turnover issues he had in big Dec/Jan games. He received a lot of criticism for his big game implosions including from me but most of us didn’t want to move on from him. We realized he was a very good QB who would be hard to replace.

Prior to Romo bursting on the scene the Cowboys had a miserable QB situation. We suffered through the Quincy Carter years and several other scrubs. We had to put up with old man Vinny and Bledsoe. We were excited when Romo came along. Yes, he received a lot of criticism for his ill-timed turnovers but he was a playmaker who had us in contention most seasons. Despite his dismal elimination game record he became the most popular player on the team. His popularity is one of the reasons Dak is receiving so much hate. He’s one of the reasons we cut Romo and the Romo lovers are bitter about it. Many don’t like Dak’s conservative short passing game. Even during his terrific rookie season many Cowboy fans were critical of him and wanted Romo back in the lineup despite a franchise record 11 game winning streak.

I was one of those who persecuted Romo for the Cabo trip but most of us still supported him. He received a lot of criticism during his career but criticism isn’t hate. What’s going on with Dak is hate. Many are blaming him for this season. Some are claiming he has a noodle arm and can’t throw the ball deep. Some want to use our 19th pick on a QB. Many can’t wait for his contract to be up so we can get rid of him. Just look around this board at some of the disparaging comments that are being made. You would think we were back in the days of Quincy Carter.

We all knew what we had in Romo when we released him. He was an aging QB who couldn’t stay healthy. He couldn’t be depended on anymore and we had to move on to a younger QB with potential. There’s no way Romo would’ve survived this season with the OL issues we had. He would have been lucky to get out of the Atlanta game alive. It’s laughable that anyone would think he would’ve lasted a full 16 games this season.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/would-you-trade-romo-for-the-1-pick.250692/
Ah, now it makes sense. No, wanting to get the most potential out of the team and going back to the better QB last year wasn't hate. Again, you have a faulty memory if you think Dak has experiemced a fraction of the hate Romo had during his career.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
There was clearly a love-hate with Romo even some of the Romo lovers would be critical of him at times during some of his December struggles. There was a great Romo and a bad Romo. When he was great he was out of this world and when he was bad he was horrible. He had some tremendous games and some miserable games where he completely melted down but a majority of the fans stuck by him until his contract was up at the end of the 2013 season. They didn’t want his big contract on our salary cap. Review that link I posted in my previous post.

You nailed it with Romo. I think some of the Dak bashing comes from long years of expecting more from the team especially from 2007-2009. 2010 was collar break one and fire Wade. 2011-2012 were the start of rebuilding an O-line and Romo constantly scrambling for his life. 2013 was a great year for Romo, one of his personal bests stats wise but the team still went 8-8. There was a big jump in dump JG as HC after 2013. Then 2014 that really should have ended in an NFC championship because because we were playing a one legged Rodgers. 2014 was the end of the Romo era. Two more broken clavicles between back issues and surgeries, unfulfilled dreams. No wonder fans are frustrated, so much promise, so little attained in the Romo era. I think many are just steeling themselves for more disappointment with Dak. It couldn't be anything other than that, we're 22-10 with him at QB and you have to go all the way back to 2007/2008 to find back to back winning seasons.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

We did put Romo behind this O-line only it was different names back in 2011, 2012.... their names were Bernardeau, Kyle Kozier, Phil Costa, Doug Free. Also a rookie named Tyron Smith. By then we had gone through 3 years of great promise, 2007, 2008, 2009 with multiple pro-bowlers then the 2010 disaster. Those three years of great promise but poverty had a majority of fans (as I recall) very down on Romo. He didn't take football seriously until the first broken clavicle IMO, his leadership was debated constantly, his decision make=ing too with the ball in his hands and the team records in December were horrible. Romo shouldered most of that and moved ahead. The guy had intestinal fortitude, can't argue that. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that he would like a do-over in the early part of his career. He had a remarkable ability to put all the negativity behind him. The stat-line, who cares really, Romo's ability to put that crap behind him was his #1 strength. I only hope Dak has that strength.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ah, now it makes sense. No, wanting to get the most potential out of the team and going back to the better QB last year wasn't hate. Again, you have a faulty memory if you think Dak has experiemced a fraction of the hate Romo had during his career.

Apparently none of this is making any sense to you because I never said those who wanted to go back to Romo last year were hating on Dak. The hating on him has been going on this year. Romo has received a lot of criticism over the years, most of it coming from outside Cowboys Nation but he’s received more love from the fanbase than anything else.

CWR

Reaction score
Jersey sales are only an indication that people are slow to react. After this year you are kind of out on a limb purchasing a Dak jersey.

Hopefully they dont end up stored by my MB3 jersey in the back of the closet.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Don’t recall us ever having the issues at LT that we had this season. The issues we had at that position against Atlanta was hard to watch. Romo would’ve never gotten out of that game in one piece.

I agree. The Atlanta game was brutal. Free started out as our LT. Remember that? With Kozier beside him at LG so not exactly the great wall of China. Tyron was the first piece added in 2011 and he started at LT, Free moving to RT. Not even during the lean O-lines of 2010 or 2011 was Romo brutalized like Dak was aginst Atlanta. Troy was a couple of times.