Twitter: If Jersey sales are any indicator, Dak is king

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. The Atlanta game was brutal. Free started out as our LT. Remember that? With Kozier beside him at LG so not exactly the great wall of China. Tyron was the first piece added in 2011 and he started at LT, Free moving to RT. Not even during the lean O-lines of 2010 or 2011 was Romo brutalized like Dak was aginst Atlanta. Troy was a couple of times.

Free had his struggles at LT but nothing like what we saw this season with Green and Bell. Free started looking a lot better to a lot of us after watching those two. Even Tyron struggled at times playing hurt. We certainly didn’t have a great OL years ago which is why we started rebuilding it but the issues we had at LT this season affected our entire OL. Having to provide help for your LT can cause issues. Dak was sacked 22 times the final 8 games of the season. It was right around the Atlanta game when our pass protection started to really break down. Dak was only sacked 25 times his entire rookie season. Dak took some big shots this year. Romo was lucky he was in the broadcast booth this year.

Gator88

Reaction score
Apparently none of this is making any sense to you because I never said those who wanted to go back to Romo last year were hating on Dak. The hating on him has been going on this year. Romo has received a lot of criticism over the years, most of it coming from outside Cowboys Nation but he’s received more love from the fanbase than anything else.
Yes, I still can't understand how someone can actually believe Dak has experienced anywhere close to the amount of hate Romo did. I guess that if someone wants to believe something, no amount of facts on the other side is going to convince them otherwise, that's the only possible way that someone could believe that Dak has experienced anything close to the hate Romo has experienced, let alone more.

GenoT

Reaction score
I loved Romo, more than any other player we had. But it was his time....The problem with most fans, and our HC and OC, want Dak to be Romo. He's not and that's not his game. I'm fine with Dak, he's a leader and a winner. We just need to build an offense for his skill set.

I believe that much of the coaching changes on the O side of the ball were likely made in order to bring in fresh voices and, as you suggest, tailor the offense more to Dak’s specific skill set.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, I still can't understand how someone can actually believe Dak has experienced anywhere close to the amount of hate Romo did. I guess that if someone wants to believe something, no amount of facts on the other side is going to convince them otherwise, that's the only possible way that someone could believe that Dak has experienced anything close to the hate Romo has experienced, let alone more.

Romo never received the kind of hate from his own fanbase that Dak has received this season. If you took a poll and asked how many believe that Dak is the right QB to be leading the Cowboys more than 50% would say no. Go ahead and start a poll and see if I’m wrong. You don’t understand what hate is. If Romo received one ounce of constructive criticism it was seen as hate by some like you. Some labeled me the biggest Romo hater around because I was critical of his big game performances. I was never ready to move on from him until Dak took over in 2016 and performed to the level he did. It wasn’t Romo’s play that made me want me to move on from him it was his inability to stay healthy and the fact that we had a promising young QB to take over.

You can believe what you want but Romo was the most popular player on this team. Most of the hate he was receiving wasn’t coming from his own fanbase. Dak is being completely dumped on by his own fanbase that don’t believe he’s the answer. Some are even blaming him for Romo’s release. Romo was so popular amongst Cowboys Nation that some would have rather lost with him than win a championship with Dak. There were Cowboy fans who left this board after Romo went down in preseason last year. There were people who were bigger fans of Romo than they were of the team.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo never received the kind of hate from his own fanbase that Dak has received this season. If you took a poll and asked how many believe that Dak is the right QB to be leading the Cowboys more than 50% would say no. Go ahead and start a poll and see if I’m wrong. You don’t understand what hate is. If Romo received one ounce of constructive criticism it was seen as hate by some like you. Some labeled me the biggest Romo hater around because I was critical of his big game performances. I was never ready to move on from him until Dak took over in 2016 and performed to the level he did. It wasn’t Romo’s play that made me want me to move on from him it was his inability to stay healthy and the fact that we had a promising young QB to take over.

You can believe what you want but Romo was the most popular player on this team. Most of the hate he was receiving wasn’t coming from his own fanbase. Dak is being completely dumped on by his own fanbase that don’t believe he’s the answer. Some are even blaming him for Romo’s release. Romo was so popular amongst Cowboys Nation that some would have rather lost with him than win a championship with Dak. There were Cowboy fans who left this board after Romo went down in preseason last year. There were people who were bigger fans of Romo than they were of the team.
dreamy-rose-glasses-effect.jpeg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Dak been selling jerseys? Hell, if this QB thing doesn't work out, he's got a fall back profession. I'll bet he sold those World's Finest chocolate bars when he was a kid.

If he ends up getting cut and invites you over for dinner, I'd pass....Amway trap.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
There was clearly a love-hate with Romo even some of the Romo lovers would be critical of him at times during some of his December struggles. There was a great Romo and a bad Romo. When he was great he was out of this world and when he was bad he was horrible. He had some tremendous games and some miserable games where he completely melted down but a majority of the fans stuck by him until his contract was up at the end of the 2013 season. They didn’t want his big contract on our salary cap. Review that link I posted in my previous post.
I watched Romo have a miserable and great game at the same time and that is hard to do And he received way more hate than Dak will ever get

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Has Dak been selling jerseys? Hell, if this QB thing doesn't work out, he's got a fall back profession. I'll bet he sold those World's Finest chocolate bars when he was a kid.

If he ends up getting cut and invites you over for dinner, I'd pass....Amway trap.
I just wonder when people are going to start sayin he is fat when training camp starts so far it appears that Zeke has drawn that crowd

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It's crazy how people forget this was his 2nd year SMH....
This would have happened in his first year if he didn't set rookie records. They don't like him because they can't let the vision of Romo rest. Romo never got us to the promise land for various reasons. It's Dak's turn now. They need to get over themselves.