If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Jesus, get real man. Pittsburgh isn't operated like the idiot braintrust over at the star.
Im just saying that, if he gets let go from Pittsburgh, then we need him. He's got one year left on his current deal, so, if he's not let go, I'd start rebuilding so that he can have all the draft picks that he needs.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Love the guy but me personally, i don't think he'd come here. The rooneys are about as hands off as you can ask for, (i seriously don't know what they even look like), and it'd be a completely different situation for him. They let him do alot that Jerry likely wouldn't do

Loso86

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
I'm with you on this one!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones will hedge gambles, but is strong on value. Only one 3 time 12 win coach has ever been released in NFL history. Fox, his team won the next season and then quit making the playoffs.

The lack of postseason success is maddening, but Super Bowl teams aren’t built in one offseason. Firing McCarthy, as cathartic as it might feel in the moment, would drastically shift this team’s championship window, and not in a good way.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...e-vrabel-jim-harbaugh-jerry-jones-ben-johnson