If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
I am open this idea.
You think he is getting fired?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Im just saying that, if he gets let go from Pittsburgh, then we need him. He's got one year left on his current deal, so, if he's not let go, I'd start rebuilding so that he can have all the draft picks that he needs.
That's how Pittsburg rolls, they don't shell out multi year contracts for their coach.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
:clap:
Yes, yes and yes.
Imagine shaking up the Jerald Resort culture at The Star.
Imagine Tomlin being brutally honest with player evaluation and production?
Major cultural shift, me lads, major.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tomlin is a rah rah guy.

Pass on that.

I want X’s and O’s.

X’s and O’s have killed the Steelers.

What coaches are winning by just being clappers these days?

Big D

Reaction score
You should research some of the discussions had here about Tomlin. :laugh:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Pittsburgh has had three coaches for the last 73 years. Don’t hold your breath.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'd be ok with it if Tomlin brought his huge refs always favoring his team help with him.

UncleRico

Reaction score
If Jerry is smart and really wants a super bowl before he croaks, he does whatever it takes to get Harbaugh.

I know Jerry likes Dak, and if Harbaugh thinks he can win with him then great but I let that be Harbaugh’s decision.

No thank you on Belicheck. Can’t believe how many people want him. The Patriots have been terrible since Brady left, have you seen their drafts?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
1. He’s not available.
2. He’s not an upgrade in terms of postseason success in comparison to McCarthy

CCBoy

Reaction score
We all about setting crappy obscure records though.
Do tell, how about this:

Gilmore allowed four catches on four targets for 81 yards and a touchdown, according to Pro Football Focus. The allowed yardage was 20 more than the next Cowboy. He allowed a 158.3 passer rating and didn't break up a single pass. His 33.9 coverage grade was his lowest of the season.

On the touchdown, Gilmore gave up almost a 10-yard cushion to Dontayvion Wicks and still got burned by the in-breaking route. On an earlier rep against Romeo Doubs, Gilmore was literally run off the screen. That clip has since gone viral on social media.

Gilmore quietly had a great season for the Cowboys, but his age and declining athleticism got exposed against the Packers. He wasn't responsible for every blown coverage, but big-game Gilmore was nowhere to be found on Sunday.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dak-...w-before-cowboys-packers-boucher-01hm4vbqmkx3

(If you are going to judge, then do some)

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Jerry is smart and really wants a super bowl before he croaks, he does whatever it takes to get Harbaugh.

I know Jerry likes Dak, and if Harbaugh thinks he can win with him then great but I let that be Harbaugh’s decision.

No thank you on Belicheck. Can’t believe how many people want him. The Patriots have been terrible since Brady left, have you seen their drafts?
Harbough handle the current offensive picture?