If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't think tomlin's gonna be available so we already talking about the four other head coaches that could possibly come here and some actual available coaches that can come here we can't be talking about one that's not even gone yet..... I think Bill Belichick can do every bit the same thing that Tomlin can do especially here as much as people wanna say we don't have talent that the talents all overrated they're soft they don't execute this team right now if we keep Prescott for one more year under the same contract make a few changes on defense with bigger defensive lineman and linebackers go after rebuilding the actual defense draft make this a defensive draft outside of running back we can work with this offense..

That's the exact scenario that Bill Belichick could thrive on heck vrabel can probably do the same thing. I mean we saw vrabel if I'm not mistaken get to a AFC championship game with a quarterback we both know it's not as good as Prescott he did it with defense and a run game they were physical so I think even he would be an option here we need a defensive minded top head coach that has a coaching tree and some clout to bring in and steal people's coaches to fill out a coaching staff... That's my opinion I mean Tom was not available but these other two are very similar coaches...

Sure, or heck, maybe we can try Harbaugh too. I just want a gritty coach who is physical and knows how to build a champion. The way the organisation works ATM is not going to get us a SB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure, or heck, maybe we can try Harbaugh too. I just want a gritty coach who is physical and knows how to build a champion. The way the organisation works ATM is not going to get us a SB.
right agreed... Yeah I mean it's good as Mike McCarthy's been and he deserves a lot of respect this team's 36 wins in three years he got to 40 wins quicker than I can remember any head coach here and he's got us to the second round of the playoffs but he is a offensive minded coach and he seems to allow his other coaches under him to have free reign to do whatever they want which is fine in some cases but in our case I think it's time for a hard nosed defensive minded coach I mean when's the last time we had one of those Jimmy Johnson I mean bill Parcells maybe I mean I know wade Phillips was sort of that way but he definitely didn't have that kind of personality.... So the switch from the Jason Garrett and Mike McCarthy type head coaches it is time for one of those guys I agree we need a no nonsense type coach that hell the players might even complain about because they're being ridden hard that's fine with me I mean I think we're all in agreement we need one of those four coaches...

And no not Dan Quinn anybody says ohh well he's defensive no he's got soft defenses that are fast and they're just opportunistic but they are not tough in the way we see some of these other coaches...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
right agreed... Yeah I mean it's good as Mike McCarthy's been and he deserves a lot of respect this team's 36 wins in three years he got to 40 wins quicker than I can remember any head coach here and he's got us to the second round of the playoffs but he is a offensive minded coach and he seems to allow his other coaches under him to have free reign to do whatever they want which is fine in some cases but in our case I think it's time for a hard nosed defensive minded coach I mean when's the last time we had one of those Jimmy Johnson I mean bill Parcells maybe I mean I know wade Phillips was sort of that way but he definitely didn't have that kind of personality.... So the switch from the Jason Garrett and Mike McCarthy type head coaches it is time for one of those guys I agree we need a no nonsense type coach that hell the players might even complain about because they're being ridden hard that's fine with me I mean I think we're all in agreement we need one of those four coaches...

And no not Dan Quinn anybody says ohh well he's defensive no he's got soft defenses that are fast and they're just opportunistic but they are not tough in the way we see some of these other coaches...

Exactly, we need a hard-nosed coach and one that can be a disciplinarian.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would be OK with Tomlin at least he is only 51. Would prefer hiring someone like Tomlin at the beginning of their run versus the end of their run. IMHO head coaches in their mid to late 30s is the way to go you need a lot of energy. Tomlin might still have something left though. Jimmy was around 45 or so when we hired him.

exciter

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
If McCarthy goes you’re getting Moore in all likelihood!

exciter

Reaction score
Or some yes-man
Jerry sees this team as way too close to go with another QB. He’s not going to have Dak try to learn another system in consecutive years. Its either McCarty’s system or Moore’s! Fairly certain he’ll stick with McCarthy and let him have his defensive system… 34 or a hybrid! If he fails again then their won’t be any doubt left for him to ponder!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry sees this team as way too close to go with another QB. He’s not going to have Dak try to learn another system in consecutive years. Its either McCarty’s system or Moore’s! Fairly certain he’ll stick with McCarthy and let him have his defensive system… 34 or a hybrid! If he fails again then their won’t be any doubt left for him to ponder!

Yup, but I wonder if we draft a QB to sit for a year behind Dak, knowing that Dak is going into the last year of his deal.

exciter

Reaction score
Yup, but I wonder if we draft a QB to sit for a year behind Dak, knowing that Dak is going into the last year of his deal.
No! Dak’s going to get extended. Probably something around 4 years that they can walk away after 2 + the current year. Like I said. Jerry feels their way too close to jettison a starting QB plus 3 or 4 starting caliber players to get under the cap. The easiest way to get under is an extension!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No! Dak’s going to get extended. Probably something around 4 years that they can walk away after 2 + the current year. Like I said. Jerry feels their way too close to jettison a starting QB plus 3 or 4 starting caliber players to get under the cap. The easiest way to get under is an extension!

Perhaps, but then we have the problem of what to do with other pieces. You're right that Jerry thinks we are close. The problem is that we are not.

exciter

Reaction score
Perhaps, but then we have the problem of what to do with other pieces. You're right that Jerry thinks we are close. The problem is that we are not.
Team has holes but it’s the closest and fewest number of holes in the last 30 or so years!

UncleRico

Reaction score
Roll over and eat crap...Charlie Chaplin. Try Cantiflas and then Red Skelton...then just shut up and go home.

You better hustle, your Regulators are leaving, they heard that there was troubles at the border. I was a Border Bandit with A&I. Since you are just choked full of ignorance, that was the defensive side for the Javelinas and National Champs with 7 future Pro Bowlers in the NFL. now fall behind in something as easy as a discussion...REGULATER!

You’re insane lol

basel90

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
No . He is not what this team needs . Coached under a great organization and had a HOF QB for most of his winnjng years. Washed up and thinks he is top tier , he is not .