If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I thought about Tomlin today also. I'd take him. Or Pete Carroll. My first choice would be Harbaugh but I don't see that happening. I'm not on the Belichek bandwagon at all.

Carroll probably retires. I'd like Harbaugh, but, if Tomlin is free, we need him in the worst way. If he doesn't, then I say keep McCarthy one more year as he's got one year left, but start trading players like Lamb for as much as we can get and see how many picks we can get. Give Tomlin or the next coach as many picks as we can to make the rebuilding quicker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
He'll probably stay.

dmaschuck

Reaction score
Sports are scripted and in the NFL's script no coach has won super bowls with multiple franchises why would you want Belichick or Tomlin

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry Jones will hedge gambles, but is strong on value. Only one 3 time 12 win coach has ever been released in NFL history. Fox, his team won the next season and then quit making the playoffs.

The lack of postseason success is maddening, but Super Bowl teams aren’t built in one offseason. Firing McCarthy, as cathartic as it might feel in the moment, would drastically shift this team’s championship window, and not in a good way.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...e-vrabel-jim-harbaugh-jerry-jones-ben-johnson
There never was a window. Stop drinking the kool aide.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
If Tomlin gettable - I’m all for it. I just don’t believe Dallas is that lucky.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
fyi he's 2-6 in his last 8 playoff games amd 0-5 in last 5