If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

TheFutballFan

Reaction score
no way, not over Jim Harbaugh. Tomlin will be another Dak thing. We will win a lot but never a ring.

FrankM

Reaction score
The Steelers are not going to let Tomlin go. The Steelers don’t have a lot of talent however they hung with Bills and put up a good fight. Tomlin gets the most out of his players. The Cowboys have talent but always underachieve.

AZCowboysFan22

Reaction score
Looking at roughly the past 30+ years of coaches and ages:
I definitely do not want Belichick. No one in their 70s has ever won a superbowl and Arians and Hallas are the oldest ever at 68.

Plus I think the Pats staff has failed without brady or going anywhere else. Mike Vrabel might be the one exception and even he could not make a Championship game.

1. 1992 - Bill Parcells, 50, Super Bowl XXVI
2. 1993 - Jimmy Johnson, 49, Super Bowl XXVII
3. 1994 - Jimmy Johnson, 50, Super Bowl XXVIII
4. 1995 - George Seifert, 55, Super Bowl XXIX
5. 1996 - Barry Switzer, 58, Super Bowl XXX
6. 1997 - Mike Holmgren, 48, Super Bowl XXXI
7. 1998 - Mike Shanahan, 46, Super Bowl XXXII
8. 1999 - Mike Shanahan, 47, Super Bowl XXXIII
9. 2000 - Dick Vermeil, 63, Super Bowl XXXIV
10. 2001 - Brian Billick, 47, Super Bowl XXXV
11. 2002 - Bill Belichick, 49, Super Bowl XXXVI
12. 2003 - Jon Gruden, 39, Super Bowl XXXVII
13. 2004 - Bill Belichick, 51, Super Bowl XXXVIII
14. 2005 - Bill Belichick, 52, Super Bowl XXXIX
15. 2006 - Bill Cowher, 49, Super Bowl XL
16. 2007 - Tony Dungy, 51, Super Bowl XLI
17. 2008 - Tom Coughlin, 61, Super Bowl XLII
18. 2009 - Mike Tomlin, 36, Super Bowl XLIII
19. 2010 - Sean Payton, 46, Super Bowl XLIV
20. 2011 - Mike McCarthy, 47, Super Bowl XLV
21. 2012 - Tom Coughlin, 65, Super Bowl XLVI
22. 2013 - John Harbaugh, 50, Super Bowl XLVII
23. 2014 - Pete Carroll, 62, Super Bowl XLVIII
24. 2015 - Bill Belichick, 62, Super Bowl XLIX
25. 2016 - Gary Kubiak, 54, Super Bowl 50
26. 2017 - Bill Belichick, 64, Super Bowl LI
27. 2018 - Doug Pederson, 50, Super Bowl LII
28. 2019 - Bill Belichick, 66, Super Bowl LIII
29. 2020 - Andy Reid, 61, Super Bowl LIV
30. 2021 - Bruce Arians, 68, Super Bowl LV
31. 2022 - Sean McVay, 35, Super Bowl LVI
32. 2023 - Andy Reid 64, Super Bowl LVII

People thinking Tomlin is going to solve any problems is wishful thinking. Its been 15 years since he was on this list and even then it was not his players. When the Steelers had the Triple B's they failed to get past the Championship games. And ask any die hard steeler fan, I think they have gotten tired of him long ago.
If the Cowboys choose Harbaugh they can hopefully bring Minter. Jim was nearly gone before he changed the coaches around him at Michigan. He went younger and that is the key I think.

I'm not sure if Harbaugh is the answer but I think whoever comes in needs to be fresh. No more retreads and at this point I think the New England coaches would be Parcells 2.0.

This probably goes for the culture of the organization as a whole. Time for the Geriatrics to step down, much like members in the US. Government. I don't want to see an acitve Gerontocracy in Dallas from the Owners down to the coaches.

AZCowboysFan22

Reaction score
And I'm sure it was mentioned here but that 2012 Commander team had four offensive guys that have gone on to be decent at worse coaches so far.

Sean McVay
Kyle Shannahan
Mike McDaniel
Matt LaFleur

I know Dallas tried youth with Jason Garrett who should have never been given 10+ years. But the idea was right. I think we need avoid falling into another trap of a lethargic coach like McCarthy.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You're getting fat Mike and that loser dak for the rest of your life and you will never see a super bowl ever. I hate it for you but that is your future.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
And I want Taylor Swift to leave Kelce and run into my arms.
Man please down to Earth............common now you can do it.

Carter

Reaction score
I want a fresh mind and not a burned out coach like Tomlin, Carroll or BB

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Pittsburgh doesn't fire their HC for the flavor of the month. But if he did decide to not extend and become a FA, i would not mind it. Then the next issue would be Jerry would not give up control and that is a deal breaker for sure. Tomlin comes with no strings for Jerry to pull. He is the kind of coach Dallas needs though... build tough, rock em sock em defense, disciplined. Offense you would need a mastermind OC.

LittleD

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
How many SB's does he have on his resume? Jerry only wants winners at a cheap price. Jerry is not getting any younger.