If Nolan isn't fired you might as well chalk this era of MM as failure

JayFord

Reaction score
4-2-5 system is so bad , so no player can be judged, it is brutal .
Im not even sure who runs a 4-2-5 as a base defense

that stuff is your sub package when teams go nickel so you can cover their slot man

were running it as our base

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can't. He would have to balk at the Nolan firing and resign. Wishful thinking on my part.

Neither Nolan nor McCarthy will resign. Both will make Jerry fire them. Nolan should be demanding to sit/cut players, and if Jerry refuses, call him out in public for it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Somebody has to go, we’re going to lose by 20 to philly and will end up 2-7 after Pittsburgh.....we can only hope that a couple of the 1-5 teams and the jets get a couple wins and we just keep losing.

the only way out of this now is to be so bad that the trash gets cleaned out and the remaining coaches have the ability to bring in some new talent

Jets are going 0-16....book it. Just looked @ their schedule...it's brutal. Get KC next week....

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Nolan's unit was pushed around by a bunch of nobodies. It should have been a fair fight, but as usual, the Cowboys D never showed up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Who you going to cut that won't screw up your cap but would send enough of a message? Not many options.

But one easy option is fire the DC who clearly sucks. That's an easy move to make to try to spark something.

Cut Worley. Sit Jaylon.

Cut any contract year poor performer we don't think we're getting a comp pick out of. Crawford? Griffen? Lewis?

Every guy we cut means development snaps we can give to young players. Means another roster spot for roster churn.

We could even cut Lee, though I'd give him a chance to play and not be a bum first.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't want coaches fired if it means players stay.
i want both *****...players and coaches...walkin out the building.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I heard all year how this is McCarthy's team. Is Nolan being scapegoated? Sure. I don't care. If you are going to continue to have this personnel you can't have Nolan here. If he's not fired by tonight or tomorrow morning......McCarthy loses this team....even though he never had it to begin with so maybe he doesn't care.
He will not be fired!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither Nolan nor McCarthy will resign. Both will make Jerry fire them. Nolan should be demanding to sit/cut players, and if Jerry refuses, call him out in public for it.

I didn't mention Nolan resigning, he should simply be fired. I have no problem if they want to sit underachieving players as well.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I didn't mention Nolan resigning, he should simply be fired. I have no problem if they want to sit underachieving players as well.

Jerry fires them, he's on the hook for the remainder of their salaries. That's likely some of the dance now.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I heard all year how this is McCarthy's team. Is Nolan being scapegoated? Sure. I don't care. If you are going to continue to have this personnel you can't have Nolan here. If he's not fired by tonight or tomorrow morning......McCarthy loses this team....even though he never had it to begin with so maybe he doesn't care.

Mccarthy and Nolan just signed there deals. They will not get fired in first year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry fires them, he's on the hook for the remainder of their salaries. That's likely some of the dance now.

Yeah, that's very likely the way it all goes down.

But like I said, I'd insist that Nolan be fired, and McCarthy can respond in whatever way he likes. He's responsible for bringing him here in the first place.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fire Nolan now or McCarthy as soon as the season ends. Forget the McCarthy era ever happened.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Damn how do you force him to resign though lol?
simple tell him his new office is the broom closet !:D
make him punch a clock, and give detailed reports of his daily activities, then question those relentlessly :p
Tell the players to ask him to repeat everything over and over .