If Red is smart he will run for the hills

Wood

Reaction score
after this season. Sorry folks...I am not buying the theory that Jason all of the sudden does not know what he is doing. More likely the offensive line broke down protection and started to expose Romo to more contact and thus an injury. With Brad Johnson...Jason probably only had about 3 types of throws he was comfortable with Brad throwing. After this week....the tossing under the bus by every profile player with Dallas organization all but assures he will not stay around this mess much longer. How many more top flight assistants will this team loose until everyone figures out the mad scientist (JJ) is further along his dementia curve than he wants to admit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His biggest mistake was convincing Jerry that Brad Johnson could still play.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wood;2433595 said:
after this season. Sorry folks...I am not buying the theory that Jason all of the sudden does not know what he is doing. More likely the offensive line broke down protection and started to expose Romo to more contact and thus an injury. With Brad Johnson...Jason probably only had about 3 types of throws he was comfortable with Brad throwing. After this week....the tossing under the bus by every profile player with Dallas organization all but assures he will not stay around this mess much longer. How many more top flight assistants will this team loose until everyone figures out the mad scientist (JJ) is further along his dementia curve than he wants to admit.

Where is Garrett going to go???

You actually think he is going to get a Head Coach offer after this season with the way our O fell off a cliff without Romo???

This put to rest any argument of Romo vs. scheme. Garrett's offense looked like a freaking JV team with Romo on the bench, so why exactly would he get a HC offer when it is Romo that makes the scheme work???

Without Romo, Garrett's high octane offense looked very pedestrian. So this tells me that Garrett needs a very good QB to operate his scheme, basically meaning that the scheme itself is not "transferable".

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So your theory is that Jason is as good as advertised, but he can only coach a top offense when all of the players are playing at their full potential.

Gotcha.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Wait its Jerrys fault that Garretts offense sucked without Romo?

ummm speaking of dementia

J-DOG

Reaction score
Wood;2433595 said:
Well if Jason can't stand the heat, he should go.
I happen to think he knows what can happen if you coach the Dallas Cowboys and he is prepared for what ever happens.
Talk about the sky falling all you want but this team has a bright future and Jason is smart enough to realize it.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
WOW! how bout we hang anyone that makes a mistake,from now on.including the posters here.one mistake,one wrong belief,and your DONE!!!:rolleyes:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
if our Offense doesn't get going soon I wouldn't mind him leaving. either he doesn't know what to do with all the weapons in this offense or he just is extremely overhyped.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
of our 19 4th quarter possesions Sunday night...Barber touched the ball 16 times....so is it the players or the scheme....like I said, if Matt Casell was our qb for 16 games...we would be 6-10.....the Pats will probably go 10-6.....and that is great coaching. And yes, the Pats have other injuries to!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I think this offense isn't imaginative, inventive or utilizing the talent we have to our advantage. That is at Redballs feet exclusively. I am disappointed Tashard Choice has been limited and TO hasn't been moved around, sent in motion and mismatches created. Brad Johnson was too old, who knew?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CATCH17;2433610 said:
His biggest mistake was convincing Jerry that Brad Johnson could still play.

Convincing? Dude, Jerry is the "GM". It's his job to evaluate. I'll bet you a kick to the crotch the "convincing" was a 5 minute phone call.

"Hello"?

"Jason? Jerry". How's about BJ"?

"No, not right now I'm kinda busy.........OH!! You mean Brad. He's still here." You're actually talkin' to him. I'm right behind you".

"Great. Good. Great".

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
People have figured out our offense, that's why the acquisition of RW was so important. It's virtually similar to that of Jimmy Johnson's whose same offense started to stutter the moment Alvin Harper left. So IMO it was only a matter of time until defenses started figuring this offense out. I mean just look at the first half of this season and how crucial it was that we worked in Austin, that almost changeup WR to TO.

My thought is it for the most part was entirely on Romo's shoulders up until this point and we saw the proof when he went down, but I'm betting as RW integrates into the starting rotation fully that the burden will start lifting off Romo's shoulders and this will start looking like more a complete offense. In which I truly think the best is yet to come. And down the stretch we should start seeing this "beast" I'm predicting being born. At which time, Jason, will return to his "genius" status within the league as we clock down a Super Bowl Trophy.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
As far as Jerry.. Whom in this league aside from Kraft, as an owner, has 3 Super Bowl titles to account for? Anybody else? I think Jerry is doing pretty darn good.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2434467 said:
As far as Jerry.. Whom in this league aside from Kraft, as an owner, has 3 Super Bowl titles to account for? Anybody else? I think Jerry is doing pretty darn good.

Who, including everybody else, wanted adam? Who, including everybody else, wanted #81? Who, including everybody else, loves things like "Hard knocks"? Who, including everybody else, insists on making an *** out of themselves via interviews? Who, including everybody else, had Brad Johnson as their backup QB? Who, including everybody else, let's an entire, competent coaching staff leave? Who, including everybody else, makes their current coaching staff look like chumps at half time? Who, including everybody else, promotes a media circus with the athlete's? Who, including everybody else, do we see on a weekly basis backpeddling for all the damage he's done? Who?

Ah, crap. You're right. Al Davis............ :eek:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Blast From The Past;2434417 said:
I think this offense isn't imaginative, inventive

go watch the 91-95 Cowboys. Come back and tell me if that was "imaginative" or "inventive". And how'd that work out?

or utilizing the talent we have to our advantage.

Alot of the talent has been hurt. Losing Romo for 3 games, then having him play with a splint on is not the best scenario. Losing Felix Jones hurt. Having Jason Witten out there at far less than 100% hurts. Kyle Kosier hardly playing has hurt the OL, likewise Flozelle Adams playing with one arm doesnt help. Losing Miles Austin (twice now) doesnt help.

That is at Redballs feet exclusively.

Agan, the injuries play a huge part.

I am disappointed Tashard Choice has been limited

You are crying about our 3rd string RB not getting on the field? Come on.

and TO hasn't been moved around, sent in motion and mismatches created.

He's been open quite a bit, we had several weeks where the QB didnt get him the ball. Even Romo has missed him alot and missed him again last week on what would have been a big play, but he threw the ball behind him for a pick.

Brad Johnson was too old, who knew?

He was awful, but he never looked this bad in preseason this yr or last yr. Garrett did want Jones to sign Kerry Collins before we signed Johnson though, but Collins didnt want to leave Nashville.

There's plenty of blame to go around for this season, it definitely doesnt just fall on Garrett. The special teams have been awful all year (again) The defense has been inconsistent and at times poor. The OL hasnt blocked the way they did the first 3 games (save last week, when it appeared they were back to early season form)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
My concern about Red is (Excluding the last game ) is that team wasn't mentally tough this year.
I know it's the HC 's job to make attitude adjustments, but being the heir to the HC position I'm not sure (from what I've seen) that he would be the one to kick some tail when needed.

JMO you understand;)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Wood;2433595 said:

What everyone fails to understand is no matter how good he is the Headcoach is hurting this team

He can scream kick threaten what ever but if the Headcoach keeps making excuse they are not going to respond to anyone. It takes execution and attention to detail and the last time I remember this team as a group do not due this very well.

The stuff the players keep saying points to this is a Wade issue not just an offense issue. We where not ready mentally for this; we need to start and realize we are not going to walk on the field and win. That is all the headcoach and the assistants some times get a bad rap because of that it is what it is.

This entire teams performance so far this year reflects the Headcoach Golly Gee Wiz guys it is the fans fault for expecting better.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2434495 said:
My concern about Red is (Excluding the last game ) is that team wasn't mentally tough this year.
I know it's the HC 's job to make attitude adjustments, but being the heir to the HC position I'm not sure (from what I've seen) that he would be the one to kick some tail when needed.

JMO you understand;)

Then he would be oversteping his authority would he not ? That can get you fired or it can split a team and do worse if the coaches have infighting amongst themselves. You would lose the players because they can run to the Headcoach and whine and you lose.

Once again people wanting it both ways :bang2:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2434513 said:
Then he would be oversteping his authority would he not ? That can get you fired or it can split a team and do worse if the coaches have infighting amongst themselves. You would lose the players because they can run to the Headcoach and whine and you lose.

Once again people wanting it both ways :bang2:

Don't you think it's going on right now tho.
I mean playing for a lame duck coach has to be a distraction.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I am worried that Jason is not another Charlie Weis. Very good QB like Brady and Romo and make the OC look very very good until they have to work without those QB. Our offense looked good under Romo and Sparano before Jason was here. So is it Romo or Jason?