If Red is smart he will run for the hills

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2433610 said:
His biggest mistake was convincing Jerry that Brad Johnson could still play.

His biggest mistake was trying to make this team "The Greatest Show on Turf: Part Duex"

He needs to throw so many lefts(run, run, run.. estab. the run)
that they beg for a right(multiple receiver threats)!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
You know it's funny, Last year at 13-3 he was a genius and alot of teams had them on their short list so JJ paid him Mucho $$$ to stay.
Now the team isn't lighting it up, and he's a bum.

What's the big difference?

Funny how that works from one year to the next.:confused:

I guess it's true, :What have you done for me Lately::rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2434523 said:
You know it's funny, Last year at 13-3 he was a genius and alot of teams had them on their short list so JJ paid him Mucho $$$ to stay.
Now the team isn't lighting it up, and he's a bum.

What's the big difference?

Funny how that works from one year to the next.:confused:

I guess it's true, :What have you done for me Lately::rolleyes:

Thats not entirely true. There was alot of analysis of the 13-3 record. It could have been 10-6 EASILY... we got away with mistakes and got flat out lucky in some cases. THIS year THAT didnt happen.

Last year and this year, team-wise... we are consistently BAD.

Should have been 10-6 last year... and this year we should land around 10-6.... WE HOPE.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
YoMick;2434529 said:
Thats not entirely true. There was alot of analysis of the 13-3 record. It could have been 10-6 EASILY... we got away with mistakes and got flat out lucky in some cases. THIS year THAT didnt happen.

Should have been 10-6 last year... and this year we should land around 10-6.... WE HOPE.

Yea, looking back on it I think your right there , God was watching over us on a few games last year ,this year I think his attention is somewhere else.:)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2434530 said:
Yea, looking back on it I think your right there , God was watching over us on a few games last year ,this year I think his attention is somewhere else.:)

As great as the season was last year.
As great as it felt to win that many games.
As great as if felt to win the division.

I ALWAYS had an uneasy feeling... then the Giants game happened.

I will concede being WRONG to EVERYTHING I ever posted if we could get this team playing SMART.... thats all I ask... just play SMART and we can cover up ALOT of other deficiencies.

Not asking for too much is it? :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2434337 said:
So your theory is that Jason is as good as advertised, but he can only coach a top offense when all of the players are playing at their full potential.

Gotcha.

The game is all about the Quarterback.

Behind Romo we have nothing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ykc;2434519 said:
I am worried that Jason is not another Charlie Weis. Very good QB like Brady and Romo and make the OC look very very good until they have to work without those QB. Our offense looked good under Romo and Sparano before Jason was here. So is it Romo or Jason?

You aren't going to find anyone who was going to win with Brad Johnson and a defense that let teams march down the field.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YoMick;2434529 said:

You can say that for just about any successful team ever.

Especially in parity football.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2434544 said:
You aren't going to find anyone who was going to win with Brad Johnson and a defense that let teams march down the field.

Forget about EVERYTHING for a minute.

We won one game of 3 with Brad because of defense. There is NO WAY we should have lost to the Rams. We could have stole another game and been 2 of 3 without Romo. That is where this team muffed it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
YoMick;2434536 said:
As great as the season was last year.
As great as it felt to win that many games.
As great as if felt to win the division.

I ALWAYS had an uneasy feeling... then the Giants game happened.

I will concede being WRONG to EVERYTHING I ever posted if we could get this team playing SMART.... thats all I ask... just play SMART and we can cover up ALOT of other deficiencies.

Not asking for too much is it? :)

We beat those hacks and miraculously beat ourselves at the same time. Talented bunch, were they not? Smart? Nope. You're correct. 3 game changing penalties. In the infamous words of Parcells.....Dumb.

The Giants have a get in your head kind of game. We were too weak to let it pass and have the scoreboard do the talking. The worse loss for me since the catch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YoMick;2434549 said:
Forget about EVERYTHING for a minute.

We won one game of 3 with Brad because of defense. There is NO WAY we should have lost to the Rams. We could have stole another game and been 2 of 3 without Romo. That is where this team muffed it.

Did you watch the Rams game?

Jason Garrett or any offensive Coordinator on planet earth isn't changing the outcome of that game.

And even though the Rams had been awful they did beat the Skins the week before they beat us.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2434564 said:

Jason Garrett or any offensive Coordinator on planet earth isn't changing the outcome of that game.

And even though the Rams had been awful they did beat the Skins the week before they beat us.

I have to agree. We had a gameplan and it would've worked. If I remember correctly...............several times there were receivers OPEN and Brad just couldn't fulfill his end of the deal.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seven;2434559 said:
We beat those hacks and miraculously beat ourselves at the same time. Talented bunch, were they not? Smart? Nope. You're correct. 3 game changing penalties. In the infamous words of Parcells.....Dumb.

The Giants have a get in your head kind of game. We were too weak to let it pass and have the scoreboard do the talking. The worse loss for me since the catch.

We were to weak...

And so were the Packers, playing at Lambeu, with Favre having an MVP year.

And so were the Patriots who were undefeated and playing better than maybe any team in history.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Seven;2434559 said:

Agreed on Rams game.

The Giants game... we had a few chances to get back in it... but we were, as you put it, "dumb".

CATCH17;2434564 said:

Sorry... I went a little off topic. I was refering to the defense winning that game and just having Brad do what he did.. not much... but the game was there to be had.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2434569 said:
We were to weak...

And so were the Patriots who were undefeated and playing better than maybe any team in history.

Yep.......WE were weak. I do not care about other teams. What has that to do with us?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2434569 said:
We were to weak...

Understand this....

The Pats werent weak. They scored what would have been the winning SB touchdown in the final minutes.

It took LUCK for Giants to win ultimately.
  1. Lucky that Eli escaped the rush
  2. Lucky that Tyrell had stickum on his helmet.

Seven

Reaction score
YoMick;2434580 said:
Understand this....

The Pats werent weak. They scored what would have been the winning SB touchdown in the final minutes.

It took LUCK for Giants to win ultimately.
  1. Lucky that Eli escaped the rush
  2. Lucky that Tyrell had stickum on his helmet.

True enough.

It was very clear I was talking about the Cowboys.(edited post to clarify) Have no idea why other teams were brought into the discussion..............

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seven;2434576 said:
Yep.......WE were weak. I do not care about other teams. What has that to do with us?

Because it just shows that you over magnify what happens with Dallas when in reality the Giants were the best team going down the stretch and we weren't the only really good team to lose to them.

Things happen. It doesn't mean everyone is mentally weak and everyone needs to be kicked out of town.

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2434602 said:
Because it just shows that you over magnify what happens with Dallas when in reality the Giants were the best team going down the stretch and we weren't the only really good team to lose to them.

Things happen. It doesn't mean everyone is mentally weak and everyone needs to be kicked out of town.

Dude? Never said everyone is mentally weak. You did. Never said to kick anyone out of town. You did. Never said we were the only real good team the Giants beat. You did.I believe you're the one with the over-magnification goin' on here. You shouldn't put word's in my.........um, post.

The Giants were not the best team. IMO, we were better, across the board. We beat them twice, remember?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Many forget the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. Garrett and poor catching are to blame for that one...