If Roy horse-collars T.O. again, would you...

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
be upset at the 15 yard penalty or would you cheer and admire Roy's sheer cojones? I vote for the latter.

:iggles:

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Ide be mad if he got a pentaly. The nfl is almost saying if a wr is already ahead of you then your not allowed to tackle them because god for bid they get hurt

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
owens will not be a factor against this defense. i want to see a head on between roy and t.o.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
owens will not be a factor against this defense. i want to see a head on between roy and t.o.

Owens is a factor against any defense.

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
Horse-collaring is not Roy's Tackle, Decleating is. If he would get by him I'd love to see somebody else level him...

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I would be real happy if Roy Williams did that to T.O. again. It would be worth the 15 yard penalty.

If I am a DB in the NFL and the only way to save stop the other team from winnin the game is a horsecollar tackle. Guess what I am gonna do the horsecollar tackle and I wont care about any 15 yard penalty or fine I get.

I hope Roy does more horsecollar tackles just to give a big F.U. to the NFL.

It does not matter if it is Roy or any other Defensive player in the NFL. If the only thing they can do is a horsecollar tackle to prevent the other team from takin it to the house then that D player will use the horsecollar tackle.

Really what is a DB or guy on D suppose to do if a WR or RB is in front of them. Just give up and let them go in the endzone. I think that is what the NFL really wants. That is also what guys like EverlastinXXX who are not real football fans want to.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Really what is a DB or guy on D suppose to do if a WR or RB is in front of them. Just give up and let them go in the endzone. I think that is what the NFL really wants. That is also what guys like EverlastinXXX who are not real football fans want to.

If Roy continues to do this tackle and seriously hurts another player, he will be hit with major fines and probably suspension. Not good for the Cowboys.

If a player gets beat, the best way to get them down is to go for the legs. If you take someones legs out they can't run...i know amazing logic. As opposed to horse collar tackle where you have to stay high and risk getting stiff armed and embarrassed (see monday night game against the Titans).

I am not happy about the rule, but i am not about to internally combust like some of you "NFL Fans". Get over it already.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
If Roy continues to do this tackle and seriously hurts another player, he will be hit with major fines and probably suspension. Not good for the Cowboys.

If a player gets beat, the best way to get them down is to go for the legs. If you take someones legs out they can't run...i know amazing logic. As opposed to horse collar tackle where you have to stay high and risk getting stiff armed and embarrassed (see monday night game against the Titans).

I am not happy about the rule, but i am not about to internally combust like some of you "NFL Fans". Get over it already.

I disagree - they may stumble, but they can sometimes keep balance enough to keep going. Deion spent a career going at player's legs, luckily he could catch.

The most sure fire way of getting them down is to grab them and pull them, unfortunately, that won't be the case any longer.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tass said:
be upset at the 15 yard penalty or would you cheer and admire Roy's sheer cojones? I vote for the latter.

I would be going crazy. Screw the penality. If he got fined by the league, I would send him $20 to help cover it. Ah forget that. I'll send him the $20 just to horse collar him again!!! :D

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
The most sure fire way of getting them down is to grab them and pull them, unfortunately, that won't be the case any longer.

It's sure fire if you actually can get your hand inside the collar. But that is difficult. You have to get closer, stay high and risk getting stiff armed to get your hand secured inside the collar...not too sure fire if you ask me. There are plenty of ways to tackle someone from behind. The almighty sideline push has saved more touchdowns than any.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I'd rather not see T.O. in our backfield with the ball.....

But I'd love to see T.O. try a reverse and Roy Meet him one on one with a clean shot and knock the snott out of him. Heck I'd love to see anyplayer do that to T.O. I don't want to see him hurt but to be put in his place....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
I would be going crazy. Screw the penality. If he got fined by the league, I would send him $20 to help cover it. Ah forget that. I'll send him the $20 just to horse collar him again!!! :D
:signmast:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:

Oh stop it Everlasting. :rolleyes: It's not like you're going to throw your remote at the TV and then go and kick your dog if T.O. gets horse-collared by Roy, yet again.

But I would fully expect you to come in here and groan all day long, and cursing Roy at the same time. Seems about your style.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Oh stop it Everlasting. :rolleyes: It's not like you're going to throw your remote at the TV and then go and kick your dog if T.O. gets horse-collared by Roy, yet again.

But I would fully expect you to come in here and groan all day long, and cursing Roy at the same time. Seems about your style.

I have never cursed Roy or the tackle. I just don't see the reason to have a hissy fit over the rule. When a players hand accidently grazes the helmet of a quarterback and gets 15 yards for it...that's when i get upset. When a wide receiver kicks a defender while they're down in front of a ref...that's when i get upset. When i see holding on every play and never get called...i get really annoyed.

...but this rule, no. That is unless they call any and everything a horse collar tackle. We will see how this plays out.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Tass said:

So if an Eagles player or Skins player or any other teams player were to horsecollar Julius Jones and break his leg I'm sure all you guys saying you would support Roy would do the same for the other teams player then. I hate the fact that they made the tackle illegal to begin with, but since it is I don't want to see our players or any other players doing it.

Would you support Roy Williams if he went up high and helmet to helmet with another player and injured him.

Not trying to be over dramatic on this topic, but I wouldn't support Roy for making an illegal tackle.