If SF wins and we we beat Philly the following week, are we in first place?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Correct . Although I’m not sure that is a more probable scenario.

The toughest part is us winning out IMO.
Yeah, for sure. It is way more likely that the iggles win the division. But between losing to the giants once (and us) or losing two other games, it’s probably a toss up.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
No, we need Philly to either go on a three game losing streak starting Monday….or we need them to lose a game to the Giants. Both of those scenarios get us the division title IF we win out.

catiii

Reaction score
No, thanks to that Arizona loss. We need the Eagles to lose 3 games and win out, most likely looking at the 5 seed again.
I wanna know whose fault that BLOODY CARDINAL loss was!! I WANT SOME BUTTS!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No they have tie breaker
I think first tie breaker would be head to head. which would be tied. then its against division opponents, which again is a tie. third is wins against common opponents. at this point we are 3-0 (Rams, Jets, NE) and Philly would 2-2 (losing to Jets and assuming they lose to SF).

we haven't played Buffallo, Dolphins and they haven't played seattle.

so at that point we would be in first place.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys have to win out, and Philly needs to lose twice. After how this Seahawks team played tonight, I'm thinking there's a chance they might beat Philly when they play in Seattle.
I can see this as well, although I do not expect it. The Eagles have secondary issues too. If the Seahawks cam block for Geno they will hit some big plays. But the Eagles play much tighter in coverage especially on short passes. A lot of those quick short throws that went for 1st downs against Dallas, will be short of the 1st down against the Eagles or incomplete. If Geno has time to throw downfield then I can see the Seahawks having a chance to win at home. I think the Eagles interior DL will get more pressure on Geno and force him to make a lot of bad throws.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I think the cowboys would be ahead of the eagles in the division. But that’s just cuz the cowboys would have one more divisional win at that point as the eagles still have to play the giants twice.

But San Fran would be the #1 seed.
This right here. Plus the Eagles will have a division loss in the scenario while we'll have 0.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
If Eagles lose to the Niners, we control our own destiny. They should be physically beat up after playing the Niners. We have home field advantage with extra days to recover and time to game plan.
That's not true. Even if Philly loses to SF and Dallas they are still in first via tie breaker rules.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bottom line is that Philly has to lose in Seattle to keep any potential division tiebreaker at common opponents. This of course assumes Dallas wins out and Philly loses to SF. A lot still has to happen for Dallas to win the division but the #1 seed will be out of the question unless SF wins Sunday then falls apart.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seattle will beat the Eagles in Seattle...those guys will give the Eagles secondary fits!
Seattle offensively is a horrible matchup for Philly. If Geno is on and playing a good game, I could see them hanging 40+ on the Eagles pretty easily.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Not exactly. If the iggles lose to us and the giants, we win the division is we win out.
Since we beat Seattle that is another potential advantage in our common opponents tiebreaker.

Eagles lose to SF, us , and Seattle. We look really good.

We could lose to Detroit and still win division. But then #1 seed could be in jeopardy.