If SF wins and we we beat Philly the following week, are we in first place?

triplets_93

Reaction score
Since we beat Seattle that is another potential advantage in our common opponents tiebreaker.

Eagles lose to SF, us , and Seattle. We look really good.

We could lose to Detroit and still win division. But then #1 seed could be in jeopardy.
Bye weeks are over-rated. Stay away from Cabo !!!!

loublue22

Reaction score
Jets are common opponents.
Yes, but in the scenario where we both finish 14-3 then we would have the same record, division record and common opponent record, so the tiebreaker goes to conference record, and we lose that because all of our losses are to the NFC, where only 2 of theirs are.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, but in the scenario where we both finish 14-3 then we would have the same record, division record and common opponent record, so the tiebreaker goes to conference record, and we lose that because all of our losses are to the NFC, where only 2 of theirs are.
This is where the Seattle game plays an important role in keeping it from going to conference records.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Seattle offensively is a horrible matchup for Philly. If Geno is on and playing a good game, I could see them hanging 40+ on the Eagles pretty easily.
Desperate team theory too...especially if they lose to the 9ers next week as well. They'll be in desperation mode to hold off the Rams.i can totally see then besting Philly

Momanpr100

Reaction score
The 49ers could lose a game.
Yea, but we just talking about if the 9ers beat the eagles Sunday and then we beat the eagles next week. 9ers would be in 1st but we'll be 1st in the division.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I can see this as well, although I do not expect it. The Eagles have secondary issues too. If the Seahawks cam block for Geno they will hit some big plays. But the Eagles play much tighter in coverage especially on short passes. A lot of those quick short throws that went for 1st downs against Dallas, will be short of the 1st down against the Eagles or incomplete. If Geno has time to throw downfield then I can see the Seahawks having a chance to win at home. I think the Eagles interior DL will get more pressure on Geno and force him to make a lot of bad throws.
W
Since we beat Seattle that is another potential advantage in our common opponents tiebreaker.

Eagles lose to SF, us , and Seattle. We look really good.

We could lose to Detroit and still win division. But then #1 seed could be in jeopardy. That's a good point.

EDIT: after looking more closely, I don't think the seattle-philly game does much for us, as we would still be tied in common games.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And we beat Philly the following week.

Are we in first place?

I’m not sure how the TB works right now.

Or, we may be still behind but control our own destiny?
We need them to lose to San Fran, us and Seattle while if we take a fourth loss it's to an AFC team. The odds aren't high, but I think that's our best hope.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I think so but does it matter much? After the Eagles game Philly's schedule is way easier that ours. Sure we could get hot and win out, we will see

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Maybe the curse of the NFC East will strike. A division champ hasn’t won back to back divisions in how many years?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The problem is our schedule after Philly is much tougher than theirs. Eagles have the cardinals and the giants twice..... maybe they can lose to the Seahawks.

Even if they did we would need to run the table through buffalo, Miami and Detroit.

Most likely scenario last nights win guaranteed us at least the 5 seed. We need to take care of business in Atlanta or New Orleans. Then go to Philly or SF.. I'm confident if dak is playing this level of football we can beat anyone.

rambo2

Reaction score
The problem is our schedule after Philly is much tougher than theirs. Eagles have the cardinals and the giants twice..... maybe they can lose to the Seahawks.

Even if they did we would need to run the table through buffalo, Miami and Detroit.

Most likely scenario last nights win guaranteed us at least the 5 seed. We need to take care of business in Atlanta or New Orleans. Then go to Philly or SF.. I'm confident if dak is playing this level of football we can beat anyone.
I get the feeling that things will turn out very well for the Cowboys. This 49er Eagle game is very interesting. I think that they will beat each other up.