If Shultz walks, what is your level of confidence in Ferguson and Hendershot

Loso86

Reaction score
In small sample sizes, both Ferguson and Hendershot have looked like very capable NFL TE's. I wasnt high in Ferguson, but he is looking like he could become a Shultz like value in the 4th round. Talent wise, Hendershot isnt as far behind as his UDFA status implies. Without the the DV, Hendershot may have went 4th/5th.

How confident are you that either or both of these players can adequately replace Shultz in 2023
They both can do what 96 does. Give some of that 12 plus million to Lamb and Pollard

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I see the potential for improvement with Schultz gone. Schultz has excellent chemistry with Dak, but his blocking is horrible. I'm hoping the younger guys can do as well, or close to it in the passing game, and be much better blockers. I feel this way regardless of the salaries, removing Schultz's high salary is just an added bonus.

Proof

Reaction score
Don't read here much, huh?
Yeah a ton, and this thread that is specifically about it.

people turn on players, Schulz isn't necessarily one of them. Not many were overly high on him to begin with.

Spacebaboon

Reaction score
Ferg and Hendershot are awesome. They’re always on the side line messing around and having a good time. It shows on the field as well. You see them congratulating themselves for over blocking and smashing dudes. They’re the new smash bros! I think it even caught on with Schultz, because at first he wouldn’t hang with the them on the side line. Now he does. They even did a touchdown celebration together. There’s a really good mentality going around on the sideline, and I feel these two up and comers are a part of it to some degree.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In small sample sizes, both Ferguson and Hendershot have looked like very capable NFL TE's. I wasnt high in Ferguson, but he is looking like he could become a Shultz like value in the 4th round. Talent wise, Hendershot isnt as far behind as his UDFA status implies. Without the the DV, Hendershot may have went 4th/5th.

How confident are you that either or both of these players can adequately replace Shultz in 2023

I think the plan always was for Ferguson to replace Schultz if he proved capable. Right now, I'd say he'll be given that shot next year. Hendershot makes it even more likely. I think he's a little more like Jarwin as far as his ability to go, but he looks like he's going to be at least a slightly better blocker. We've also been mixing in McKeon some, so I could see him becoming the third tight end.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yeah a ton, and this thread that is specifically about it.

people turn on players, Schulz isn't necessarily one of them. Not many were overly high on him to begin with.

While he held out this past off season he was raked across the coals by fans here. If you didn't see it, I can't help that. It seems every time he is mentioned his skill set is under appreciated by the fans here, and then comes the money issue.

Your, 'not high on him,' comment has no bearing on his contributions. I find the grossing by fans about a player that has done nothing but play his position, then ask for a raise to be ridiculous.

Proof

Reaction score
While he held out this past off season he was raked across the coals by fans here. If you didn't see it, I can't help that. It seems every time he is mentioned his skill set is under appreciated by the fans here, and then comes the money issue.

Your, 'not high on him,' comment has no bearing on his contributions. I find the grossing by fans about a player that has done nothing but play his position, then ask for a raise to be ridiculous.

Oh that's different. He was getting 11 million dollars this season, so holding out is a little grating for sure. I didn't comment on his contributions other than to say I believe they can be easily replaced and that they've already drafted the guys to do it.

But yeah, my point was that how you feel about how fans feel about players is just as sanctimonious if not more. The money not coming out of our pockets is a moot point, as how the money is spent aligns with our fandom. Anywho, hope he gets a big deal elsewhere.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Oh that's different. He was getting 11 million dollars this season, so holding out is a little grating for sure. I didn't comment on his contributions other than to say I believe they can be easily replaced and that they've already drafted the guys to do it.

But yeah, my point was that how you feel about how fans feel about players is just as sanctimonious if not more. The money not coming out of our pockets is a moot point, as how the money is spent aligns with our fandom. Anywho, hope he gets a big deal elsewhere.

You didn't comment on his contributions. But my original post was about those that did and how they are linked to his salary, and thus his character and value to this team. As far as your sanctimonious comment, I'm not a fan here that drags players into every thread available to denigrate them because of salary, or the position they play, or my perceived idea that I have cornered the market on wisdom about this team.

Long gone are the days here where people actually liked the players and spoke about football, and not money. But hail to the days at hand where people just spew nothing but vitriol and negativity. My feeling is those folks are disappointed. Twenty-six years of nothing will do that. It appears to me that those who are so distraught about this team want others to feel the same way.

I choose to be positive about the team, and keep the fires of hope burning. If you find my thoughts to be irritating, there is an ignore function on this site.

Proof

Reaction score
You didn't comment on his contributions. But my original post was about those that did and how they are linked to his salary, and thus his character and value to this team. As far as your sanctimonious comment, I'm not a fan here that drags players into every thread available to denigrate them because of salary, or the position they play, or my perceived idea that I have cornered the market on wisdom about this team.

Long gone are the days here where people actually liked the players and spoke about football, and not money. But hail to the days at hand where people just spew nothing but vitriol and negativity. My feeling is those folks are disappointed. Twenty-six years of nothing will do that. It appears to me that those who are so distraught about this team want others to feel the same way.

I choose to be positive about the team, and keep the fires of hope burning. If you find my thoughts to be irritating, there is an ignore function on this site.

lol mighty high soap box still. Realism and optimism aren’t mutually exclusive though. I’m loving this season in all facets, and crossing my fingers it leads to the promise land. I don’t find your posts irritating, I find these particular posts interesting / funny.

There’s a ton of negativity on this board, I don’t think schulz is particularly victimized, or that believing he’s replaceable next season is anything against him. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ll give Shultz one thing…..he seems to get open regularly, so he knows how to sell it.