If the Brass were smart they would follow the GB model

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
95%? dont know about that. But it is simple, get rid of dak and start again would need to be the plan. The rest of the players you can get.... ala KC. They didnt and havent really done much in the last few years just draft as normal.... and you will hit on solid players. just like everyone else. Ive given example after example after example of when teams got good and when they stunk when the qb arrives and leaves. Im not doing it again. Houston is the latest example of a team thats about to have a great coach and a front office that does things the right way...... hilarious.
Well....95% is a figure of speech, as 5% would be 1.6 teams.

Moral of the story....go count how many teams league wide that haven't even been to a Conference Championship Game in the last quarter century. The answer: nor many. Not many at all. But we're one of them. (Only 2 NFC teams haven't: The Skins, and US. YUCK. FAILURE

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well....95% is a figure of speech, as 5% would be 1.6 teams.

Moral of the story....go count how many teams league wide that haven't even been to a Conference Championship Game in the last quarter century. The answer: nor many. Not many at all. But we're one of them. (Only 2 NFC teams haven't: The Skins, and US. YUCK. FAILURE
I dont give a darn about that. The Carolina Panthers made it to the superbowl in the past 25 years.Id rather have our team during that time over theirs anyday.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I dont give a darn about that. The Carolina Panthers made it to the superbowl in the past 25 years.Id rather have our team during that time over theirs anyday.
The Panthers have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in the past 25 years, and been to 2 SuperBowls.

You would rather have had OUR "success" over that time frame (0 nfc CG and ZERO SB) than theirs???

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Panthers have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in the past 25 years, and been to 2 SuperBowls.

You would rather have had OUR "success" over that time frame (0 nfc CG and ZERO SB) than theirs???
As a fan, hell yes. the Panthers have had 7 winning seasons in the past 28 years. The Cowboys have had 16 in that same span. As a fan, I want to enjoy the games, enjoy the season, watch the games feeling like you have a chance. The panthers have been good a few times and sucked the rest. Since appearing in the SB in 2015, the Panthers have 48 wins and 83 losses and have basically sucked every season except 1. so would I prefer to go to 1 SB, lose, and then suck for the next 8 years? Nah, no thanks. Those seasons would be miserable knowing by week 6 your season is basically over. I enjoy football too much to be miserable like that every year.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
As a fan, hell yes. the Panthers have had 7 winning seasons in the past 28 years. The Cowboys have had 16 in that same span. As a fan, I want to enjoy the games, enjoy the season, watch the games feeling like you have a chance. The panthers have been good a few times and sucked the rest. Since appearing in the SB in 2015, the Panthers have 48 wins and 83 losses and have basically sucked every season except 1. so would I prefer to go to 1 SB, lose, and then suck for the next 8 years? Nah, no thanks. Those seasons would be miserable knowing by week 6 your season is basically over. I enjoy football too much to be miserable like that every year.
Huh. Ok...welp, I guess we all have our preferences.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The Brass has always been enamored by the previous successes of teams we have lost to in the playoffs. They try and emulate what they are doing/done.

So with that I bring you the GB Packers. Traded their All Star QB, that they never got him weapons for because of his cost. Remember him being pissed when they picked Love in the late 1st round instead of a WR?

Now fast forward to now and look where they are. When you trade star players you reap the rewards in the draft. In 2022 they trade Davante Adams for a 1st and 2nd round picks. Than in 2023 got a 1st, 2nd, and a sixth for trading Rogers to the Jets.

Adams signed a 5 year deal for $140 million with LV. Rogers the next season signed a 3 year deal for $150.8 million with the Jets.

Now they are the youngest team and football and look like a contender. They did all of that in two years.

If only our Brass were smart enough……

This is the Clampetts that was on TV, we are talking about.