If the Cowboys let Murray leave, I'd think AD has to be on the way

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are close to a title and Murray is a big reason why. JG said so himself. Why would they let him walk over a million or 2 per year. I personally don't think they would unless they had a plan to improve the position. The only player that can bring improvement would be AD. He's all world.

If Murray leaves I'd think the Cowboys have solid info that AD won't be a Viking next year and both parties have a handshake agreement. It's a gamble for sure, but that's what Jerry is all about.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The Cowboys are close to a title and Murray is a big reason why. JG said so himself. Why would they let him walk over a million or 2 per year. I personally don't think they would unless they had a plan to improve the position. The only player that can bring improvement would be AD. He's all world.

If Murray leaves I'd think the Cowboys have solid info that AD won't be a Viking next year and both parties have a handshake agreement. It's a gamble for sure, but that's what Jerry is all about.

Not if the financial rumors are true. AP is way high. maybe they aren't true but that's way to much for a 30yo.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

If they won't over pay for Murray, what makes you think they'll over pay for AP?

manster1966

Reaction score
[quoteBecause Peterson is better?="AmberBeer, post: 6010968, member: 37070"]If they won't over pay for Murray, what makes you think they'll over pay for AP?[/quote]

Hardline

Reaction score
If Murray walks then expect to see Gurley or Gordon on the roster next season.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the cowboys lose murry they will draft a back or sign free agent back they will take a step back

dupree89

Reaction score

I have to say I have thought about this too. But then I wonder where the money will come from.

superonyx

Reaction score
If they won't over pay for Murray, what makes you think they'll over pay for AP?

Because Peterson is the biggest game changing back to come along in the last 10 years. Peterson forces defenses to be accountable for him at all times. The threat of his game breaking runs shakes defenses and changes the game.....

Guys like Lynch, McCoy, Murray are quality backs but Peterson has something different.

I doubt Dallas would do it at this point either way though.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I dont think dallas will sign murray or ap. 9 mil plus a year is too much.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because Peterson is the biggest game changing back to come along in the last 10 years. Peterson forces defenses to be accountable for him at all times. The threat of his game breaking runs shakes defenses and changes the game.....

Guys like Lynch, McCoy, Murray are quality backs but Peterson has something different.

How old is he?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Here's hoping the $$$ rumors on AD aren't true. He would take us to another level offensively. Even at 30 years old, a one year rested, chip on his shoulder AD behind this offensive line would be insane.

As an OU fan who has followed both backs their entire collegiate and pro careers, I can tell you that DeMarco is a great RB, but AD is a generational one.

Oh and if by some miracle we do land him, I am gonna be train every single person on this board to call him "AD" and not "AP." :)

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

Ya know, if Carroll gives Beast mode the ball and he barrels in for a TD, winning the MVP of his second Super Bowl you don't make this post so definitely. It's closer than most people make out.

juck

Reaction score
OP is dead on. I think its almost obvious Peterson is a Cowboy this year. He is on another level from Murray. Romo could drive the bus. Wow that would be insane.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ya know, if Carroll gives Beast mode the ball and he barrels in for a TD, winning the MVP of his second Super Bowl you don't make this post so definitely. It's closer than most people make out.

Lynch still isn't the threat Peterson is. I get he is a good back. But he isnt a back that forces the defensive coordinator to lose sleep scheming to shut down. There is just a difference Peterson brings to the game. When you watch him play you can just feel it. You know the defense is always afraid of him getting the ball...why? He is the strongest and fastest player on the field all the time.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Based on what? Hope is not a plan or a source