If the Cowboys let Murray leave, I'd think AD has to be on the way

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Lynch still isn't the threat Peterson is. I get he is a good back. But he isnt a back that forces the defensive coordinator to lose sleep scheming to shut down. There is just a difference Peterson brings to the game. When you watch him play you can just feel it. You know the defense is always afraid of him getting the ball...why? He is the strongest and fastest player on the field all the time.

I think Lynch has a lot of games like that.

yimyammer

Reaction score
My dream is that the coaches think Ryan Williams can step right in and do as good or better than Murray and they turn out to be correct. Then they take the cap savings from losing Murray and make savvy investments in the defense that pay off and lead to an even better season in 15'

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys let Murray walk, it'll probably be because they have a healthy perspective on the value of 27 year old RBs. We're not going to be short of options at RB next season. I'm not even sorta worried about it.

I am concerned we wont' be able to afford to address the pass rush.

superonyx

Reaction score
If the Cowboys let Murray walk, it'll probably be because they have a healthy perspective on the value of 27 year old RBs. We're not going to be short of options at RB next season. I'm not even sorta worried about it.

I am concerned we wont' be able to afford to address the pass rush.

I love the idea of addressing the pash rush....other than Hardy who is available that will address our lack of pass rush?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the idea of addressing the pash rush....other than Hardy who is available that will address our lack of pass rush?

Have you thought about Greg Hardy?

He's pretty much all I got. With JPP off the market, and Houston tagged, it's slip pickins. We're left rooting around the bargin bins for dented cans like Trent Cole or Brian Orakpo. Or putting Lee back at MLB and drafting a WIL we think can apply pressure. Or moving Lee to WIL and blitzing him (I"d rather have Lee in coverage, though). Or hope the draft-pick fairy gives turns 27 from a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage that will take us to the ball in San Francisco. Maybe that'll happen, right?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Isn't he still a Viking ????

no, there are tons of posts assuring evereryone that Peterson would be released hours into free agency, so the Vikings could go on a free agent spending spree. I haven't kept up, but I'm like 99.9% sure it happened.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
My dream is that the coaches think Ryan Williams can step right in and do as good or better than Murray and they turn out to be correct. Then they take the cap savings from losing Murray and make savvy investments in the defense that pay off and lead to an even better season in 15'

Williams hasn't squashed a grape since getting drafted a few years ago. No way any sane coaching staff would expect Williams to suddenly become a featured RB on a winning NFL team. At best they like his talent, his work in practice and think he can possibly contribute in some limited capacity. Expecting anything more than that is a dream, like you said.

I have no idea what their plan is, but the way they're handling Murrays FA status, they clearly are prepared to lose him. Im beginning to lean towards them receiving some type of assurance from Petersons camp that he will be available and wants to join. But even that seems far-fetched given Peterson is still under contract in Minnesota. Who knows...

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

No air fair. Just a three hour drive. Probably spend the weekend, but not mandatory. Spend all money on tickets; Get to see Romo , witten, dez, and the rest win their second Super Bowl. Unless Houston picks up Brees and makes a run. All Texas Super Bowl. Those tickets will be out of my price range i am thinking!!

Future Super Bowls:

February 7, 2016 at Levi Stadium, currently under construction. The new home of the San Fransisco 49ers

February 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas

February, 2018 Super bowl LII will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Cowboys are close to a title and Murray is a big reason why. JG said so himself. Why would they let him walk over a million or 2 per year. I personally don't think they would unless they had a plan to improve the position. The only player that can bring improvement would be AD. He's all world.

If Murray leaves I'd think the Cowboys have solid info that AD won't be a Viking next year and both parties have a handshake agreement. It's a gamble for sure, but that's what Jerry is all about.

What a novel concept.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Williams hasn't squashed a grape since getting drafted a few years ago. No way any sane coaching staff would expect Williams to suddenly become a featured RB on a winning NFL team. At best they like his talent, his work in practice and think he can possibly contribute in some limited capacity. Expecting anything more than that is a dream, like you said.

I have no idea what their plan is, but the way they're handling Murrays FA status, they clearly are prepared to lose him. Im beginning to lean towards them receiving some type of assurance from Petersons camp that he will be available and wants to join. But even that seems far-fetched given Peterson is still under contract in Minnesota. Who knows...

Key word in my post is "dream"

LittleD

Reaction score
Have you thought about Greg Hardy?

He's pretty much all I got. With JPP off the market, and Houston tagged, it's slip pickins. We're left rooting around the bargin bins for dented cans like Trent Cole or Brian Orakpo. Or putting Lee back at MLB and drafting a WIL we think can apply pressure. Or moving Lee to WIL and blitzing him (I"d rather have Lee in coverage, though). Or hope the draft-pick fairy gives turns 27 from a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage that will take us to the ball in San Francisco. Maybe that'll happen, right?

The Cowboys are not interested in Ryan Mathews or Hardy. No use to keep pushing those names on the board.
In fact, you are not going to hear any names other that maybe one of their own players until next week at the earliest.
I have heard from several personalities at VR that Adrian Clayborn is the main DL prospect that is on the horizon
if a deal can be worked out. Oh, Minn is not going to release AP until June anyway because they are doing the
same routine as we are trying with Carr.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It's freaking comedy that the "experts" on this board talk about how demarco and AD aren't worth 9 million a year but dez who touches the ball 20 percent as much is worth 13 mil a year. Idiotic. Just repeating spoonfed media bs about how a RB "isn't worth it in a passing league".

waving monkey

Reaction score
Because Peterson is the biggest game changing back to come along in the last 10 years. Peterson forces defenses to be accountable for him at all times. The threat of his game breaking runs shakes defenses and changes the game.....

Guys like Lynch, McCoy, Murray are quality backs but Peterson has something different.

I doubt Dallas would do it at this point either way though.

his a has been child abuser

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
If they won't over pay for Murray, what makes you think they'll over pay for AP?

Overpaying for Murray is giving him the same money you give Peterson.

Overpaying Murray is getting into a bidding war with Jacksonville and Oakland.

For emphasis... THE JAGS AND RAIDERS.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Overpaying for Murray is giving him the same money you give Peterson.

Overpaying Murray is getting into a bidding war with Jacksonville and Oakland.

For emphasis... THE JAGS AND RAIDERS.

What's funny is you won't get many people to argue the fact that he is still the best RB in the NFL, but for some reason he should take less than any of the other top back out there??? Demarco Murray has done nothing this guy couldn't do in his sleep. You just wait until you see Demarco in an offense where he is the centerpiece, where there is no Dez Bryant or Tony Romo or stud OL.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I'm fine with letting Murray walk. He gave us 1 good season. Fumbled way too often, and can't take it to the house.

Plus I think he'll be a shell of himself after one more season.

Give me a rookie with blazing speed, and call it a day.