If the Eagles are done with Wentz, the Cowboys need to get him

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
They were 2-3 in games Dak started this year, but realistically when the offense is scoring 32+ ppg, and the defense is giving up 36+ ppg, is it really Dak that was the problem?

You mean they are were 1-3 where Dak Prescott started and actually finished a game and needed their backup to come in and bail them out against the Giants? The offense is also turning the ball over at a record breaking rate. But yea, let's pay the bus driver like an elite QB because that should solve all our ills.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean they are were 1-3 where Dak Prescott started and actually finished a game and needed their backup to come in and bail them out against the Giants? The offense is also turning the ball over at a record breaking rate. But yea, let's pay the bus driver like an elite QB because that should solve all our ills.
No, I said they were 2-3 in games Dak started, and they were, and that's what I meant. When Dak left the Giants game the Cowboys were ahead and deep in Giant territory on the verge of increasing the lead further. On that drive all Dalton contributed was an 11 yard completion and a handoff to Zeke who ran 12 yards for the TD. The rest was with Dak. Accordingly, 31 of the Cowboys 37 points against the Giants were on scoring drives Dak directed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And his teams win loss record was what? Tossing for a million yards and ending up on the wrong side of the score sheet is about as useful to a team as teats on a bull.
tossing millions of yards puts you in position to score.

giving up 36 points or more a game. giving up 200 yards rushing and 300 yard rushing in a game gets you no where....I gaurantee and check for yourself...any team giving up 200 yards rushing has lost their game.

and its obvious from what you just said, undeniably, that all wins and losses are on offense, with defense holding no accountability what so ever,

I encourage you to see giants and washington teams and their very average offenses and very good defenses.....

you just have an agenda to drive. you don't care about football matters. your agenda is clearly, undeniably to knock Dak. you can't even dispute that. come back when you want to talk football

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
actually in the NFL, if you would have cared to read, Dak is the winner of the Giants game. not Dalton. Dalton was handed a lead. given the ball on the 19 of the giants....Dalton proceeded to throw away the game and it wasn't for the heroic acrobatic contortion catch by gallup, we would have lost that game. credit goes to Dak and Gallup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, I said they were 2-3 in games Dak started, and they were, and that's what I meant. When Dak left the Giants game the Cowboys were ahead and deep in Giant territory on the verge of increasing the lead further. On that drive all Dalton contributed was an 11 yard completion and a handoff to Zeke who ran 12 yards for the TD. The rest was with Dak. Accordingly, 31 of the Cowboys 37 points against the Giants were on scoring drives Dak directed.
leave him be. he doesn't know the difference between baseball and football. he thinks wins and losses are counted similar to baseball relief pitchers...

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Except for what we see on the field.
We see Dak choke.
We see Wentz battle every week to help his team.
Data lies. What we see is real.

We see what we want to see, I suppose. There were many games where I saw the only guy battling as #4...just my two cents.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
68% completion, 8.4 yards per throw (3rd), 28th in the league in passing....missing 6 games...only 800 yards behind wentz (LOL), 1st in 1stdonw percentage rate, 22nd in 20+ throws (missing 6 games)...

that doesnt' sound right...you are comparing in a vaccum, over analyzing every throw. expecting perfection and focusing on the ones he missed (so did brady, brees, rodgers, mahomes, etc.).....

the one throw he still has problems with is short crossing pattern where he tends to throw behind the reciever. I believe the issue is change in velocity, since for those throws, you need to take a little something off the speed of the throw, thus he misjudges where to throw and instead the balls are sometimes behind the reciever.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about Dak? I was talking about Wentz.

cowboyec

Reaction score
How exactly am I sticking up for the Eagles QB by saying that Dak Prescott is an average QB? The statement Dak Prescott is an average QB has no bearing on Carson Wentz. Just as saying that Carson Wentz sucks has no bearing on Dak Prescott. The two are mutually exclusive statements.
this entire thread is about carson wentz.
the poster i orginally responded to is sticking up for wentz.
i dont think Dak is average...obviously you do.
but in no way is this thread not about Dak and carson.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
oh, I thought you were talking about Dak...my bad...

The way some bash Dak, that's understandable. Although Dak has had some things he's needed to work on each year, he just needs to continue to work on tweaking things, like most good to great QBs. Wentz needs a complete rebuild at this point.