If the Eagles are done with Wentz, the Cowboys need to get him

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
When Dak throws three inches behind the receiver:

OMG Dak is the worst QB ever!
Cut Dak!
Dak is the reason we have not won a SB in over 25 years!
Dak caused a world wide pandemic!

When Carson Wentz gets benched because he sucks:
We need to trade for him!
He is the best QB ever, he just has a bad OL, RB, WR, TE, FB, K, P, DL, LB, DB, S, OC, DC, C, GM, Owner, Tax Accountant, Dentist, Florist, Mechanic, Window washer, barber, parents, acne.............

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Cut Dak!

He is the best QB ever, he just has a bad OL, RB, WR, TE, FB, K, P, DL, LB, DB, S, OC, DC, C, GM, Owner, Tax Accountant, Dentist, Florist, Mechanic, Window washer, barber, parents, acne.............

I like Wertz. Time for a new address for him. Put him on Indy or Washington and he’ll be just fine.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Better OL than Dallas’s the past few years ? Many experts won’t agree , same for the WR group and add to that the RB position when zeke was in his prime .
and many experts would agree. and prior to mid 2018, you want to argue dallas had a better recieving corp? with stone hand williams!!!

I give you the RB, although they had a two very good RBs down in philly...

the point is Wentz had plenty around him. even this year he is in a better situation with a heck of a lot better defense and he looks like deer in a headlights......wentz...err crystal wentz sucks.

and believe at the draft time I was advocating for us to trade up to get him....and I am glad we didn't......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm all for signing and keeping Dak, but I get tired of people talking about how he had the number one offense.....which is entirely true but misleading. That's a metric totaled in yards only and has nothing to do with scoring or td throws.

Generally, Dak struggles with that aspect in the first couple of quarters in games and it's a regular thing. Then the Cowboys have to play catch up, while also dealing with their defense being exhausted because the offense couldn't do its job.

Note, that's not all on Dak, but he contributes. And he's very good and should be signed...but defending him with the "Number one offense" stance is lame. SCORES are what matters. Who cares if they got 400 yards but can't get in the red zone? Looking at the career stats between Dak and Wentz, there's not a whole lot of difference.....which tells you that stats can certainly mislead because anyone can see Dak is a much better QB than Wentz. Neither are guys that can carry a team and both need plenty of help....but those kind of QB's are super rare.
Dak's struggles as you put it...is no different than any other team or QB not named Mahomes or Rodgers.....

the dang defense giving up 150 yards rushing at half and 30 points at half time is the problem...makes the offense predictable because you just have to pass pass pass....

and still...it doesn't matter about points in the 1st, vs. 3rd....3 minutes to go you are within 3 points......you have a chance...if your defense doesn't give up a 50 yard run to a WR.......

basel90

Reaction score
wait, according to many the losses are all on Dak....so I am confused. are the losses on QB or not? o_O:eek:
The same criteria
and many experts would agree. and prior to mid 2018, you want to argue dallas had a better recieving corp? with stone hand williams!!!

I give you the RB, although they had a two very good RBs down in philly...

the point is Wentz had plenty around him. even this year he is in a better situation with a heck of a lot better defense and he looks like deer in a headlights......wentz...err crystal wentz sucks.

and believe at the draft time I was advocating for us to trade up to get him....and I am glad we didn't......
Good points . The D of philly was certainly better . Dak is the better QB overall and glad weather cowboys did not invest in Wentz .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Good post. I always contend and argue that the O is not solely on the QB.
A lot of it? Of course, but you have Kellen Moore calling plays. You have Zeke fumbling the ball like it's a hot potato. You have WR's dropping balls like cray last year (I know you could harp on some of Dak's placements and that's valid), but the fact remains that while the QB is the field general, he is not the end all, be all of the team and the O.

And no matter who the QB is for the 'Boys my arguments will remain the same.

I guess that's why so many think I'm a Dak apologist.
No, I argue against simplistic thinking.
no no no....all wins is the team...all losses are Dak. end of story.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Agreed that simply pointing to #1 offense doesn't tell the whole story and can be misleading, but it wasn't just yardage. They were scoring big too when Dak was playing (32+ ppg). If they weren't #1 in scoring before Dak got hurt they had to be very close to it. I think most of the struggles in the first half this year were from the turnovers - mostly fumbles, And those were in a few individual games, but overall I don't believe there a huge gap between 1st half and 2nd half scoring.
most of the struggles were defense giving up 36 points, 3 times they gave up 200 yards rushing and one of those ended up 300....generally if you give up 200 yards, you are going to lose...the defense was historic bad.....HISTORIC BAD

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Cut Dak!

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

The Cleaner

Reaction score
He's going to need a good QB coach. Lots of overthrows and missed receivers this year when he's had them open. He's feeling defensive pressure even when it's not there, which happens to quarterbacks when they've been hit a lot. Someone is going to have to get him to settle his feet, trust his mechanics and just let the ball go. Quarterbacks start pressing and try too hard to aim the pass.

Wentz's mechanics are really bad this year, I think he may be beyond coaching. He's over striding when throwing the ball, and thus not getting enough hip torque in his throws, and then sometimes compensating with his arm, and he is not pointing his front foot at the receiver he is throwing to, and then sometimes compensating with his arm, among other things. Those are theoretically easy things to fix, but the fact that they don't get fixed at all has got to be a bad sign. He needs an off-season that is nothing but mechanics, he kind of reminds me of a basketball player who has lost his free throw form. He has never had great arm mechanics, he has always been kind of a windup guy like Byron Leftwich was, kind of the opposite of Tony Romo. I can't see him going to any other team because the Eagles can't cut him without a 59 million dollar cap him pre June 1st, and they are going to struggle getting under the cap as it is. Even if they traded him, no team is going to pay $25 million to try Wentz out, and the Eagles would have to eat a 10 million dollar roster bonus plus other guaranteed money just to trade him at that cap number to another team. The Eagles have probably at least a 3 year rebuild because of that contract, and they have few good young players to build around.

If the Cowboys don't win the division next year it will be criminal; they will probably be the only team with a quarterback in the division. Even this year, with an o-line decimated with injuries, with getting almost no turnovers, and with a backup qb for many of their games, they still lead the NFC East in points per game. All they need is normal health luck, and competent enough coaching on the defensive side of the ball to get players to actually perform the coverages and run fits they are supposed to perform.

kid1150

Reaction score
still don't get Cowboys fans sticking up for wentz...

This is one of several reasons, and perhaps the main reason, why most Cowboys fans defend Dak to almost a fault, and rightly so. They're Cowboys fans. It doesn't mean they think Dak is faultless, but when one who confesses to be a Cowboys fan then has the gall to start a thread like this on a Cowboys forum, its feels like betrayal, a slap in the face if you will. Naturally, folks will come out with fists (words) swinging. Perhaps, that's the OP's intent all along, to invoke a response?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lol, man this board really hates Dak. Wentz is not better than Dak. If he comes here, he will come and backup the best QB in the NFC East. Maybe the NFC.

Agreed, I think Wentz has proven he's FAR inferior to Dak. Keep Dak! Don't trade for Wentz the bust.

cowboyec

Reaction score
This is one of several reasons, and perhaps the main reason, why most Cowboys fans defend Dak to almost a fault, and rightly so. They're Cowboys fans. It doesn't mean they think Dak is faultless, but when one who confesses to be a Cowboys fan then has the gall to start a thread like this on a Cowboys forum, its feels like betrayal, a slap in the face if you will. Naturally, folks will come out with fists (words) swinging. Perhaps, that's the OP's intent all along, to invoke a response?
AMEN.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Especially when the evidence CLEARLY show that Dak is SUPERIOR to Wentz.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think he'll go to the Colts and be great for them.

It was obvious he was going to struggle this year before the season started. He'll bounce back

Colts are my guess as well....but I would trade Dak straight up...and feel like I stole him. :popcorn: