If the Eagles get Mariota, I will be upset

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think if Chip Kelly gets his guy, in his system, it will not be good for the rest of the East. My hope is that the Titans who need a QB, just draft him.

Many of you will say he will be a bust - I think I've seen the Eagles plug in a bunch of guys who have played well and the threat of the run from MM is what their offense is missing.

Please - someone else draft this guy!!!!!!

cds99

Reaction score
I also think he will be a threat against the rest of the nfc. This kid will be good

dallasdave

Reaction score
I think if Chip Kelly gets his guy, in his system, it will not be good for the rest of the East. My hope is that the Titans who need a QB, just draft him.

Many of you will say he will be a bust - I think I've seen the Eagles plug in a bunch of guys who have played well and the threat of the run from MM is what their offense is missing.

Please - someone else draft this guy!!!!!!

Kelly had this planned all along.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Who cares about the Eagles?

Okay, I'll play. They'll have to give up the farm to get Marcus. Go ahead Chubby Genius, fire away and get your QB! They'll get there one offensive player to run his college game plan, and we'll continue bolstering our defense.

roy31

Reaction score
They are saying philly will trade Bradford to Cleveland for a first and use that first rounder and there's to trade to Tennessee for mariota

canters

Reaction score
IF the Eagles fly with Marcus, it will not be this year or next. They have given away/lost most of their skill guys and according to report this morning, will give up their best defensice player too if needed to move up. And that does not take into consideration the draft picks.

This is a huge and risky move for Chip. It could crash, or succeed well down the road.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why?
They will have to give up a ton to get him; some are saying they may even use Cox.
If they trade Cox, their defense takes a HUGE step back.

It's easier to fix a defense than find an elite QB. And I think with Chip Kelly, Mariota will be an elite QB. That offense will be nearly unstoppable to the point they might not need a great defense........... only a decent one.

Sydla

Reaction score
I remember that same thought a few years ago when the Commanders took RGIII. College is not the NFL.

RG3 went to a team with a dysfunctional coaching staff and was running a hodge podge system.

Mariota will be going to play for the coach who recruited him in college, coached him in college and a team that has the ideal system already in place for you.

The comparisons are not nearly the same.

canters

Reaction score
Just hope that JJ does not take Petty at 27 or slightly later after a move back. The Saints are trying to drive up his value or fake someone into taking him before 31, per PFT. If we take Petty at 27 ish, won't matter what Chip does.