If the Eagles get Mariota, I will be upset

Sydla

Reaction score
Just hope that JJ does not take Petty at 27 or slightly later after a move back. The Saints are trying to drive up his value or fake someone into taking him before 31, per PFT. If we take Petty at 27 ish, won't matter what Chip does.

LOL.

There is no chance we take Petty at 27. Stop.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
RG3 went to a team with a dysfunctional coaching staff and was running a hodge podge system.

Mariota will be going to play for the coach who recruited him in college, coached him in college and a team that has the ideal system already in place for you.

The comparisons are not nearly the same.

That dysfunctional coaching staff went to the playoffs in RGIII's 1st year, then the NFL figured him out, just like they are doing with Kelly's system.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Regardless of what all the talking heads speculate, Mariotta is not going to drop out of the top two. And Philly will have to mortgage several years of the future to get him. Have at it Philly.
And will get results similar to the Commanders.

John813

Reaction score
I remember that same thought a few years ago when the Commanders took RGIII. College is not the NFL.

iirc the Commanders offense wasn't really tailored to RG3. Of course, injuries and attitude I think sunk any chance of RG3 of being good there.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I don't believe in that guy yet....
and right now I don't believe in them...
but hey, anything is possible

waving monkey

Reaction score
Why?
They will have to give up a ton to get him; some are saying they may even use Cox.
If they trade Cox, their defense takes a HUGE step back.

They dont have a QB and if you dont have a QB you dont have a championship team
yes I know Parcells and others disagree
however I bet the Browns are the team if Titans trade

waving monkey

Reaction score
Just hope that JJ does not take Petty at 27 or slightly later after a move back. The Saints are trying to drive up his value or fake someone into taking him before 31, per PFT. If we take Petty at 27 ish, won't matter what Chip does.

I never have read that suggestion anywhere

laythewood28

Reaction score
They are saying philly will trade Bradford to Cleveland for a first and use that first rounder and there's to trade to Tennessee for mariota
Sam Bradford isn't going to sign an extension with Cleveland so I don't see that happening. If they want Mariota, Cox and Kendricks are going to have to be part of the deal.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
If the Eagles wheel and deal to get Mariota, the media love fest will be nonstop.

Eddie

Reaction score
If the Iggles gets Mariota, I will be very happy because I know they will need to give up multiple first round picks leaving them high and dry over the next few years. Mariota can play catch with himself, block for himself, and play D as well.

laythewood28

Reaction score
I think the Jets have the best shot at drafting Mariota. Wilkerson and the 6th pick is a pretty good deal for Tenn.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I think if Chip Kelly gets his guy, in his system, it will not be good for the rest of the East. My hope is that the Titans who need a QB, just draft him.

Many of you will say he will be a bust - I think I've seen the Eagles plug in a bunch of guys who have played well and the threat of the run from MM is what their offense is missing.

Please - someone else draft this guy!!!!!!

yea right! Im hoping Eagles get him. First I think he will be a bust. 2nd they will give up a lot to get him. 3rd he will still be a rookie and make rookie mistakes so it makes our games easier against the Eagles this coming season then against Bradford. 4th by the time they realize Mariota is a bust Kelly will be fired and Eagles will be sent back 5 years

Eagles getting Mariota is a win win for Dallas.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
It's easier to fix a defense than find an elite QB. And I think with Chip Kelly, Mariota will be an elite QB. That offense will be nearly unstoppable to the point they might not need a great defense........... only a decent one.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am not nearly as confident as you that this one player who has yet to play a single down in the NFL will make that team unstoppable. He may very well end up being a great young QB, but I don't think it'll happen in year one of his career. I'm not sure it'll ever happen. Philly would be taking a great risk by mortgaging their near-term future to acquire him (heck, if he is not everything they think him to be, it will set them back for several years, at least). I'm sure they would think the reward outweighs the risk, but I don't. Of course, I don't know a whole lot about anything...so there is that little caveat.