If the Eagles get Mariota, I will be upset

Rogah

Reaction score
No price is too great to pay for a franchise QB, but the question is: Is Mariota a franchise QB?

I honestly don't know. I like him a lot though and I would much rather have him than Winston.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think if Chip Kelly gets his guy, in his system, it will not be good for the rest of the East. My hope is that the Titans who need a QB, just draft him.

Many of you will say he will be a bust - I think I've seen the Eagles plug in a bunch of guys who have played well and the threat of the run from MM is what their offense is missing.

Please - someone else draft this guy!!!!!!

Seriously???????

I'm hoping they mortgage everything just like the Commanders did.....love how that worked out for Washington so far. :lmao:

If the rumors of this years #1 and #2 and next years #1......Cox and Kendrick.......to Tennessee

That leaves that D swiss cheese.....w/ no ammo to reload for years.

Please.....please pull that trigger:thumbup:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Chip Kelly gets his guy, in his system, it will not be good for the rest of the East. My hope is that the Titans who need a QB, just draft him.

Many of you will say he will be a bust - I think I've seen the Eagles plug in a bunch of guys who have played well and the threat of the run from MM is what their offense is missing.

Please - someone else draft this guy!!!!!!

Do we need to change your name from Joe Realist with No Kool-aid here under your name to Joe I'm Skeered with teeth chattering under your name.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If the Iggles gets Mariota, I will be very happy because I know they will need to give up multiple first round picks leaving them high and dry over the next few years. Mariota can play catch with himself, block for himself, and play D as well.

The skins had to give up three 1's and a 2 to move from pick #6 to pick #2...what would be the cost to move from #20 up to #2 I'm sorry, I simply cannot see Marriota being anywhere near worth what he'll cost. Now if Tennessee decides to sell the #2 pick cheap, (as in the eagles acquire the 12th pick from Cleveland (Bradford trade) and only have to give the 12th and 20th pick to move up to #2) then the eagles may be onto something. That said, I don't think Tennessee would be that stupid (would they???)

chicago JK

Reaction score
It would be fascinating to watch. I think Chip is an excellent coach and I think his system will work. Although some of his personnel moves so far have been questionable and so far it doesn't look like he has that Jimmy Johnson personnel touch.

The good for Philly is Chip has won 20 games over his first two years and has gotten good QB play from two guys who I am not sure are starting NFL quarterbacks. If he gets a good starting QB and one that fits his scheme, I think his offense is more more difficult to defend. Philly has/had a lot of guys running open over the past two years. If you add a qb who knows the offense and can also escape pressure, I think the offense goes up a couple of notches.

The bad for Philly is if Marietta doesn't succeed it pushes them back quite a bit. Plus if Kelly leaves, you are sort of pigeon holed with a QB who may not be able to succeed in a traditional pro offense.

It is a fascinating story.

LandryFan

Reaction score
that year he played through the acl injury ruined his career....

I hear ya, but the last time I checked the ACL was in the knee region somewhere. RG3 seems to have worse problems in his head and his heart.

LandryFan

Reaction score
yea right! Im hoping Eagles get him. First I think he will be a bust. 2nd they will give up a lot to get him. 3rd he will still be a rookie and make rookie mistakes so it makes our games easier against the Eagles this coming season then against Bradford. 4th by the time they realize Mariota is a bust Kelly will be fired and Eagles will be sent back 5 years

Eagles getting Mariota is a win win for Dallas.

Don't know that I would go as far as you in predicting doom and gloom, but I think you're a lot nearer being right than those predicting MM will lead Philly to the Promised Land.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
God, I hope they get him. I don't think even Chippy is dumb enough to move up to get Mariota though. It will take just too much to make it happen.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Seriously???????

I'm hoping they mortgage everything just like the Commanders did.....love how that worked out for Washington so far. :lmao:

If the rumors of this years #1 and #2 and next years #1......Cox and Kendrick.......to Tennessee

That leaves that D swiss cheese.....w/ no ammo to reload for years.

Please.....please pull that trigger:thumbup:

Yep.

Probably two of their top 3-4 defenders along with those picks. They don't have a WR that scares anyone at this point. I'd love to see the Eagles nake that move for a QB that is a questionable franchise guy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think I may try to get a patent on "The Original Chip Kelly Buddha"

We'd have many takers in this forum, and it would be bowed down to regularly.

:laugh::igglestrophy:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Once the Buccaneers choice is made, it will be a chaotic ten minutes.

I hope it ends with a Berman "WHOA" and Goodell explaining a long complicated trade where the Eagles give up the farm.

That would start an excellent night.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
No price is too great to pay for a franchise QB, but the question is: Is Mariota a franchise QB?

I honestly don't know. I like him a lot though and I would much rather have him than Winston.

I agree with Rogah.

Even the RG3 deal would be a good one from a Washington perspective if he was.. better.

If Mariotta (or any 'franchise' QB) is the real deal, almost any price is worth it.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
dola.

Imagine Staubach or Aikman, or anyone else of that ilk sitting there on the draft board, how much would you want your team to give up to select them?

Couple first rounders, your best DT, etc.. you get my point.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dola.

Imagine Staubach or Aikman, or anyone else of that ilk sitting there on the draft board, how much would you want your team to give up to select them?

Couple first rounders, your best DT, etc.. you get my point.

But the idea here is that if Mariota were like either of those two, Tennessee would just take them and would not entertain trading down.

Mariota is not for everybody. That said I hope Kelly thinks he is the end all be all for his system which he is a extremely proud of.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
But the idea here is that if Mariota were like either of those two, Tennessee would just take them and would not entertain trading down.

Mariota is not for everybody. That said I hope Kelly thinks he is the end all be all for his system which he is a extremely proud of.

Every team has different ideas, perspectives.

Tenn. apparently was entertaining a Rivers trade, they like veteran QBs.

Mettenberger may be someone they think they can work with.

But yes, if Tenn. really believed an Aikman/Staubach was sitting there they probably wouldn't trade, but if i'm a Philly fan and Kelly truly believes Mariotta is that special, i wouldn't care who they traded for him.

Quick edit.. but if they do, i hope he busts big time.

superonyx

Reaction score
Why in the world would Cleveland give up a first for Bradford?

Exactly. Bradford is playing in the last year of his contract. He will be a free agent next year. Who is giving up a first to rent an underachieving soon to be free agent QB?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I am calling the Titans and leaving a message for Whisenhunt to draft and keep MM