If the Egirls can coax Josh McCown, 40, back, can we not pursue Romo?

uvaballa

Reaction score
SMH how long do you think he’d last if he returned? Also are you going to pay him top dollar $30million/year because I’d highly doubt he’d come back for what he was making.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
These numbers show the following when Dak throws the ball 20+ yards:

Top-10 in pass yards per attempt.
7th in touchdowns (7), pass TD% (13.0), and interceptions (2).
6th in rating (107.6)

Is 20+ yards not deep enough for you? Good thing that Sturm also has the stats for 30+ yards, too!

From 30+ yards, Dak Prescott’s stats now look like the following:

5th in touchdowns (4).
7th in pass TD% (14.3).
1st in interceptions (0).
2nd in rating (118.8).

30 isn't really deep enough. Do you have stats for 70+ yard passes? Air yards, if course.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When you have fans trying to sell Dak as a franchise QB I mean common man how serious can you get with this conversation.
Might as well have a realistic LOL and move on as life is precious.....

Like I said in a previous post. If you want Dak gone that’s fine. You’re entitled to your opinion.

Thinking a retired Romo who is pushing 40 years old, is going to come be the savior, just isn’t realistic. It’s downright silly.

I guarantee you that Romo wouldn’t be ready to play. Again, starting QB’s have to actually train and practice to be at the top of their game. Nobody is just picking up a football with no off-season, no training camp and not having played for 2 years and coming in to play at a high level. That’s just silliness.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I really hope some of you are as young as you post.

We all want to see the Cowboys win more, but it's like a rom full of kids who are mad Uncle Jerry didn't get them what they wanted for Xmas.
yes, grandad, and angry for a QUARTER CENTURY OF LOSS!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Like I said in a previous post. If you want Dak gone that’s fine. You’re entitled to your opinion.

Thinking a retired Romo who is pushing 40 years old, is going to come be the savior, just isn’t realistic. It’s downright silly.

I guarantee you that Romo wouldn’t be ready to play. Again, starting QB’s have to actually train and practice to be at the top of their game. Nobody is just picking up a football with no off-season, no training camp and not having played for 2 years and coming in to play at a high level. That’s just silliness.

Your silliness is crushing in the dreams of Cowboys fans.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
One last point.

Romo hasn’t trained or practiced in over two years.

He hasn’t played a meaningful game in 3 years.

How come All of the best QB’s spend all off-season training, practicing, throwing to receivers, going to QB camps?

Do they just do all that stuff for the heck of it? To kill time? Or does it take all that preparation and practice to keep playing at a high level?

To think Any QB could just come back after years off with no training or practice, and just lace them up and lead a team on a super bowl run, quite frankly is just silly nonsense.

So ... You seem worried about Dak's security?
Are you?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, the Egirls are getting McCowen back as backup QB!

I say go on bended knee to Romo, get him back temporarily from broadcasting, give Romo $28 mil a year for two years.
And tell Dak to play out his contract.

I was no fan of Romo, but, boy howdy! I miss the accurate long ball!!!!
give Romo $28 mil a year........ well Gimme that is less than what jerry offered dak!! That would be an insult!
How about 50 mil for 1 year ?? This year!
And then maybe tony would be interested, and maybe CBS would let him do it.
The reason CBS would let him, is that it would be the biggest story of the season, and it would just be for 1 season.
Then if Tony won the SB, then they get back Ring Romo !

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Look, I was a huge Romo fan. I thought he should’ve been reinserted back in 2016 as soon as he was healthy. That being said, he has missed multiple seasons now. It would be a disaster

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Romo could come back with 1 eye,drunk, and holding a golf club in his left hand and still out throw Dak......

And he'd be hurt very quickly. When is the last time that overrated QB played a full season? 2012? Not even as good as Philip Rivers yet this fanbase has some revisionist history love affair with some middle of the pack overrated QB who never accomplished anything.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Romo could step off of the plane wrong and season over.. His body called it quits and there's nothing that you can do at that point. The only way he could play is if the NFL banned tackling the quarterback..

JBond

Reaction score
Yeah, the Egirls are getting McCowen back as backup QB!

I say go on bended knee to Romo, get him back temporarily from broadcasting, give Romo $28 mil a year for two years.
And tell Dak to play out his contract.

I was no fan of Romo, but, boy howdy! I miss the accurate long ball!!!!
Wish there was a time stamp on this post. Viewing from the phone.

That said, are you insane?

Interesting non the less.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wish there was a time stamp on this post. Viewing from the phone.

That said, are you insane?

Interesting non the less.
2 weeks ago when the Eagles got back Josh McCown, 40, back from retirement.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
...Romo's a smooth talking chubby golfer now...lol!

I mean, damn, Romo's story really is one of the best I've ever seen.

He didn't win the Super Bowl.

But, dude, look at the career he did have, and the life he's living now.

Romo won.

Big time.

I actually would like to see him come back and play for us, even as a back up...

Stranger things have happened...

Seeing him go makes me start to feel my age....

Ron12

Reaction score
SMH how long do you think he’d last if he returned? Also are you going to pay him top dollar $30million/year because I’d highly doubt he’d come back for what he was making.
Wow I hope you are Joking the Eagles are not dealing with a QB who has been Retired 3 years with a bad back !:huh::huh: