If the Egirls can coax Josh McCown, 40, back, can we not pursue Romo?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah, the Egirls are getting McCowen back as backup QB!

I say go on bended knee to Romo, get him back temporarily from broadcasting, give Romo $28 mil a year for two years.
And tell Dak to play out his contract.

I was no fan of Romo, but, boy howdy! I miss the accurate long ball!!!!

We are going to watch Dak throw to Gallup like he did last night . You go and bend over for Romo and hold your hand on your butt waiting for him to come back till it grows there and you are unable to post crap like this . Sheesh

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We are going to watch Dak throw to Gallup like he did last night . You go and bend over for Romo and hold your hand on your butt waiting for him to come back till it grows there and you are unable to post crap like this . Sheesh
Your mum, who taught you well, would be proud of you.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Oh Toooooooooony!"

Dispatcher: "9-1-1. What is your emergency?"
Caller: "I think there is someone lurking outside my house."
<Dispatcher hears crying in the background>
Dispatcher: "Sir, are there children in the home with you?"
Caller: "Yes. They saw the person through a window. Just wait a second Rivers."
Unidentified Voice on Line: "Daddddddy!!! It's the Cryptkeeper!!!"
Caller: "Miss could you please send someone here and... wait... OMG! IT IS THE CRYPTKEEPER!" *click*
Dispatcher: "Sir? Sir? Hello?"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Romo wouldn’t come back for a backup role and less money.

Maybe coaching down the line.

Romo is one of my all-time favorites but his body quit on him, too. I'm glad everything worked out for Tony in his personal life because everything in football always had a tragic ending with him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo is one of my all-time favorites but his body quit on him, too. I'm glad everything worked out for Tony in his personal life because everything in football always had a tragic ending with him.

I am almost positive Romo will one day try out offensive coordinator (he says he wants to be defensive coordinator, but I think he was bragging a bit there)

And it seems he succeeds in whatever he sets his mind to - so I am sure he will do well once he goes into coaching

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"Oh Toooooooooony!"

Dispatcher: "9-1-1. What is your emergency?"
Caller: "I think there is someone lurking outside my house."
<Dispatcher hears crying in the background>
Dispatcher: "Sir, are there children in the home with you?"
Caller: "Yes. They saw the person through a window. Just wait a second Rivers."
Unidentified Voice on Line: "Daddddddy!!! It's the Cryptkeeper!!!"
Caller: "Miss could you please send someone here and... wait... OMG! IT IS THE CRYPTKEEPER!" *click*
Dispatcher: "Sir? Sir? Hello?"

So lucidity is not a prerequisite to being a mod ....

Lutonio

Reaction score
Because McCown was sitting in his couch doing nothing and eating chips. Romo is getting paid millions to sit in an air conditioned room and be loved by fans for talking about a sport that he loves.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am almost positive Romo will one day try out offensive coordinator (he says he wants to be defensive coordinator, but I think he was bragging a bit there)

And it seems he succeeds in whatever he sets his mind to - so I am sure he will do well once he goes into coaching

Romo would be an excellent coach, but I think he's already on his way to being one of the best game commentators in TV history.

I wonder if he would give that up for the long hours and the stress of going back into the NFL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo would be an excellent coach, but I think he's already on his way to being one of the best game commentators in TV history.

I wonder if he would give that up for the long hours and the stress of going back into the NFL.
That would be interesting to speculate about. Romo has opportunities to expand beyond his career within the television industry. He is an already established and marketable commercial spokesperson. He could do much without ever returning to the daily football grind.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

He’s a competitor who never got a super bowl ring - so I am sure that eats at him. Another way of getting it is coaching and he still says he is interested in doing that down the line

But yes, I am sure CBS wants to keep their young popular commentator there to draw in viewers and money is often more convincing than passion. Plus, there is the family aspect and having to pack up and move elsewhere if he doesn’t stick with a Texas team.