If the Patriots are interested in QBs and they have Brady, why don't we?

jnday

Reaction score
I didn't read through all 4 pages, but I think they are interested in a QB, simply for picks. I think they are thinking, if they replace Mallet a year before he is a FA, they will get a better compensatory pick for him, since they will not have a replacement, the year he goes to FA.

There was some rumors coming it of Houstonearly on that said they was going to trade for Mallet during the draft IIRC.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think we are interested in QBs. Leaks have shown how highly we were interested in Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles and Colin Kaepernick. Four franchise guys. Our track record of QBs we were willing to pick over the past few years has been absolutely fantastic. I trust they will make the right choice this year and draft Aaron Murray out of Georgia :).

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Our track record of QBs we were willing to pick over the past few years has been absolutely fantastic.

That right there is pure gold. Just Priceless! Classic.

Our track record of not picking the right guys has been absolutely fantastic!

CashMan

Reaction score
There was some rumors coming it of Houstonearly on that said they was going to trade for Mallet during the draft IIRC.

I heard those. But, I think NE is interested in a QB in the draft, because they are going to let Mallett walk, and want a pick in return. IF they waited for him to walk, then replaced him, they would not get a pick.

dstovall5

Reaction score
But they are consistent winners year after year. They have become the team that Dallas was during the Landry years. I think many of us would be happy to have the success that the Pats have has over the last few years instead of the trend the current team is in. The current team has broke many records, but the records are for bad play.

They might've had more success recently, but as a franchise over the years New England isn't close to Dallas.

Every franchise goes through ups and downs, even the mighty New England Patriots had a drought of 29 years before they won a super bowl. San Francisco 49ers had a drought of 19 years, Pittsburgh Steelers had a drought of 25 years, Green Bay Packers had a drought of 28 years, mean while Dallas is in a current streak of 18 years. All teams have a rough patch or two where they struggle, even the great franchises that have 3+ super bowls.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
That right there is pure gold. Just Priceless! Classic.

Our track record of not picking the right guys has been absolutely fantastic!

We were picks away from having Kaepernick, Wilson, Foles and Dalton... Should we have traded up for each one? Our scouting has been excellent these past few seasons, don't understand the hate.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We were picks away from having Kaepernick, Wilson, Foles and Dalton... Should we have traded up for each one? Our scouting has been excellent these past few seasons, don't understand the hate.

There's no hate bro.

Its just funny to say we had those guys rated fairly high but we didnt take them and then say we've done absolutely fantastic because we thot about it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
There's no hate bro.

Its just funny to say we had those guys rated fairly high but we didnt take them and then say we've done absolutely fantastic because we thot about it.

I get what you're saying, but my point is it's amazing how on-point our evaluations have been on these players. To think, over the past few years pretty much every QB outside of the first round that has been a hit was highly liked by our scouting department. It's almost Madden-like.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Johnny "Football" will be another in a long line of 1st round QB busts and out of the league in 3 to 4 years...

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If teddy B is there at 16.. And we don't take him.. The nachos will be thrown at the TV.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because we don't want to hurt little Tony's feelings.

Has he ever once acted like something like this would hurt his feelings?
Ever?

If you don't like him, fine.
But there' no reason to make crap up

Then again, if your saying this due to what's in Jerry's mind vs reality...you may have a point.

Last edited:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'm skeptical about Derek Carr. I don't want anything to do with Teddy Bridgewater and Logan Thomas kind of scares me as well. Other than that there's some good QBs available. Blake Bortles is gonna be good in the right place.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We won't be drafting JFB so please give me Murray. This kid is going to be a good one if not for the injury he is a first rounder. I think Dallas knows that and that's why Wade and the scouts went to see him. JMO