CFZ If the QB doesn't get a new contract, how will you watch this season?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posed this in another thread but thought it would be an interesting topic here, if all posters can really be honest with their answers.

First off, I am going to say Prescott is a more polarizing player than Romo was and I could see fans of the team actually pulling against their own team to try and get rid of him.

It is an oddity but it is there, many just don't want him to be the DC QB. The question is enough to pull against him and the team?

I gotta say, if I disliked him at QB as much as some here do, and evidently that is not exclusive to the Zone, I might be tempted to pull for a QB crash and burn.

And I am not going to ask if not him, then whom because those that really dislike Prescott do not care, I really do believe they have arrived at "anyone but him".

I am also not going to say if they go that route they are not good fans. Plenty of fans have pulled for their teams to get worse in order to get better.

So, my question is mainly to those that do not like him. If he does not get a new contract, can you pull for him and the team knowing he will get another one and most likely larger than the extension he might have gotten?

Oh, I know, the Joneses intend on extending him but they intended on getting him on a new contract before they had to do that 160M one. He's bet on himself before and won.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I posed this in another thread but thought it would be an interesting topic here, if all posters can really be honest with their answers.

First off, I am going to say Prescott is a more polarizing player than Romo was and I could see fans of the team actually pulling against their own team to try and get rid of him.

It is an oddity but it is there, many just don't want him to be the DC QB. The question is enough to pull against him and the team?

I gotta say, if I disliked him at QB as much as some here do, and evidently that is not exclusive to the Zone, I might be tempted to pull for a QB crash and burn.

And I am not going to ask if not him, then whom because those that really dislike Prescott do not care, I really do believe they have arrived at "anyone but him".

I am also not going to say if they go that route they are not good fans. Plenty of fans have pulled for their teams to get worse in order to get better.

So, my question is mainly to those that do not like him. If he does not get a new contract, can you pull for him and the team knowing he will get another one and most likely larger than the extension he might have gotten?

Oh, I know, the Joneses intend on extending him but they intended on getting him on a new contract before they had to do that 160M one. He's bet on himself before and won.

Careful! It's a trap...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is he supposed to get a new contract this season ?

I thought he was going to be playing this season for a new extension next year?

So are we rooting for him to have a good season this year and resigning him or not.

Im for having a good season this year. And let the chips fall where they may.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never concern myself with contracts, salary cap. I have no issues with Prescott being the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. One position to positions, does not break or make a team. This is the best supporting cast coaching staff we’ve had in quite some time.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is he supposed to get a new contract this season ?

I thought he was going to be playing this season for a new extension next year?

So are we rooting for him to have a good season this year and resigning him or not.

Im for having a good season this year. And let the chips fall where they may.
That’s one of the things I like about our quarterback, let me prove myself and then pay me.

75boyz

Reaction score
Will still root for the team although I'm not his biggest supporter.
Just like I'm not a big fan of the GM or HC either.

Diehard called it for me in a previous post. Having to root for the sum of the team while not approving of several individual moving parts.

I've been separating my personal opinions on those 3 most important individual moving parts while staying loyal to the team and will continue to do it like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Will still root for the team although I'm not his biggest supporter.
Just like I'm not a big fan of the GM or HC either.

Diehard called it for me in a previous post. Having to root for the sum of the team while not approving of several individual moving parts.

I've been separating my personal opinions on those 3 most important individual moving parts while staying loyal to the team and will continue to do it like that.
Yea, besides rooting for a flop season doesn’t guarantee Jethro wouldn’t still resign Dak.

Cwby41

Reaction score
I seriously don't understand this. Regardless of who is playing where I could never root against MY team. I picked them 48 yrs ago, they did not pick me. How can you want your team to lose regardless of the player. I think some on here that are younger fall into this modern day thinking like they are owed something, and if they want it they have to get it right now. There are players besides QB over the years that I liked and disliked but it never stopped me from being a fan all the time. We want the Star on the side of the helmet to win period It does not matter who or what is underneath that uniform. In a perfect world they are all a Roger Staubach, D Ware, Drew Pearson type of person and athlete but that is never going to happen. So please for the love of God just hope and pray our team wins regardless of who is playing where. By the way do you realize how difficult it is to win? When was the last time Pittsburgh, San Fran or even Green Bay has won. The Packers had 2 of the all time greatest QBs to ever play the game and have 2 Lombardis to show for it. I like Dan, I realize he is not an Elite QB but give the man his due. he is in that next tier, he works hard, represents us with class and works his *** off. Elite QBs are extremely rare. I believe at this time the only person in the league playing at that level is Mahomes. So get a grip on reality

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I've never really worried about player contracts as much as their performance on the field. Just me, but I don't see any fan rooting for their "team" who will want ANY player on that team to fail. We have a few posters that say they root for the Cowboys, not Dak. How is that possible? I know some fans are scared to death that Dak will lead up to the NFCCG this season and likely get an extension to finish his career here. I personally will be tickled pink, coz the fact he's gotten over that hump puts us right at the doorstep of the big dance. In other words, if he leads us to the NFCCG, yes I'm extending him with a top 5-3 contract offer.

I don't care what anyone says when you are that close.......you don't start over. You build on that......

As for the critics that want him gone at any cost..........tough luck