If They Were Smart They'd Wait Until After The Philly Game To Bring Dak Back

Dre11

Reaction score
The play of Cooper Rush seems to have the Cowboys in a hurry to get Dak back as soon as possible to avoid any kind of media QB controversy, but this could back fire big time for them.

If they were smart they'd not bring Dak back for the Rams game as it seems to be reported that he's targeted for his comeback for that one.

The Cowboys could potentially be 3-0 with Rush as the QB going into that game and Dak coming back for that one seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dak probably won't be fully healed, going up against a pretty good defense, and the defending Super Bowl champs. Then you have the Eagles the next game when they look like world beaters right now.

Dak got trash threw at him after 3 quarters and an injury this year. Imagine what will happen if we lose to the Rams and Eagles and Dak plays bad.....

You'd think the Cowboys would perfer Rush play those games instead of Dak, but then again, what if Rush plays great and we win? Then the flames are fueled even more.

You think the fanbase is toxic now when it comes to Dak, just wait until he's rushed back and plays bad.

It has nothing to do with Rush play..:lmao2:

Cmac

Reaction score
Yep......why speed the process up? Cooper Rush is sustaining......if it ain't broke, don't fix-it. And if Cooper shines against Rams & Eagles......it's a good thing. And if Cooper is removed before the Rams & Eagles......who we really protecting?

Dre11

Reaction score
The Cowboys want to get Dak back as soon as possible because they’re not generating a whole lot of offense and points. We’re surviving with the running game and great defense. If we can’t run the ball and the D has a rough outing we’re going be in serious trouble with Rush. With him at QB we can’t afford to get down by two scores. We can’t put him in a position where he has to play come from behind all day. We’re not scoring many TDs with him. I certainly wouldn’t bring back Dak for the Philly game it’s going be a hornets nest in Philadelphia. We need to stay with Cooper Rush until we lose a game with him that way there’s no controversy. If we bench him while he’s winning and Dak returns and doesn’t play well resulting in a loss the fans will be livid! All it’s going to take is one bad performance by Rush to get everyone off his bandwagon. We all know how everyone lives in the moment here.

Now why are you ruining the thread starter agenda with common sense:muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All this sounds nice and all but when he gets medical clearance, he will start. It's as simple as that.......think about it. What did MM say after Jerry's silly _____ comment? Dak is our starting QB. In other words, there's nothing Rush can do with a short sampling of games to change that. You can't play politics with a $40M QB. If you've lost confidence in him, you bench him and get ready to move on but I shouldn't have to say, they are nowhere near that zip code.

I expect you're right about that. If nothing else, it well serves the idea that MM actually has some say-so as the Cowboys' HC. o_O

I also think Jerry's recent statement about being willing to consider Rush as a starter carries weight, if events happen to call for it.

Of course, whether or not he stated that to placate the fans who are somewhat enamored with Cooper Rush, remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nah. I’ll be here every step of the way to let everyone know you’re a Cowboys hating troll. You and your Bro, Pappydawg.
I think it's interesting that people who disagree with someone else's view considers then not a fan of a team...when those said fans spend a lot of time on a fan board???...lol

Do you think they are double agents, spy's???

Hey, but thanks for the entertainment.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Prescott has proven to be more than a backup. Rush hasn't. You can't judge a quarterback after a couple games it takes a year or 2.
Just curious, but at what point, if any, back in 2016 did you think Dak was more than a backup?

Just want to know what your baseline for Coop is?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
personally i'd like to see rush against the rams, and dak against philly. should really give us a good feel for both of them. imo
Not a bad plan, two comparable teams.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Coaches get paid to coach, and that includes evaluation. Regardless of what we armchair coaches think of our brilliant opinions, we don’t know squat! Not one person on this forum, whether s/he claims to study the game tape and sees the whole field or not, not one has even a shred of credentialed expertise. Just opinions, which are not based on facts, and that’s a fact! Whether we admire Dak and support him or hate him as the Cowboys QB, none of us qualify as anything more than a fan with an opinion.

When Dak is cleared medically to play, I certainly hope that coaches won’t give a single second’s thought about what fans will think if a QB wins or loses. I would hope that the paid professionals will decide on a starting QB for every game based on health and which man gives the Cowboys the best chance to win a game, whether that happens as a team or not.

If they go with Dak, some fans will hate it and second guess it if the team loses. If they go with Rush, some fans will hate it and second guess it if the team loses. A few hardheaded fans who think they actually know something about evaluating QB talent as it aligns with team personnel will even hate it and question the decision if the Cowboys win. That’s when we see truly stupid stubborn egotists who think they qualify as more than a fan.

I’m a fan of Dak, and I think he gives us the best chance to win any football game when healthy. I think he is clearly far superior to every other QB on the team, and I rate him around 14-15 among all NFL QBs, a little higher when he’s playing well. But I realize that I’m just a fan with an opinion. If the Cowboys stick with Cooper Rush after Dak is healthy, I will assume they believe he has earned the chance and that they are not convinced that Dak gives them the best chance to win a game and want to see more, and I have no problem with that because they are the coaches.

However, whether they go with Dak or Cooper after Dak is cleared medically and has shown he can grip and throw the ball as before the injury, I don’t believe either man should be removed just because the team loses to a better team like the Eagles. If they believe one man gives them the best chance to win, even if it’s Rush, don’t pull the plug after one loss to a team like TB or Philly.

That should be the difference between a fan’s opinion and a coach’s decision.
I wish you are right, but I'm not sure you are...I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't really know.

We would all like to believe that the professional coaches would make that (right) decision, but many, including me believe that non-professionals (as you refer to us fans on the board) named Jerry and his son are making the starting decisions based on marketing, financial and egotistical reasons.

That's why I hope your right and I'm wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The play of Cooper Rush seems to have the Cowboys in a hurry to get Dak back as soon as possible to avoid any kind of media QB controversy, but this could back fire big time for them.

If they were smart they'd not bring Dak back for the Rams game as it seems to be reported that he's targeted for his comeback for that one.

The Cowboys could potentially be 3-0 with Rush as the QB going into that game and Dak coming back for that one seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dak probably won't be fully healed, going up against a pretty good defense, and the defending Super Bowl champs. Then you have the Eagles the next game when they look like world beaters right now.

Dak got trash threw at him after 3 quarters and an injury this year. Imagine what will happen if we lose to the Rams and Eagles and Dak plays bad.....

You'd think the Cowboys would perfer Rush play those games instead of Dak, but then again, what if Rush plays great and we win? Then the flames are fueled even more.

You think the fanbase is toxic now when it comes to Dak, just wait until he's rushed back and plays bad.
If Dak had his wish he would swap out the philly game with the washington game.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like many of us, I can honestly say I have no concrete idea as to how this potential QB controversy might play out. On one hand, I see a FO that is highly protective of the money invested in their players and is prone to take that seriously into consideration. On the other hand, I also hope to see a desire within this organization to finally prove, once and for all, that winning actually matters a great deal.

This thing will, undoubtedly, be settled by the people in control of the power structure within this team. Like most of us, I can hardly wait to see whatever happens to transpire in the weeks to come. It'll be extremely interesting, if nothing else. May the best route to be taken for success be revealed in the weeks to come and may the most needful and appropriate decisions follow! Amen. :cool:

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Like many of us, I can honestly say I have no concrete idea as to how this potential QB controversy might play out. On one hand, I see a FO that is highly protective of the money invested in their players and is prone to take that seriously into consideration. On the other hand, I also hope to see a desire within this organization to finally prove, once and for all, that winning actually does matter.

This thing will, undoubtedly, be settled by the people in control of the power structure within this team. Like most of us, I can hardly wait to see whatever transpires in the weeks to come. It'll be extremely interesting, if nothing else. May the best route to be taken for success be revealed in the weeks to come and may the most appropriate decisions follow! Amen. :)
If there is but only one constant Bullflop, it is that Jerry always finds a way to keep us interested.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I wish you are right, but I'm not sure you are...I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't really know.

We would all like to believe that the professional coaches would make that (right) decision, but many, including me believe that non-professionals (as you refer to us fans on the board) named Jerry and his son are making the starting decisions based on marketing, financial and egotistical reasons.

That's why I hope your right and I'm wrong.
I hear you. I live in a world where I don’t think Jerry tells his coaches whom to start, though he may ask why. But I admit the possibility that I may be naive. :)

Dallasfann

Reaction score
more like Dallas Prescott fan . Its obvious your crapping your panties watching Rush . Some fan u are

Huh? Go look at my post history kid. You will find out that you have no idea what you're talking about fairly quickly.

Cmac

Reaction score
So bring him back against cupcake teams? No, that soft mentality isnt going to get us anywhere. He needs to be out there when he’s feeling right. If thats LA or Philly then so be it. No running from the grind
Wouldn't that apply to Cooper Rush also.....if there's going to be a decision?